Rumor: Dreger: Calgary previously inquired about Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
With 50% retention I can picture a GM being dumb enough to trade a first for him. 35 points and declining with bad defense for 2.25 mil? Yeah someone will bite.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Treviling likes way Anderson plays. Big and fast, will lead his team in hits, on pace for 23 goals this season. Locked up for next 4 seasons. Those a lot of qualities.
Now explain how they fit him into the cap next year. There isn't a reasonable way to do it

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
With 50% retention I can picture a GM being dumb enough to trade a first for him. 35 points and declining with bad defense for 2.25 mil? Yeah someone will bite.
With no retention i can see a few GM's offering up a 1st for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Galactico

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I really don't get this player. Has stats like a bottom 6 forward. I hope the Flames do not trade for him

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lol ok.

There is no chance they turned that down haha.
Of course they could. I wouldn't trade Anderson for a late 1st either. I like him alot, he's one of the toughest player in the league and also one of the fastest. He's overpaid for a 3rd liner no doubt but still he's producing around 20 goals every year almost exclusively at 5 on 5. He's probably worth around 4M per season so yeah he's overpaid by 1.5M but I don't care, I want to keep him.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
I always thought Anderson would be a good fit in Calgary. He'd fill out their top six nicely heading into the playoffs. The Habs have specific needs that I don't think Calgary can help them with. Any deal means a high draft pick. A smart guy like Hughes won't give him away.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I’ve never seen a worse player on a worse contract get brought up in trades so often. No one wants him.
I am not a Hab fan at all but this is a bad take. Anderson is a decent player maybe over paid definitely too long of a contract. I would take him on the Oilers but I wouldn't give up top value for him. Anderson at 3.5 for 2 2nds and a B prospect

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
I don't see Anderson bringing much value back unless there's heavy retention in play. There's no comparable for a player signed for as much money and term and producing as little as Anderson has being traded as anything more than a cap dump.

Reactions: Snowman

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I don't see Anderson bringing much value back unless there's heavy retention in play. There's no comparable for a player signed for as much money and term and producing as little as Anderson has being traded as anything more than a cap dump.
How many 3rd liner score around 20 goals per season from he 3rd line while been the most physical player of their team?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Darren Dreger on Montreal radio this morning said Brad Treliving been after Josh Anderson since he was in Colombus. Habs not looking to trade him. But if offer high enough would they?

Dreger speculated it would take a first and top prospect like Pelletier for Montreal to move Anderson. Something to keep an eye on as deadline gets closer

Strong trade history between the two GMs. Montreal rumoured to have received a first round pick offer last week and turned it down. Unknown who it was from.

Change the Title tag, as it implies Josh Anderson to Calgary could be imminent.

What you posted barely even qualifies as speculation.

Reactions: CF84 and MXD

Ledge And Dairy

Yes there is, Milan Lucic at age 29 in 17/18. Contract aged super well
/s

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Most overrated player I have ever seen.

Big guy who skates well and plays physical but my god we're talking about a guy with 19 points in 49 games who makes 5.5M until he's 34.

Habs should be trying to find takers but instead teams are falling over themselves to add this plug.

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
How many 3rd liner score around 20 goals per season from he 3rd line while been the most physical player of their team?
He's averaging the 4th most 5v5 TOI only behind Suzuki, Caufield and Dach and pacing for 31 points over 82 games. His production is downright terrible for the amount of ice time and opportunities he gets.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Which is why this rumour doesn't make sense. Maybe some other team will take him but the Flames can't even fit him next year at 50%.
And Hughes has been clear that retaining long-term makes no sense to him. Even retaining for a season and a half (like they could do with Edmundson) seems like a stretch. For 4 years just seems ridiculous. There are very few retained contracts out there once rentals are excluded.

As well, the cap issue for Calgary seems insurmountable. There have been multiple threads about Anderson to Calgary, and ignoring details of return, there's just no way to make him fit, and Calgary doesn't seem to have any comparable salaries to return that Montreal might want and that would still leave Calgary improving.

If ever Calgary does trade for Anderson, it'll be a massive fail for HF, since even when examining the question in depth it never seemed possible in the slightest.

Reactions: Runner77

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Most overrated player I have ever seen.

Big guy who skates well and plays physical but my god we're talking about a guy with 19 points in 49 games who makes 5.5M until he's 34.

Habs should be trying to find takers but instead teams are falling over themselves to add this plug.
I know and I love it. I laugh every time there is some sort of "rumour" or "news" about a GM wanting to trade for him. If the Habs are able to trade Anderson for no or little retention he should win GM of the year. Anderson is absolutely trash and for some reason GM's want him LOL.

Also I LOOOVEEE all the fans of other teams in this thread going nuts about a potential trade because they are scared he might be traded. It makes for an entertaining thread to read LOL.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
MTL has 3 forwards with more even strength TOI per game. Not a 3rd line deployment. He’s averaging 33 points per 82 games over the last 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad