Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part quatre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What I don't understand is why Archibald thought he could get away with a flagrant penalty right in front of the refs just because it's playoffs.

archibaldPNG_ri4mqf2i1a.png

Oh... right.
Yup, good point, almost forgot that play, and I was livid. Fortunately, we scored a few seconds later, so no one talked about that obvious foul that once again, a clueless ref missed right in front of him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What I don't understand is why Archibald thought he could get away with a flagrant penalty right in front of the refs just because it's playoffs.

Oh... right.
So that excuses him taking a blatant nonsensical penalty like that when we were up 4-1?

In the heat of the play refs let things go. But that Archi hit was just gross and unnecessary.

Reactions: oobga

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I'm not disappointed in Bear at all. He is what we thought he is. I'm more disappointed in his coach for sticking him in that position time and again.

If Bear was a better skater then sure maybe it could work, but with his foot speed he has a tendency to get exposed at times because the other teams' top players are faster and more skilled and can better take advantage of that lack of speed. Not sure to what extent he can improve on that at this point, but even if he could get a half step quicker in the off-season it would make a significant difference.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Even though I have the Oil winning tonight, a loss could cement the end of the Tippett/Smith duo
Not so fast. Smitty is coming back next year on another 1 year deal. It's his GM's job to get him a capable guy to play in front of him and take the load off.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018

Oh... right.

Hope it was worth it for that selfish prick Archibald then :laugh:

Didn't even hurt the player he was clipping AND the Oilers lost the game.

Totally worth it lol.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Yup, good point, almost forgot that play, and I was livid. Fortunately, we scored a few seconds later, so no one talked about that obvious foul that once again, a clueless ref missed right in front of him.

Apparently trying to carve out a players eye isn’t even a penalty anymore. What a league.

Reactions: jmco

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So that excuses him taking a blatant nonsensical penalty like that when we were up 4-1?

In the heat of the play refs let things go. But that Archi hit was just gross and unnecessary.
Of course it was unnecessary. But it didn't cost us the game. It was a contributing factor, yes, but too many other screwups by others led to the result.

And the heat of the play does NOT excuse a ref completely missing a stick to the face when it's right in front of him.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I was thinking more about the "giving up shitty goals, including the OT winner" thing.
I guess you really weren't "thinking" at all, sine this is a 7:45 start and with a typical 3 hour game, 11 o'clock puts us at sometime in OT, and getting to OT means there would have to be a lot of quality saves in there. And without Smitty's play, especially in the first two games, none of the contests are even close. So, wrong on both counts.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Hope the Jets win to put them out of their misery. No point in prolonging the inevitable. Let the team sit and stew in anger. This will force Holland to really have to step up this summer. lol

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Dear oilers, please fight as hard as the germans did against Canada and I bet you will win not only one game against the Jets maybe if you are lucky you could still win this series but unfortunately that won't happen...

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Season was less then a week longer then the nucks and flames. Didn't even make it to the draft lottery

Oh the irony of it all. We got to laugh and poke fun at them for having to play out meaningless game while the rest of us are playing the games that really matter and in the end they both get the last laugh…

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Dear oilers, please fight as hard as the germans did against Canada and I bet you will win not only one game against the Jets maybe if you are lucky you could still win this series but unfortunately that won't happen...
The German's couldn't count on help from the lethargic Italians, and I doubt we can count on any help from the equally pathetic refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad