OT: Draft Tickets

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hey everyone!

I'm planning on taking a trip down to South Florida this summer with a few buddies of mine for the NHL draft.

I went to the draft here in Toronto in 2002 and tickets were as easy as just calling up the box office and requesting them. I just went to the Cats website and it has them basically available as a form you request, and basically if you get them, you get them, if you don't, you don't.

Well my friends and I are planning this trip down to FLA around this draft (wanna go on a cruise after). If there is ANYONE who can help me get in contact with a Panthers ticket rep, or if anyone had a few tickets they know they can give away, or anything really, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

As many of you know, I am a long time fan of this team and have supported them for over 2 decades now. Would love for some of that love to be resiprocated back from the franchise if they could.

Any help would be huge, thanks everyone and I hope you're digging this year's playoffs (we'll be in the next season, trust me).

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
All I've heard is that Season Seat Owners will get first priority and then the general public, but no other details have really surfaced.

In 2001, it was literally first-come, first-serve and you could sit wherever you wanted. I'd imagine here, they'd mail everyone who filled out the form assigned seats, but it would be nice to know what to expect.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm glad you asked this OP! Good timing. It just occurred to me today that I will be in Orlando the week leading up to draft weekend and in my quest to hit up all 30 NHL stadiums, I can use this opportunity to scratch Sunrise off the list.

I'm not on twitter, but who is this "Cifu" you are referring to?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm glad you asked this OP! Good timing. It just occurred to me today that I will be in Orlando the week leading up to draft weekend and in my quest to hit up all 30 NHL stadiums, I can use this opportunity to scratch Sunrise off the list.

Part of the Panthers ownership group. I dont know if he will be as willing to help not Panther fans? haha

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN

He's one of our owners. He's been a big help to a few people on social media who were travelling to games.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014

Just in case you don't know (I've had this happen before with out of towners) Orlando to Sunrise is a good 3 hour drive.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
tried reaching out to Doug Cifu on Twitter with no luck.

If anyone else can help out I would really appreciate it. I wouldn't want to leave me getting tickets up to chance.

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
I spoke to my rep about a week ago regarding getting extra tickets. I was told that they were waiting to hear from the NHL about the teams allotment of tickets. It sounded to me like they still don't know exactly what is going on.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I spoke to my rep about a week ago regarding getting extra tickets. I was told that they were waiting to hear from the NHL about the teams allotment of tickets. It sounded to me like they still don't know exactly what is going on.

Yah, it sure seems that way.

Like I said, when I went to the draft here in Toronto (granted it was back in 2002), I was able to just call the ACC's box office and request tickets free of charge.

Free of charge isn't a big deal to, I'm cool with paying, but I just want to lock in those tickets before my friends and I start booking flights/hotels.

If there are ANY season seat holders who are willing to part with their tickets or have extras somehow I would be FOREVER grateful. :)

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Hey everyone!

I'm planning on taking a trip down to South Florida this summer with a few buddies of mine for the NHL draft.

I went to the draft here in Toronto in 2002 and tickets were as easy as just calling up the box office and requesting them. I just went to the Cats website and it has them basically available as a form you request, and basically if you get them, you get them, if you don't, you don't.

Well my friends and I are planning this trip down to FLA around this draft (wanna go on a cruise after). If there is ANYONE who can help me get in contact with a Panthers ticket rep, or if anyone had a few tickets they know they can give away, or anything really, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

As many of you know, I am a long time fan of this team and have supported them for over 2 decades now. Would love for some of that love to be resiprocated back from the franchise if they could.

Any help would be huge, thanks everyone and I hope you're digging this year's playoffs (we'll be in the next season, trust me).

Where is this form that I have to request? I don't see it on the Panthers web site.

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
When will we know if we've been chosen to receive the tickets and how many are they giving out? If we aren't chosen, is there any way to get them on ebay or stubhub?

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Yah this is pretty bush league by the team. I am trying to lock in 4 tickets for this draft and am basically at their mercy at this point.

Anyone have a Panthers PR team I can e-mail or something?

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Welp, I filled out that form a while back... gonna go ahead and do that again. I wish they would release some information on this.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
It's confusing to me, too. I'm hoping to go, though I'm wondering how much it's worth going or not? I didn't get to go in 2001. Is it fun, boring, etc? I watch it on TV of course each year and it's interesting to an extent. I feel that only the first night for round 1 would be worth going to.

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
I talked to someone from the organization. He said season seat owners should get 2 per seat, but they are in limbo right now since the NHL won't give them any info on tickets.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I talked to someone from the organization. He said season seat owners should get 2 per seat, but they are in limbo right now since the NHL won't give them any info on tickets.

Wow that's really annoying. Why is it so hard to get seat information?

And correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't found much about this, but the Friday night 1st round goes from like 7pm to 10pm right?

Would anyone say that the 2nd day is worth going to for the other rounds? I'll be honest, I probably won't know much about who we even wind up drafting but the 1st round is always the best, with the atmosphere and possibility of trades, especially in our arena.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Wow that's really annoying. Why is it so hard to get seat information?

And correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't found much about this, but the Friday night 1st round goes from like 7pm to 10pm right?

Would anyone say that the 2nd day is worth going to for the other rounds? I'll be honest, I probably won't know much about who we even wind up drafting but the 1st round is always the best, with the atmosphere and possibility of trades, especially in our arena.

The first round has been scheduled that way for the last few years so I assume it will stay that way.

The second round and on on Saturday isn't really worth it unless you are a HUGE fan of prospects. All selections are done from the team's table and there are no "extravagant" presentations on the stage or anything so it's entirely up to you but I am a huge hockey fan and will still not be attending Saturday and hope to get to Friday at least!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad