Rumor: Dreger: Calgary previously inquired about Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Declining? Mmmm ok

His career high was 4 years ago where he put up 47 points. That was the only time in his career hes actually put up more than 32 points.
3 years ago, injured so ill throw this one out.
2 years ago, 24 points(37 pace)
1 year ago, 32 points(38 pace)
This year, 19 current(32 pace)
Guys who rely on physical skills like him tend to decline fast and from these stats hes already trending down.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I hope and prey that Fitz in NJ wasn’t the one who was rumoured to have offered a 1st.…. A few times NJ was rumoured to be interested . Not sure if those rumours were legit or not but , I would puke if the Devils paid a first or gave up anything for him. Not a chance on that contract. At 50% retained Id swap him for Wood , but that’s about it.

Bond

May 10, 2012
And Hughes has been clear that retaining long-term makes no sense to him. Even retaining for a season and a half (like they could do with Edmundson) seems like a stretch. For 4 years just seems ridiculous. There are very few retained contracts out there once rentals are excluded.

As well, the cap issue for Calgary seems insurmountable. There have been multiple threads about Anderson to Calgary, and ignoring details of return, there's just no way to make him fit, and Calgary doesn't seem to have any comparable salaries to return that Montreal might want and that would still leave Calgary improving.

If ever Calgary does trade for Anderson, it'll be a massive fail for HF, since even when examining the question in depth it never seemed possible in the slightest.
Coleman for Anderson would be the only swap that would fit and I would just keep the cheaper contract.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
If and when Anderson is dealt, the cope from some people on this forum is going to be absolutely legendary.

He's getting a 1st plus. Feel free to save this post. I'm saving some of yours' ;)

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
We're in the era of the Ben Chiarot afterglow. Any pessimism about Habs players is invalid because he came in above expectation, basically.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
We're in the era of the Ben Chiarot afterglow. Any pessimism about Habs players is invalid because he came in above expectation, basically.

...Because insiders had called it for Chiarot.
No one thinks Drouin is getting moved for a 1st, because no one is reporting that.

Anderson, on the hand...

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
If and when Anderson is dealt, the cope from some people on this forum is going to be absolutely legendary.

He's getting a 1st plus. Feel free to save this post. I'm saving some of yours' ;)
Well, he might fetch a 1st, or some nice futures. But I don't see how Calgary can fit him in without moving someone that just doesn't make sense.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Toffoli was a dumb trade too according to the experts on HF. Truth is he's the 2nd best scorer for Calgary ahead of Kadri and Hubedeau and for half the price.

Flames fan here appreciate prospects so it's only natural they dont want this rumor to be true. They are probably right they should have traded Tkachuk for futures instead of finishing 9th.

Thanks for the 1st and Monahan.
I don't get the hate here for Toffoli was such a good deal for both teams really. TT was/is a good fit for the flames, signed to a reasonable cap hit and not a rental.
Keep hearing flames fans shit on him here though.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Coleman for Anderson would be the only swap that would fit and I would just keep the cheaper contract.
Could Zadorov or Mangiapane make sense ? Both have a year and a half yet, so that would open up enough cap until the cap increases more in the summer of 2025.

I'm not looking at value here, just trying to find a way that this could work cap-wise.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Josh Anderson is one of those players that stats watchers fans don't appreciate enough but GMs also don't appreciate the fact that this contract won't age well.

Reactions: JT3 and Team_Spirit

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Of course they could. I wouldn't trade Anderson for a late 1st either. I like him alot, he's one of the toughest player in the league and also one of the fastest. He's overpaid for a 3rd liner no doubt but still he's producing around 20 goals every year almost exclusively at 5 on 5. He's probably worth around 4M per season so yeah he's overpaid by 1.5M but I don't care, I want to keep him.
Fair enough but he has only scored 20 or more goals once in his career. He doesnt fit the core age of the group they should trade him for a first if they can get one if you look big picture.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Josh Anderson is one of those players that stats watchers fans don't appreciate enough but GMs also don't appreciate the fact that this contract won't age well.
It might age just fine, but it's fair to say there's a certain risk.

That being said, for teams in a win-now mode, it can be a risk worth taking (whereas for a rebuilding team where nothing counts for a couple of seasons anyways, the risk is there and there isn't much benefit)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Now explain how they fit him into the cap next year. There isn't a reasonable way to do it
As it stands now, nope. But that is year away. Treliving must think he can. He wouldn't be that shortsighted

Change the Title tag, as it implies Josh Anderson to Calgary could be imminent.

What you posted barely even qualifies as speculation.
Dreger is legit media source. Calgary has inquired

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
That’s a lot of money and term for some intangibles and low production.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I see you have been attending the Donald Trump school of communication and advocacy. Please let me remind you that outside this school, it is not because you are saying something that it makes it true.
Awful player. Awful. Not even considering the contract.

FnlNV1yXgAMYQ1a

Fnl9WYaaMAAW5z2

Big man skate fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad