Rumor: Dreger: Calgary previously inquired about Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Darren Dreger on Montreal radio this morning said Brad Treliving been after Josh Anderson since he was in Colombus. Habs not looking to trade him. But if offer high enough would they?

Dreger speculated it would take a first and top prospect like Pelletier for Montreal to move Anderson. Something to keep an eye on as deadline gets closer

Strong trade history between the two GMs. Montreal rumoured to have received a first round pick offer last week and turned it down. Unknown who it was from.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Darren Dreger on Montreal radio this morning said Brad Treliving been after Josh Anderson since he was in Colombus. Habs not looking to trade him. But if offer high enough would they?

Dreger speculated it would take a first and top prospect like Pelletier for Montreal to move Anderson. Something to keep an eye on as deadline gets closer

Strong trade history between the two GMs. Montreal rumoured to have received a first round pick offer last week and turned it down. Unknown who it was from.
He said that Calgary previously inquired about Anderson. There's no rumor that Anderson is going to Calgary now.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

If it’s true Montreal turned down a #1 recently for him, can’t see the Flames offering more than that.

Bond

May 10, 2012
This is the same story from Dreger that the Habs asking price is basically too high. I don't get why GMs like Anderson at all. 50% retention for a 2nd and I get it lol.
I might actually stop following the Flames if they gave up anything of value for Anderson. His contract should take a couple first to dump as is.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
1675453972352.png

Aging power forward with a history of injury issues that’s really only good at one thing and carrying a cap hit of 5.5 until 2027… you’d be dumb not to give up a first round pick for him!!

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I might actualyl stop following the Flames if they gave up anything of value for Anderson. His contract should take a couple first to dump as is.

What a ridiculous assertion. Josh Anderson is a far better hockey player than he's typically given credit for on here, but this is about as bad of a take on him as I've seen.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Maybe Speculation?
I think either way, people would click the thread and discuss the premise the same way.
Sounds like Dreger is playing mouthpiece for either Treliving or Hughes.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
What a ridiculous assertion. Josh Anderson is a far better hockey player than he's typically given credit for on here, but this is about as bad of a take on him as I've seen.

Maybe not a couple firsts, but I have to question the sanity of any GM who would willingly take on that contract. I’d value him at about a single first round pick of negative value if there isn’t retention.

I don’t think he’s underrated at all. It’s not the player people don’t want. It’s the contract. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say they wouldn’t want him if Montreal got his caphit down to a more reasonable range.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Maybe not a couple firsts, but I have to question the sanity of any GM who would willingly take on that contract. I’d value him at about a single first round pick of negative value if there isn’t retention.

I don’t think he’s underrated at all. It’s not the player people don’t want. It’s the contract. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say they wouldn’t want him if Montreal got his caphit down to a more reasonable range.

He's worth 5.5m. Why do people act like this is some insane number?

I disagree he takes a 1st to get rid of. Honestly unless the Habs are getting a 1st+ back I have zero interest in moving him.

This is one of the biggest gaps between what I think a players value is and what the HF consensus seems to be. But I don't think I'm wrong. I hope he gets moved just so we can see who's got his value closer.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Really, a top prospect too? Maybe if his contract was under 2m. I just don't see it happening.

I know LeBrun already reported the Habs refused a 1st round pick for him, but that's pushing it.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

I think the Canadiens should absolutely not trade Josh Anderson.

Luckily Darren Dreger is, for the most part, a fool, so I doubt there's any truth to this.

Reactions: HuGo Sham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad