Rumor: Dreger: Calgary previously inquired about Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Pelletier & a 1st?!? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: That's a joke and a half.

Also, hilarious that Habs fans are trying to pretend this is a rumor when it's fairly baseless speculation.

Reactions: CF84

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Pelletier & a 1st?!? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: That's a joke and a half.

Also, hilarious that Habs fans are trying to pretend this is a rumor when it's fairly baseless speculation.

Well, Lebrun DID report the "Hughes refused a 1st for Anderson".
But yeah, the Pelletier part is absolutely speculation and a misnomer of a thread title.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Well, Lebrun DID report the "Hughes refused a 1st for Anderson".
But yeah, the Pelletier part is absolutely speculation and a misnomer of a thread title.
But a 1st in what capacity? For example, if the offer was a 2024 1st for Anderson @ 50% retained, then obviously the Habs would refuse.

All this Anderson stuff strongly comes across as Hughes negotiating through the media. "Our 0.4ppg forward is clearly so phenomenal, that other teams have to give up top prospects and picks just for us to consider even moving him."

It's overly desperate and kinda sad.

Reactions: Snowman

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
But a 1st in what capacity? For example, if the offer was a 2024 1st for Anderson @ 50% retained, then obviously the Habs would refuse.

All this Anderson stuff strongly comes across as Hughes negotiating through the media. "Our 0.4ppg forward is clearly so phenomenal, that other teams have to give up top prospects and picks just for us to consider even moving him."

I mean if it works is it still desperate and sad though?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

First paragraph : No precision. And that's indeed a big variable, considering term left.

Second paragraph : Well, it's not like insiders were wrong lately regarding what would the Habs players fetch when traded... I'm not talking about fans gloating about Edmundson fetching a 1st + B+ prospect without retention here. Just what insiders are reporting.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I'd be glad if we can get rid of his contract for a conditional 7th. If somehow NHL GM's are dumb enough to pay what's been rumoured I'm all for it though, go for it Kent. Don't get the logic but eh.

Reactions: Bond

Bond

May 10, 2012
Could Zadorov or Mangiapane make sense ? Both have a year and a half yet, so that would open up enough cap until the cap increases more in the summer of 2025.

I'm not looking at value here, just trying to find a way that this could work cap-wise.
Nah. Why would the Flames downgrade to take on Anderson. Coleman is the only contract that would make sense and I’d keep him over Anderson personally.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Awful player. Awful. Not even considering the contract.

FnlNV1yXgAMYQ1a

Fnl9WYaaMAAW5z2

Big man skate fast
I think you have now hit water and if you keep going China is your next destination. Anderson has value and GMs will pay with a first + for his services. I hope this reality doesn't give you coping issues.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
As an Oilers fan, I would love for this to be true but it just seems so unrealistic.

Ever since Hughes became Gm some “insiders” have been just carrying the water for him. He must of been feeding them info as an agent.

Reactions: MardyBum

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm half convinced Kent Hughes is slipping cash under the table to the likes of LeBrun, Dreger and Engels to keep talking up crappy Habs players.

Worked with Chiarot. Next stop Edmundson and Anderson.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
And Habs GM should be fired for turning down a lottery pick for this useless asset
Two things :
- There may have been even possible better offers
- That lottery pick may have come with something he really didn't want. Like retention.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Two things :
- There may have been even possible better offers
- That lottery pick may have come with something he really didn't want. Like retention.
No lottery team is going to offer a 1st pick for him. Treliving and Sutter are delusional.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Not so sure what's so hard for people to understand. GM's and front offices like big guys who can skate and score goals. Yeah Anderson is really a luxury complimentary player, but he scores 20 goals a year and provides intangibles. He might decline but unlike someone like Lucic he can already skate to begin with...

Someone should ask Mitch Marner and Jake Muzzin how they felt about playing Anderson in the playoffs. I seem to recall a few panicked puck over glass penalties...

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Bond

May 10, 2012
Not so sure what's so hard for people to understand. GM's and front offices like big guys who can skate and score goals. Yeah Anderson is really a luxury complimentary player, but he scores 20 goals a year and provides intangibles. He might decline but unlike someone like Lucic he can already skate to begin with...

Someone should ask Mitch Marner and Jake Muzzin how they felt about playing Anderson in the playoffs. I seem to recall a few panicked puck over glass penalties...
Except he has scored 20 goals once in his career.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Except he has scored 20 goals once in his career.
So sorry about that. He has paced for 20 in all of them except his shoulder injury season and his first full season, where he scored 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad