Draftwired (NHL) is now 'live'

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I did one today and it was cool!! I'll have to do another one to really give you a good feedback, though!!

thx. don't be afraid to think outside the box. Anything you can think of to attract more folks into the gr drafts. If it takes some more programming, I'll do it.

at this point it'll probably be for nxt year, but it doesnt matter.

I just added more Gr Draft times for the final 5 days or so:

weeknights 7 & 10 pm EST
tonight and tommorrow 3, 7:30 & 10 pm

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I always like doing the NFL draft simulators that are out there. Nice to see a NHL one as well. I liked it.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I always like doing the NFL draft simulators that are out there. Nice to see a NHL one as well. I liked it.

Thanks, fyi - draftwired (NFL) was around from jan-april this year. did you happen to see it? anyway I may be pulling my nfl version for a variety of reasons. there are some great NFL fans but compared to hard core NHL fans - no contest - you guys win hands down

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Draftwired (Year 2) launched.
For those of you that missed draftwired’s debut last year, Draftwired is a interactive draft app that features a draft simulator. If you are an armchair GM, I think you'll enoy it.

For those who used it last year, I think you’ll appreciate the upgrades. This year I have (8) different ranking lists (I keep them updated) CSS, McKeens, ISS, McKenzie, Button, hockeyprospect, futureconsiderations, theHoceyWriters and thedraftanalyst. The draftwired default ranking is a composite ranking generated from the 8 scouting services. If you are knowledgable about the prospects I also have implemented a quick and easy to use program to create and maintain your own personal rankings, which can then be used during draft simulations.

http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL

P.S. Draftwired runs on all devices except ‘smart’ phones. Ipads need to be in landscape orientation. Please don’t be annoyed by the page loading when you connect (20 seconds or less) on the average device.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hopefully the draft goes the way your simulator works. Islanders got Quinn Hughes at 10 :p

Not that I am a big fan of him but I also got Ryan McLeod at 40(I like that)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So you have to sign up to try it? Any chance you could relax the signon requirements... let people experiment for a period ; get a bunch of feedback/questions and then turn the sign on back on?

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Draftwired (Year 2) launched.
For those of you that missed draftwired’s debut last year, Draftwired is a interactive draft app that features a draft simulator. If you are an armchair GM, I think you'll enoy it.

For those who used it last year, I think you’ll appreciate the upgrades. This year I have (8) different ranking lists (I keep them updated) CSS, McKeens, ISS, McKenzie, Button, hockeyprospect, futureconsiderations, theHoceyWriters and thedraftanalyst. The draftwired default ranking is a composite ranking generated from the 8 scouting services. If you are knowledgable about the prospects I also have implemented a quick and easy to use program to create and maintain your own personal rankings, which can then be used during draft simulations.

http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL

P.S. Draftwired runs on all devices except ‘smart’ phones. Ipads need to be in landscape orientation. Please don’t be annoyed by the page loading when you connect (20 seconds or less) on the average device.
Been looking forward to this, thanks!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So you have to sign up to try it? Any chance you could relax the signon requirements... let people experiment for a period ; get a bunch of feedback/questions and then turn the sign on back on?

No you don't have to sign up, you can just hit the simulator button and pick a team. You have to sign up to do 7 rounds but not signing up allows you 3 rounds

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
As boredmale said, no sign up required. You have nothing to lose by getting a trial membership though. Once done, you get full privileges on everything including group drafts, creating your rankings etc

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No you don't have to sign up, you can just hit the simulator button and pick a team. You have to sign up to do 7 rounds but not signing up allows you 3 rounds
I went on before I posted and tried 31 teams 2 rounds and a signup is required

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ton of good content. Bit of a learning curve to find out how it all works.

Trade Gadget is a cool tool. For clarity I would try to make it a two-tiered structure rather than one. User selects the two teams from a list and their picks are populated into the secondary DropDown to add/subtract into ultimate calculator.

Functionally and depth-wise the Draft mode is as good as anything I've seen (including EHM, NHL 20__, etc.). "Trade up" and "Trade down" giving realistic options with the statistical breakdown is a good touch. One can argue the validity of Draft Value charts but for this application it is probably the most efficient way to do it. "Grading Simulations" seems like it has one modular box too many, if you could add the grading as a side-bar it would be more user friendly and show the grader more information. Paging through the Grids and some buttons are a bit laggy, not sure if there is any flexibility using more client-side Javascript/jQuery to get some aspects more responsive. That is splitting hairs though, for being a project it looks and functions great.

Reactions: Dornhoeffer

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens picks for 7 rounds ..
12Svechnikov, AndreiRWBarrie
122Kotkaniemi, JesperiLW/CAssat
495Regula, AlecRDLondon
5126Ragnarsson, JacobLDAltmtuna
6157Sokolov, YegorLWCape Breton
7188O'Reilly, RyanCMadison
7194Kowalczyk, DanielLDBrno U20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I like it ... Have to explore the tool more.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
:habs Draft

1.4: Andrei Svechnikov
1.16 (trade for 35,56,97): Joe Veleno
2.38: Jake Wise
2.57: Jay O'Brien
3.66: Xavier Bernard
4.102: Jack Drury
4.123: Anderson MacDonald
5.129 (trade with 208 for 128): Ty Emberson
7.208: Mathias Laferrière

I think we will have enough center in the organisation after that !

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I like the Sabres results!

11Dahlin, RasmusLDFrolunda
232Merkley, RyanRDGuelph
494Eggenberger, NandoRWDavos
4117Drury, JackCWaterloo
5125Galenyuk, DanilaLDMamonty Yugry
6156Kondelik, JoachimC/LWMuskegon
7187Wouters, ChaseCSaskatoon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Trading down as Chicago was pretty interesting.

Got: Martin Kaut (25th), Mattias Samuelsson (31st), Dominik Bokk (34th), Jake Wise (52nd), Aidan Dudas (70th), Liam Foudy (87th), Ruslan Ishakov (124th), Tyler Weiss (142nd), Gavin Hain (162nd), Brendan Budy (163rd), and Joey Keane (193rd)

Quite the haul. Kaut is elite and should be a top 10 talent and the forward prospects I got all have a lot of potential. Wise at 52nd overall is one hell of a steal. Definitely lacking on D since Samuelsson and Keane were the only ones I got, but with Jokiharju and Mitchell from last year's draft, I'm not concerned.

That was fun. Thanks for making this!

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Theres gotta be something wrong with the rankings. For the hawks I got Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi, Samuelsson, and Bulat shafigullin

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Theres gotta be something wrong with the rankings. For the hawks I got Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi, Samuelsson, and Bulat shafigullin

Hawks drafting 7 & 31. You get Wahlstrom at 7 and Kotkaniemi at 31.
So Kotkaniemi fell to you, that's the nature of a simulator. It does not necessarily take the highest ranked players with each auto select. I'll try and explain in layman's terms how auto-selecting works in a future post.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I'm pretty sure I can explain the sluggishness. I haven't rebooted the server in 2 months. I will be doing that later
If you get booted off, you'll know why. Just wait 5 minutes and re-connect

<< ALERT WILL BE REBOOTING SERVER TONIGHT >> you will get knocked off - temporarily

i knew there was something I forgot to do

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This thing is awesome. I've been on it for two hours and I wouldn't be surprised to see it running on some teams laptop on draft day!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad