Rumor: Dreger: Calgary previously inquired about Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
View attachment 645422

Aging power forward with a history of injury issues that’s really only good at one thing and carrying a cap hit of 5.5 until 2027… you’d be dumb not to give up a first round pick for him!!

Looking at his last 3 seasons:

In 2020-21, the league was limited to a 56 game schedule, he appeared in 52 of them.

In 2021-22, he played 69 out of the league’s 82 game schedule.

In 2022-23, he’s appeared in 49 out of the Habs’ 51 games played so far.

These stats don’t support the claim of a history of injury issues, at least not in the past 3 years. There was a major injury suffered 3 years ago but that appears to have been overcome.

As for “aging”, he’s only 28 not 33. Still well within his prime. His cap hit will become easily digestible as the league is expected to raise its cap limit to levels similar to pre-pandemic years within the next two seasons and beyond.

None of us are dumb enough to be those NHL GMs that drool over the idea of a power forward with limited offensive talent but they’re out there and unlike you, some are actually willing to pay a first rounder for him.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What a dumb f***ing title. Change it @Scorey Perry

How so? Darren Dreger works for the Habs?

Well since Bell has a minority stake in the Habs and the arena naming rights, and TSN is a subsidiary of Bell Media, I would say in a very real sense yes he does work for the Habs.

but beyond that

Bedard future Hab
Hutson future 1D
Beck future star
Panthers 1st turning into top 10
Caufield future Rocket winner
Slafkovsky future 90pt winger
Suzuki future top 5C
This thread and many others like it :laugh:

I'm not even hating, I get it. They're in that sweet honeymoon period with the new GM, where everything he touches turns to gold and he can do no wrong. I'm not even saying the optimism is unfounded. It seems to be going well so far, but just like most things with a rabid Canadian fanbase it could probably use some reeling in.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Well since Bell has a minority stake in the Habs and the arena naming rights, and TSN is a subsidiary of Bell Media, I would say in a very real sense yes he does work for the Habs.

but beyond that

Bedard future Hab
Hutson future 1D
Beck future star
Suzuki future top 5C

I'm not even hating, I get it. They're in that sweet honeymoon period with the new GM, where everything he touches turns to gold and he can do no wrong. I'm not even saying the optimism is unfounded. It seems to be going well so far, but just like most things with a rabid Canadian fanbase it could probably use some reeling in.
Everything you stated is possible.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Looking at his last 3 seasons:

In 2020-21, the league was limited to a 56 game schedule, he appeared in 52 of them.

In 2021-22, he played 69 out of the leagues 82 game schedule.

In 2022-23, he’s appeared in 49 out of the Habs’ 51 games played so far.

These stats don’t support the claim of a history of injury issues, at least not in the past 3 years. There was a major injury suffered 3 years ago but that appears to have been overcome.

As for “aging”, he’s only 28 not 33. Still well within his prime. His cap hit will become easily digestible as the league is expected to raise its cap limit to levels similar to pre-pandemic years within the next two seasons and beyond.

None of us are dumb enough to be those NHL GMs that drool over the idea of a power forward with limited offensive talent but they’re out there and unlike you, some are actually willing to pay a first rounder for him.

Ahh yes, history shows us that players with Josh Anderson’s play style tend to age very gracefully.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

but beyond that

Bedard future Hab
Hutson future 1D
Beck future star
Suzuki future top 5C

Well i like your projection on the Habs .One can only hope that some of your projections come out true.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Anyways, this should really be locked unless someone can show how the cap will work for the Flames

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Darren Dreger on Montreal radio this morning said Brad Treliving been after Josh Anderson since he was in Colombus. Habs not looking to trade him. But if offer high enough would they?

Dreger speculated it would take a first and top prospect like Pelletier for Montreal to move Anderson. Something to keep an eye on as deadline gets closer

Strong trade history between the two GMs. Montreal rumoured to have received a first round pick offer last week and turned it down. Unknown who it was from.
Lol ok.

Shocked that the habs turned down a first. Wonder if there was heavy retention or if it was riddled with conditions.
There is no chance they turned that down haha.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Toffoli was a dumb trade too according to the experts on HF. Truth is he's the 2nd best scorer for Calgary ahead of Kadri and Hubedeau and for half the price.

Flames fan here appreciate prospects so it's only natural they dont want this rumor to be true. They are probably right they should have traded Tkachuk for futures instead of finishing 9th.

Thanks for the 1st and Monahan.

Reactions: Rob Sense

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If that’s true, you Habs fans should be running him out of town.

If it's only a low 1st with nothing else, I'd turn it down too. Because we're not in 2007, 5.5 really isn't all that much and Anderson is a really, really useful player on a team that's currently lacking them. He'll never be the biggest point producer but he's a really good goal scorer, an insane forechecker, physical and appears to be a model player in the room. It's not like Montreal is currently filled up with useful players or in any sort of cap trouble. They really don't have to move him and there's a lot of upside to keeping him.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Don't use egregiously misleading titles to draw more attention to your threads please.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This read like those old "Insider X report that Chiarot will fetch a 1st" threads.

- It's not fans making this claim, it's an "insider". Not exactly the most credible one, but not a total slouch either, and it does align with what Lebrun has reported.

- Nothing prevents retention in what's being said. Anderson at 5.5M for four years isn't huge value on paper; Anderson at 4 is... well, significantly different, and RETAINING for 4 seasons is a lot too; I probably wouldn't trade for Anderson at 5.5M for, say, a first and Pelletier (but then again I'm no GM) but I certainly wouldn't trade Anderson + 1.5M$ in lost capspace for four seasons for ONLY a first rounder.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Toffoli was a dumb trade too according to the experts on HF. Truth is he's the 2nd best scorer for Calgary ahead of Kadri and Hubedeau and for half the price.

Flames fan here appreciate prospects so it's only natural they dont want this rumor to be true. They are probably right they should have traded Tkachuk for futures instead of finishing 9th.

? Toffoli is and always has been a good player. Anderson stinks.

• Haha
Reactions: Voight and EveryDay

Bond

May 10, 2012

Nah, most Flames fans were happy with the Toffoli trade. Good contract and better stats than Anderson. If Anderson had 1-2 years left on his deal then he'd be getting less flack. That term is killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad