Draftwired (NHL) is now 'live'

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL

Year 2 has been launched. Free trials available
For those of you that missed draftwired’s debut last year, Draftwired is a interactive draft app that features a draft simulator. If you are an armchair GM, I think you'll enoy it.

For those who used it last year, I think you’ll appreciate the upgrades. This year I have (8) different ranking lists (I keep them updated) CSS, McKeens, ISS, McKenzie, Button, hockeyprospect, futureconsiderations, theHockeyWriters and thedraftanalyst. The draftwired default ranking is a composite ranking generated from the 8 scouting services. If you are knowledgable about the prospects I also have implemented a quick and easy to use program to create and maintain your own personal rankings, which can then be used during draft simulations.

P.S. Draftwired runs on all devices except ‘smart’ phones. Ipads need to be in landscape orientation. Please don’t be annoyed by the page loading when you connect (20 seconds or less) on the average device.

Last edited:

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Had myself a nice little draft for the Canadiens

Mj0I4FE.png

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Didn't sign up, just did the 3 rounds, but the Flyers got Rasmussen at 44! (Not very realistic).

2nd - Patrick, Nolan
44th - Rasmussen, Micheal
75th - Ratcliffe, Isaac
80th - Ruzicka, Adam

EDIT: Ran it 7 times, 44th overall player selected (none are really realistic):

Rasmussen, Suzucki, Thomas, Thomas, Poehling, Suzucki, Suzucki

Decently designed app though.

Last edited:

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Didn't sign up, just did the 3 rounds, but the Flyers got Rasmussen at 44! (Not very realistic).

2nd - Patrick, Nolan
44th - Rasmussen, Micheal
75th - Ratcliffe, Isaac
80th - Ruzicka, Adam

If that was our draft I'd be ecstatic.

Ratcliffe @75 loool

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Ughh very unrealistic, had the Leafs 17 pick traded it for the 20th pick and 51 and already having the 50th as well

17: Ryan Poehling
50: Nick Suzuki
51: Conor Timmins

Would not mind at all though.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
It seems unbalanced with some unexpected top picks, but nice work on the simulator, it's fun.

A few simulations of the first three rounds for me...
Vegas: Vilardi, Poehling, Fleury.
Columbus: Andersson, Bowers, Oettinger.
San Jose: Makar, Safin.
Tampa Bay: Tippett, Jokiharju, Heponiemi, Timmins.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Fun little simulator but yeah, if the habs pulled off the draft that I just did I'd be one happy camper :laugh:

25.) Nick Suzuki
54.) Connor Timmins
58.) Josh Norris
85.) Jesper Boqvist

edit: yeah something's ****ed with the rankings. Just picked up Cale Makar with 25 and Jake Oettinger with the 85th. It's a fun tool but it should draft more competitively.

Last edited:

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
My initial feedback without visiting the site is that it would be great if you could describe what the site is rather than providing instructions on how to log-in :).

I feel that the UX of a site should hopefully be strong enough so that users are able to figure out how to register or log-in without needing you to provide instructions on your post.

Also, asking first-time users to register to use the service may not be ideal unless you can provide a clear motivation why it is worth their time.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
a few replies

obviously I cant respond to all.
Relax with the rankings, I am using the rnkgs from TheDraftAnalyst.

I dont pretend to know who's over or under ranked. It's year 1 and I'm just starting this gig. As I confess I personally don't and have not followed the prospect pool like many of you. If anyone wants to send me a better 1-400 rankings I'd be happy to talk to you privately and if you're into it, I'll work with you.

as for those who don't like the fact that you need to sign up to get the full pkg.
It's completely based on the software design. I create personal files with your username as a sufix and its as simple as that. if thats a problem, then find a better app.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
My initial feedback without visiting the site is that it would be great if you could describe what the site is rather than providing instructions on how to log-in :).

I feel that the UX of a site should hopefully be strong enough so that users are able to figure out how to register or log-in without needing you to provide instructions on your post. <<< I did it for the benefit of those who might need help, geez >>>

Also, asking first-time users to register to use the service may not be ideal unless you can provide a clear motivation why it is worth their time.
Holy ****, it's fricking free what else do you want

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
The Group Draft

Bare in mind, 1st of all I put this out without benefit of any beta testing. I'm very confident that NO issues will occur.

the group draft is the main feature and the one I put the most work into. I hope to see some drafters tonight

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Fun little simulator but yeah, if the habs pulled off the draft that I just did I'd be one happy camper :laugh:

25.) Nick Suzuki
54.) Connor Timmins
58.) Josh Norris
85.) Jesper Boqvist

edit: yeah something's ****ed with the rankings. Just picked up Cale Makar with 25 and Jake Oettinger with the 85th. It's a fun tool but it should draft more competitively.

they are from thedraftanalyst. find me a better source instead of complaining

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Not a bad sim, I really dislike the buttons to 'scroll' through the boxes. Would much rather have scroll bars on a non-mobile screen.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Fun idea, but rankings aren't great. Got Strome at #82 and Oettinger at #84 hehe.

If I were you I'd use a consensus from all the top lists like HockeyProspect, Future Considerations, McKeens, ISS, Craig Button and Bob McKenzie.

FC's top100 is a good start/resource anyway and should make your simulator a ltitle more accurate: https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings/

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Mobile devices (no)

I completely forgot about explaining that this app will not run on mobiles. I don't apologize, that's just the way it is and was meant to be.

there was also a small gliche if you connected with a mobile device that I have fixed. Now you will simply get a message that
you need a bigger screen

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Not a bad sim, I really dislike the buttons to 'scroll' through the boxes. Would much rather have scroll bars on a non-mobile screen.

thats a personal thing with me. It's actually much easier programatically to use scroll bars. I hate scroll bars. I like the navigation buttons much better. Personal preference, you'll get used to it, trust me

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Fun idea, but rankings aren't great. Got Strome at #82 and Oettinger at #84 hehe.

If I were you I'd use a consensus from all the top lists like HockeyProspect, Future Considerations, McKeens, ISS, Craig Button and Bob McKenzie.

FC's top100 is a good start/resource anyway and should make your simulator a ltitle more accurate: https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings/

I reiterate, I had a ton to do to get this out this year. all the rankings you mentioned are great and next year I hope to have multiple choices. the biggest problem with most of them is that they only give you their top 31 or sometimes top 100. I need a minimum of 300 for this to work right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad