Prospect Info: Draft Thread | How Far Would You Trade Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Button's right in that whatever the Oilers do at 4 is irrelevant without taking into consideration the sort of deals they make via trades and/or free agency.

Will be hard to judge how the pick is used until we see what other parts move around.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Oh there's a team option. Fun!

45fYF3a.gif

fOcHs7s.png

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So someone asked Button why he had Chychrun so low.

He said he's an elite skater and a competitor, but lacks high-end offense and then compared him to Trevor Daley.

Kind of an odd comparison, to me.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Button's right in that whatever the Oilers do at 4 is irrelevant without taking into consideration the sort of deals they make via trades and/or free agency.

Will be hard to judge how the pick is used until we see what other parts move around.

I don't think I agree with him, personally. Judging the team, sure, but the pick is the pick, and once it's made, I'm not sure I see how it would be judged differently depending on what the team does.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So someone asked Button why he had Chychrun so low.

He said he's an elite skater and a competitor, but lacks high-end offense and then compared him to Trevor Daley.

Kind of an odd comparison, to me.

Reminds me a lot of Bogosian...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One of the things I noticed with Chychrun when I watch him play, and this was especially prominent at the U18s is he makes some absolutely boneheaded plays at least once or more a game.

He takes lots of risks to move the puck up the ice that lead to some beautiful passes, but the flip side is they are high risk plays that also result in awful turnovers usually leading to odd man rushes the other way.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
One of the things I noticed with Chychrun when I watch him play, and this was especially prominent at the U18s is he makes some absolutely boneheaded plays at least once or more a game.

He takes lots of risks to move the puck up the ice that lead to some beautiful passes, but the flip side is they are high risk plays that also result in awful turnovers usually leading to odd man rushes the other way.

So pretty much a Justin Schultz then?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
So Max Jones is the most likely to be available at #3?

Way to go, dumb graph.

First of all, it is pick 4. And the graph is suggesting that of all the players on that list, he would be the one we most likely wouldn't have to worry about being taken before our pick should be stupid enough to want to draft him at 4.

That said, over 40% chance Laine is still there at 4... okay...

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
First of all, it is pick 4. And the graph is suggesting that of all the players on that list, he would be the one we most likely wouldn't have to worry about being taken before our pick should be stupid enough to want to draft him at 4.

That said, over 40% chance Laine is still there at 4... okay...

I'd be interested to know how they came up with there percentages?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
If GM's are giving Chia same garbage offers that fans on this board are giving, he should just keep pick.

Haven't you heard? The Oilers have to trade the pick. If they keep it and draft the likely 4th ranked player(a forward) that is just proof that they will never learn and will be the worst team forever.

These are things I wouldn't know if I didn't read the main boards on occasion.

:sarcasm:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Haven't you heard? The Oilers have to trade the pick. If they keep it and draft the likely 4th ranked player(a forward) that is just proof that they will never learn and will be the worst team forever.

These are things I wouldn't know if I didn't read the main boards on occasion.

:sarcasm:

Reason #1 I could never be a mod. I would have to work so hard not to banhammer every mouthbreather saying idiot things like that.

Hurrrr Oilers took Tkachuk durrrr stupid Coilers shuda traded it for my favorite team's 2nd pairing defenceman + 2nd rounder + C prospect.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
As a fan base whom of Tkachuk or Dubois are you guys leaning towards? We are happy with whatever is leftover is our general consensus.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
As a fan base whom of Tkachuk or Dubois are you guys leaning towards? We are happy with whatever is leftover is our general consensus.

I don't think there's too many people leaning either way.

Seems like almost everyone would be happy with one or the other.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
How do you guys think Tkachuk/Dubois compare to Draisaitl in his draft year? Just thinking how this pick stacks up to the 2014 #4.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

my own take would be;

Tkachuk is a good pick to be "someone's" linemate....either nuge/mcd/drai.....but we have hall as well. I'd say he is a perfect fit for McDavid but in saying that I kind of write off Hall....which I'm not sure is smart. Still Tkachuk is a complimentary guy who could really be a good piece to round out the top 6.

Dubois, IMO, is more complete and may be ready to play 3rd line in a big role next year. He might be more of a possession player and driver than Tkachuk and you might not have to worry about lining him up with a centerman he meshes with or what not. He can play all positions too.....so it's potentially a more manageable and more immediate upgrade.

There are still a lot of other options to trade down or out of the 1st round. I lean towards this camp because we added Caggiula and I think Nuge/Drai can be moved to wing. It really depends on who's willing to trade what for tkachuk/dubois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille