Draftwired (NHL) is now 'live'

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Yes as far as the random factor. I periodically tweak the algorithm but overall I'm happy with it. When someone like Svechnikov falls past 2 it makes me cringe a little but I know that that's the trade off for having it be somewhat unpredictable yet reasonable (somewhere in between). The best thing I like about the algorithm is that (as in real drafts) 2-3 prospects always seem to fall significantly lower than projections. And it's always someone different.

I'm glad the app is providing a lot of fans some enjoyment or at least a distraction from all the serious bullshit we have going on in the world today. Like wars and rumors of wars and the sick and twisted treasonous elites .......

Last edited:

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I joined the live mock as a guest. First timer.

Love this program by the way, it's not perfect but it's loads of fun and makes me feel optimistic about the Habs chances in the draft haha

I really think a lot of draft fans are missing out on the best of draftwired by not trying out the group draft. Anyone with ideas on how it can be even more realistic please chime in

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Ok guys. The app is opened up to guests (in full) no restrictions from now thru to the draft.
Have fun!

I had hoped I'd get more financial support (memberships) but I do thank all of you that did join. I only lost about $300 this year in costs. I'll be contemplating about coming back again next year.
It's too bad that the folks who run this site (HF) are detached from the company that handles their advertising. I was promised by someone back in March that I'd be given a banner ad space for a modest fee. Then it was handed off to some jackass who wouldn't respond to me. After 3 weeks I gave up and sent him one last email in which I voiced my displeasure. Withing 15 minutes he got back to me - just to get into a pissing contest. I gave up.

Last edited:

Led Tasso

Jun 2, 2016
I really think a lot of draft fans are missing out on the best of draftwired by not trying out the group draft. Anyone with ideas on how it can be even more realistic please chime in
I admit openly that I do not know how much goes in to what you do, but would it ever be possible to include current roster players for trades or is that too much? Just a thought given the amount of trades for players and picks. Either way I will continue to be a paying member as I like the site still.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
There's so many variables that go into determining the value of a experienced player.
Talent, stats, advanced stats, contract status etc etc
If someone has a formula that can place a value on players......
it would have to be a value table that equates any player to draft pick worth
if that exists - this could be done, I'm a little skeptical but...

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I tried to send you some messages on the feedback button but I don't know if you got them. Today, when I run the simulations, when I select, several picks are going by in some cases even skipping over my selection.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
When I run the one team simulation with the medium level of predictability, if I do each teams selection one at a time, the computer is sliding multiple picks through even though I have only clicked the button once. At times when I have tried to jump straight to my teams selection, it has gotten skipped over and the computer auto selected for me.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Really? what you are describing is practically impossible. I wont say absolutely, but....
Only in a group draft can the system auto-select for 'your team'

If anyone else has had a similar experience I'd really like to hear it

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
When there is a hi number of simultaneous users and the server is processing a hi number of simultaneous requests (button clicks) there can small delays. It's called network latency

i've seen up to 40 simultaneous users. i suggest that when you notice that the app is not responding with it's normal speed to be patient. Only if after waiting several seconds and nothing occurs should you re-click the same button for the same desired result. most often the buffering will catch up and the screen will ultimately reflect the request.

hope that helps.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
When there is a hi number of simultaneous users and the server is processing a hi number of simultaneous requests (button clicks) there can small delays. It's called network latency

i've seen up to 40 simultaneous users. i suggest that when you notice that the app is not responding with it's normal speed to be patient. Only if after waiting several seconds and nothing occurs should you re-click the same button for the same desired result. most often the buffering will catch up and the screen will ultimately reflect the request.

hope that helps.
Thank you. I will try what you suggested. I am a big fan of your app and want to see it succeed!

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I expect extremely hi volume of users this week for obvious reasons. Additonally I opened it up to guests as well.
There isn't much I can do at this late stage to improve the performance with all the additional users/requests or button clicks. So to all users that might experience some latency issues - please know that if there was something I could do to improve it (without spending more money) I'd be all over it.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I just checked and at 3:05 there were 51 users on the system. that the most I've seen, yet I did a simulation and experienced no lagging or latency on my device. I expect that there are some users that do not have hi speed ISP. they will undoubtebly be impacted more.

I may interrupt services in a little while and restart the server. often times that improves things. So if you get knocked off - it shouldnt be down for more than 12-15 minutes or so. I'm thinking around 4:30 eastern time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->