Draftwired (NHL) is now 'live'

Led Tasso

Jun 2, 2016
The group draft is so much more fun. I understand the convenience of the individual simulation though.
yes yes. I have ran several of those and love them as well. Just something about the engagement with other GM's. Would love to see the communication box a bit bigger maybe so you can see more than one response at a time. But great work.

Reactions: uncleben

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
That is a good point. There is a lot if points on the site about supporting but it doesn't say how much it costs.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
General suggestions for now/next year @Dornhoeffer

1. Two draft time slots per day, one suitable for Europeans and one for North Americans.

2. Let basic users join one group draft per week, but members get priority. Basic users get a bigger taste of a paid feature and might be more interested in subscribing, and it fills up more slots in the group drafts so there are more than 4 or 5 people which is beneficial for people who paid for membership. And in case a lot of basic members join the drafts, paid members can claim a taken spot up to 15 minutes before a draft, or basic members can only join a draft 30 minutes before it begins.

3. Add a way to favorite players and look at your favorites list during drafts (for members only?), and/or a search function so it's easier to find players during the draft by typing in a name.

4. Make the membership info stand out more, including cost and benefits. Everything is kind of scattered around and more complicated than it needs to be.

5. I don't know if it would be complicated or worth it, but maybe add a way to gift a membership to another user?

6. Maybe a 30 second timeout feature for the group draft? Each team gets one and it adds 30 seconds to the timer to make a trade or decide on who to draft.

Reactions: uncleben

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How much does a membership cost and will there be group drafts at times to accomodate European users? I'm not bothered to stay up all night...

I signed up a few weeks ago, eventhough I was a little frustrated that I couldn't find out how much it costs, until I was asked to submit the payment (via paypal).

And I agree a group draft at a "Euro-friendly" time would be nice. But even without that I like this site and if it's back next year I will sign up again.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
feel like a dumbass, stupid oversight on my part regarding the subscription price. FIXED!

Also modified group draft so guest users can register/play (But only from 30 min prior to start time)
thats a quik compromise on short notice.

If you guys like it, keep this thread going. it's the only way more draft enthusiasts will be exposed.

Added early afternoon times on (mon & wed) for the euros. I think that will be early evening for you. check it - I can modify - let me know what times/days work best and I will continue to modify

I also modified the ticker times for selecting
1st rd = 3 min, 2nd rd = 2 min, 3rd rd = 1 1/2 min
4th rd = 1 min 5th-7th= 1/2 min (more time to work out trades)

thnks

Last edited:

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Just signed up and look forward to having some fun with it. $8 is a very fair price!

There's a 6 hour time difference between east coast US and central Europe but another hour for Finland and two (or more for Russia). I suppose the best time would probably be somewhere around noon-2PM eastern which will make it early evening/late afternoon here

Led Tasso

Jun 2, 2016
feel like a dumbass, stupid oversight on my part regarding the subscription price. FIXED!

Also modified group draft so guest users can register (But only from 30 min prior to start time)
thats a quik compromise on short notice.

If you guys like it, keep this thread going. it's the only way more draft enthusiasts will be exposed.

Added early afternoon times on (mon & wed) for the euros. I think that will be early evening for you. check it - I can modify - let me know what times/days work best and I will continue to modify

I also modified the ticker times for selecting
1st rd = 3 min, 2nd rd = 2 min, 3rd rd = 1 1/2 min
4th rd = 1 min 5th-7th= 1/2 min (more time to work out trades)

thnks
Just subscribed. The support you put into it is worth the money. Thanks for providing people with this awesome tool/app to grow with the game and prospects.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
That was a good draft. I wish the trade gadget was bigger, it's difficult to read the picks. It would also be good to have an "other" option if you wanted to follow along in the real draft and the pick were traded for a player, you could make that happen. Man, I hope this thing takes off. I think the scouting services that try to sell their work are nuts if they don't pair up with something like this. I've run this program hundreds of times. I feel like I know this draft year better than any one I recall in recent memory. I guess we will see how I do on draft day.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Ah, I found it. I was looking for this site since I enjoyed it last year but I couldn't remember the name of it. Nice to see you do it again with some new features. Great work on your part. Now time for the Pens to move into the first round. lol

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Ah, I found it. I was looking for this site since I enjoyed it last year but I couldn't remember the name of it. Nice to see you do it again with some new features. Great work on your part. Now time for the Pens to move into the first round. lol

Sure would be nice to see more fans joining. AT HALF PRICE now. Really encourage any that have not tried group draft to do so, even guests can join (as long as it's within 30 min of start time)

Reactions: TNT87 and uncleben

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Lets get some new guys drafting tonight in the group draft. members or guests.

For guests wait till 8:00 eastern. pick your team and follow the instructions. It's just like doing a simulation except you have to wait your turn and get you pick in before the ticker runs out.

also, trade proposals must be accepted by the other team's rep. It's as realistic as it can possibly be. You wont know until you try

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I had a lot of fun.

3. Hughes
35.Dellandrea
38. Merkley
56.Hallander
62.Wise
66.Lauko
97.Morozov
102.Iskhakov
121.Ragnarsson
126.Topping

i'm not an expert but I think I did pretty well. I decline all trade proposal.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
cant explain that. btw Svechnikov amazingly fell to the Habs in tonights group draft
System's randomicity makes for some interesting picks sometimes... (does the site's draft list get updated periodically because it picks some pretty off the board picks, when big names are sitting there) but as acting Habs GM I was pretty happy about that one :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad