OT: Draft Tickets

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Fanfest begins at 2pm on June 26th right outside the front doors to the arena. You can probably expect music, NHL 15 consoles set up, street hockey areas, etc. Last time we had a fan fest was the 2003 all star game and that was actually inside the arena I believe. They said autograph sessions are TBA so no details there yet.

Here's the site with all of the info released so far: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=105747

Cool cool thanks a lot. What about restaurants/bars around the arena or city?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

There's a really good barbecue joint in Fort Lauderdale called Blue Willy's. Also a place called La Crepe down the road from Blue Willy's that has crepes and sandwiches that are delicious. Those were probably my favorite places to eat while I lived there. There's also a place called Whale's Rib in Deerfield Beach that's has good seafood and a place called Sushi Rock in downtown Fort Lauderdale that has some really good sushi.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Honestly not too familiar with the city as I don't live in Sunrise, but there is a mall within walking distance from the arena (literally right across the street) and it's an outlet mall. There's California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe...there's a Friday's nearby which has a bar.

Here's a good site for seeing nearby stuff:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g34667-d3838700-BB_T_Center-Sunrise_Florida.html

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I have a soft spot for the Knife. it is an Argentinian Churrascaria. instead of waiters walking to around with meat, you can go up to the BBQ Grill and pick and choose what you want.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Honestly not too familiar with the city as I don't live in Sunrise, but there is a mall within walking distance from the arena (literally right across the street) and it's an outlet mall. There's California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe...there's a Friday's nearby which has a bar.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g34667-d3838700-BB_T_Center-Sunrise_Florida.html

I have a soft spot for the Knife. it is an Argentinian Churrascaria. instead of waiters walking to around with meat, you can go up to the BBQ Grill and pick and choose what you want.

Perfect thanks a lot guys! Can't wait to get down there!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Out of curiosity, is it kosher to park at the mall and walk across to the arena? I was likely going to waste the early afternoon there (shopping/eating/maybe a movie) before doing the Draft.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

I love a good pig out fest, but the knife uses such low quality meat. can't bring myself to eat there anymore

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
During the draft though? I know it's done during the season, but I'm not sure about sneaking down at the draft

Yah I know some people that have done it but the chances are probably slim. Maybe they did it on day 2 I'm not sure.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Yah I know some people that have done it but the chances are probably slim. Maybe they did it on day 2 I'm not sure.

My buddy and I were able to sneak through on Day 1 in 2011. Depends on how attentive the ushers are. One usher wouldn't let us in, so we went to the next section and that usher was distracted. In 2010, my buddy has a lower level seat as a STH but I only had GA. So I followed him in while carrying a bunch of food and used the "go ahead check his ticket, I'm with him, please don't ask me to put down everything to show my ticket" trick. They'll likely be watching more closely around the players' sections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad