Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part quatre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm pretty mad at how we treated Evan Bouchard this season.

I bet he lights it up next year and we look back at this year and go "geez, we really sat on that guy"

Who knows, if Tippy is still here maybe he’s still munching popcorn til the TDL

Reactions: Paralyzer008

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I’m nervous. I just want to win tonight so bad.
Likely something you ate....

images

Reactions: tardigrade81

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton

Projected Lineups:
Edmonton Oilers: Some Edmonton Oilers players
Winnipeg Jets: Guys playing for Winnipeg Jets

Game 1 highlights: no
Game 2 highlights: no
Game 3 highlights: hell no!

Referees: don't know, don't care

Keys to the game:
Edmonton Oilers: score goals against Winnipeg Jets
Winnipeg Jets: score goals against Edmonton Oilers

GO OILERS!

Reactions: Aussiejet

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Who knows, if Tippy is still here maybe he’s still munching popcorn til the TDL
Well it’s a combo of him and Holland, people want tonnes of roster turnover. Holland has said since he got here he wanted more carryover year to year. There will be a spot if Barrie isn’t brought back, but people praying for a big trade or signing this offseason I wouldn’t hold your breath, I don’t see much changeover also considering Smith is likely brought back.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
On the one hand, yes an arm should have gone up no question, on the other, they scored seconds later which would have negated it anyways. I don't think Smith would have even made it to the bench to get the extra man on.

In hindsight, that's what happened, but that's not what matters. What matters is the NHL still has a very serious quality of officiating problem.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Turned the game yesterday off as soon as the 4-3 goal was scored. I knew the game was as good as over at that point. Heads should be rolling for that disgrace. All I could really do is laugh though, so predictably Oilersed the situation.

The roster needs an entire overhaul this offseason. There's about 6 or 7 guys I'd keep, the rest can gtfo. Tipp needs to be gone as well, no faith in his coaching decisions. Often, it seemed the team is winning in spite of him, rather than because of him.

Need a proven coach.

Reactions: McFuhryous

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is going to be a blow out for Winnipeg. The players body language during the interviews show that they are a defeated group. Factor that in with what was probably a restless night for most of the Oilers and a well rested night for most of the Jets and you have the makings for a blow out. I just got a 50/50 ticket to celebrate the last game of the year.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
So that excuses him taking a blatant nonsensical penalty like that when we were up 4-1?

In the heat of the play refs let things go. But that Archi hit was just gross and unnecessary.
How about Archibalds stick being slashed out of his hand before he took that low bridge penalty lol.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I won't be able to watch tonight and that's probably a good thing... Try to enjoy lads... I guess. We still have a chance. But it's a fool's chance. Even if we get swept there's more to life than hockey...

Nothing left to do except to row onward.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Well it’s a combo of him and Holland, people want tonnes of roster turnover. Holland has said since he got here he wanted more carryover year to year. There will be a spot if Barrie isn’t brought back, but people praying for a big trade or signing this offseason I wouldn’t hold your breath, I don’t see much changeover also considering Smith is likely brought back.

I’m sure they’re not going to turn over every roster spot aside from McDavid, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and Nurse etc but what do you think they do with that cap?

If Holland goes into next season with a Chiarellian ‘Cap Space’, he might as well just save himself the trouble and resign. Katz won’t put up with that with a fan base that is already hemorrhaging fans. Even if he re-signs 2 of the 3 UFAs (I doubt it), they have to make some changes. Smith can only come back as a 1B. If they are putting faith in him starting for a full season at 40 they might as well forfeit the season, and I like Smith

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I am so lazy to even look at the lineup

Is this coach going to play Bear at #1 again?

I am still confused when everybody said he was playing like crap, why Dave kept him up there?

Has Barrie been brutal?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I’m sure they’re not going to turn over every roster spot aside from McDavid, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi and Nurse etc but what do you think they do with that cap?

If Holland goes into next season with a Chiarellian ‘Cap Space’, he might as well just save himself the trouble and resign. Katz won’t put up with that with a fan base that is already hemorrhaging fans. Even if he re-signs 2 of the 3 UFAs (I doubt it), they have to make some changes. Smith can only come back as a 1B. If they are putting faith in him starting for a full season at 40 they might as well forfeit the season, and I like Smith
Holland better try a massive turnover because you cannot just bring back the same guys who do jack squat.

Lets say Nuge takes a discount. We got Nuge. We have Yammo. So if we bring in 1 new guy, how much will change in the composition? I think we need 2 new faces up there and they better be solid guys.

Get rid of Kahun/Yammo/Nuge

2 of those guys shouldn't be here or play unless they contribute and deserve it (Yammo).

It's like insanity. They will keep bringing the same sh** back and expect different results.

Top 6 to me is

Drai
McDavid
Jp
x
x
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad