Rumor: Dreger: Calgary previously inquired about Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Shocked that the habs turned down a first. Wonder if there was heavy retention or if it was riddled with conditions.

As a Hab fan that wants to tank and rebuild with good young talent, I'd move Anderson for 1st or Pelletier, plus I'd take back a contract to make sure Anderson fit under a team's cap.

That kills two birds with one stone: gets us a young asset for the future AND makes us worse in the short term, which is better for the tank.

Reactions: CDN24 and YP44

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As a Hab fan that wants to tank and rebuild with good young talent, I'd move Anderson for 1st or Pelletier, plus I'd take back a contract to make sure Anderson fit under a team's cap.

That kills two birds with one stone: gets us a young asset for the future AND makes us worse in the short term, which is better for the tank.

I think Gorton/Hughes decline that offer if it was ever made. Pelletier is a undersized winger at age 21 and he's not going to be a top 6F. The 1st is a 1st. Could hit or bust. I personally rather go after younger talent than Pelletier. Habs have a few guys that will try to crack the roster next year. No need to clutter it.

Habs are doing fine at tanking with Anderson in the line-up. We will listen when teams call about Anderson but it took us years to find a big body that skates well like that and has a great shot. We are not letting it go so easily. Anderson is not going to decline in his prime years which is what he is signed for.

Having Anderson around while we inject more and more youth is of value to me. If a team really wants him, offer pry away value. If not, let us be with Anderson in our line-up. We are perfectly fine with him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's why I can't believe that MTL actually got offered a 1st for him and they rejected it. LOL.

We've been saying it for a while now. He's not being shopped and we value him on our roster. He brings much more than fans and their points evaluation.

A late 1st from 20+ is not worth Anderson. He's frustrating to watch at times cause you know he has more to give but when he does, he's very effective. He has shown to have multiple gears in his level of play and he does step up in big games. We know what we have and it's better than what you think.

Guys like Anderson who have size and can skate and also has a great shot is not some readily available piece in today's NHL. Yes, we know he is not a perfect top 6F power forward. But he is also not some 4th line bum either. He's a very effective and rare middle 6F type.

If teams don't like the price for Anderson, go try to get Miles Wood. Leave us alone

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Speculation?

Rumour: a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Source: can use a f***ing dictionary

So .... when he says it, it is speculation. As soon as someone repeats it, it is rumour.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I think Gorton/Hughes decline that offer if it was ever made. Pelletier is a undersized winger at age 21 and he's not going to be a top 6F. The 1st is a 1st. Could hit or bust. I personally rather go after younger talent than Pelletier. Habs have a few guys that will try to crack the roster next year. No need to clutter it.

Habs are doing fine at tanking with Anderson in the line-up. We will listen when teams call about Anderson but it took us years to find a big body that skates well like that and has a great shot. We are not letting it go so easily. Anderson is not going to decline in his prime years which is what he is signed for.

Having Anderson around while we inject more and more youth is of value to me. If a team really wants him, offer pry away value. If not, let us be with Anderson in our line-up. We are perfectly fine with him.

Pelletier certainly has top six upside and very minimal downside. He' will at the very least be a top nine forward for a very, very long time. He's a pipedream acquisition in such a scenario.

Reactions: 26Mats

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pelletier certainly has top six upside and very minimal downside. He' will at the very least be a top nine forward for a very, very long time.

I'm not sure about that. I'm not a fan of undersized wingers and the ones who shine, shine earlier. Don't hate the 21 year old but Habs have plenty of these types in our pool. Rather shoot for younger assets at this stage if we were to move Anderson.

In order to classify him as a middle 6F, he has to show that ability when playing those NHL games. It's still early yet but I don't have the same value on him as the Flames or other Habs fans do. I hope he proves me wrong but I consider him a soft forward so his skill would have to stand out a lot to overcome the soft winger flaws.

Tough assessment on the kid. Totally understand that. The truth is not all turn into who we think they might.

Reactions: Just Linda

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Calling Pelletier a soft forward just means you've clearly never seen him play.

But to expect a better quality of prospect than that, when not only would no sane Flames fan ever even consider offering Pelletier in the first place, but when Toffoli, a considerably better player on a better contract couldn't even return that either despite Habs fans incredible levels of quote unquote optimism then too, is just hilariously absurd.

You'd think top prospects are given away like cheap candy on Halloween the way some here expect them as part of the return in every trade no matter how irrelevant or trash the player, when in reality, they're almost never moved.

Jan 21, 2018
We've been saying it for a while now. He's not being shopped and we value him on our roster. He brings much more than fans and their points evaluation.

A late 1st from 20+ is not worth Anderson. He's frustrating to watch at times cause you know he has more to give but when he does, he's very effective. He has shown to have multiple gears in his level of play and he does step up in big games. We know what we have and it's better than what you think.

Guys like Anderson who have size and can skate and also has a great shot is not some readily available piece in today's NHL. Yes, we know he is not a perfect top 6F power forward. But he is also not some 4th line bum either. He's a very effective and rare middle 6F type.

If teams don't like the price for Anderson, go try to get Miles Wood. Leave us alone

What a delusional post. You wrote multiple paragraphs talking about much value Anderson has yet you fail to mention that he is making almost 6M for like 5 more years.

If Anderson was a free agent today, do you think any contending team would offer him the same contract?

It’s hilarious that you think a rebuilding team would prefer an overpaid bottom 6 forward instead of a 1st round pick.

Ledge And Dairy

Checks Daily Faceoff > Sees Pelletier currently playing in the top 6 :popcorn:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Calling Pelletier a soft forward just means you've clearly never seen him play.

But to expect a better quality of prospect than that, when not only would no sane Flames fan ever even consider offering Pelletier in the first place, but when Toffoli, a considerably better player on a better contract couldn't even return that either despite Habs fans incredible levels of quote unquote optimism then too, is just hilariously absurd.

You'd think top prospects are given away like cheap candy on Halloween the way some here expect them as part of the return in every trade no matter how irrelevant or trash the player, when in reality, they're almost never moved.

Don't worry. Flames won't trade him and the Habs are not trading Anderson for that value. I stand firm on what I said about Pelletier. I know his game well. He's a skilled undersized winger that has to turn the needle in producing offense at the NHL level. Not given a fair chance to do that? That's fair so time will tell us.

Keep him if you value him that high. We are not drooling over acquiring him like you think we are. This is not an attempt to devalue Pelletier to get him in a trade. We are just not going to trade Anderson for that package. You can go on to devalue Anderson but it's a moot point. I don't see a trade happening.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Dredger is acting as a mouthpiece for the Habs . No way they got offered a 1st and refused it .
Its the Habs trying to drive up value and interest.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Checks Daily Faceoff > Sees Pelletier currently playing in the top 6 :popcorn:

Ylonen on the Habs was playing top 6. So was RHP. Doesn't mean I think they will be sure shot top 6 assets in their prime.

Good luck. You will keep him but I'm allowed to say what I have said about him and you are allowed to disagree. Pelletier is a skilled undersized winger so he has to move the offensive needle for me. Sorry if this upsets you but I made this mistake far too often with players like this in the past. Not all will turn into who we think they will. I hope he proves me wrong and the Flames end up with a good asset.

Dredger is acting as a mouthpiece for the Habs . No way they got offered a 1st and refused it .
Its the Habs trying to drive up value and interest.

Not like this matters to you but I think Dreger said the Flames called about Anderson but Lebrun said the 1st was declined in a previous report. You're mixing the two reports up

Last edited:

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary

One would think Wolf would have to be included

• Haha
Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One would think Wolf would have to be included

I don't know. If I was the Flames, I would not make anymore drastic moves. I can see them interested in Anderson but I don't see them giving us pry away value to get him.

Knocking on the door just means it was a conversation. It could have been a very quick conversation. Media and Fans have been shopping Anderson for a while but our actual management has not. We are in no hurry to trade him.

Flames should not trade Wolf until he plays NHL games. More of them. It's hard to evaluate goalies but Wolf could be ready to be back-up here shortly and Markstrom needs a new contract in 3 more seasons.

Maybe the Flames should consider trading Markstom at some point. Keep both Wolf and Vlader.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Don't worry. Flames won't trade him and the Habs are not trading Anderson for that value. I stand firm on what I said about Pelletier. I know his game well. He's a skilled undersized winger that has to turn the needle in producing offense at the NHL level. Not given a fair chance to do that? That's fair so time will tell us.

Keep him if you value him that high. We are not drooling over acquiring him like you think we are. This is not an attempt to devalue Pelletier to get him in a trade. We are just not going to trade Anderson for that package. You can go on to devalue Anderson but it's a moot point. I don't see a trade happening.

Then edit your posts accordingly, because the only way Pelletier is soft is if like between 40 to 50 % of the league is soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad