GDT: Draft Lottery

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Getting Reinhart and ROR would save this team next year and beyond. Just make it happen. Price be damned.
A big trade would at least generate some publicity. Make the franchise look dynamic, even if it's still going to be a village bicycle for another year.

Or the owners could just torch the whole thing and spin 15-16 as a Fresh Start. That would be fun to watch. The torching, anyway.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Getting Reinhart and ROR would save this team next year and beyond. Just make it happen. Price be damned.

Reinhart I'm fully on board for. I don't want a contractual nightmare like ROR though, and I bet Maloney doesn't either.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I know this is probably no consolation to you guys, but you you have a whole legion of NHL fans behind you. What a cruel joke for Arizona to come out of this outside the top 2. Personally, I hope the Coyotes either trade up or trade down to draft Strome or Marner.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Everyone send DM an email thanking him for signing Dave Moss, who was instrumental in our fight to not get to draft a generational prospect

What's the address?

Mark my words, we WILL be last place next year. We will also pick 4th because Edmonton. **** those ****ing ****s I'm so ****ing mad right now.

I've never truly known what it felt like to ACTUALLY have no hope until tonight. We are beyond screwed and there is NOTHING we can do.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
A big trade would at least generate some publicity. Make the franchise look dynamic, even if it's still going to be a village bicycle for another year.

Or the owners could just torch the whole thing and spin 15-16 as a Fresh Start. That would be fun to watch. The torching, anyway.

This is why (aside from naturally using optimism) I have some optimism. They have said we will be middle of the pack in spending, and that means we have to start effing spending.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The cupboard is bare for trading unless someone is suggesting we trade the future??? Can't see how that leads to a happy ending.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The cupboard is bare for trading unless someone is suggesting we trade the future??? Can't see how that leads to a happy ending.

OEL is the only thing strapped to the floor. Everything else can go in the name of getting two top 6 centers.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
I can't believe this happened to us. When he turned over the Leafs card and there was still no winner, I actually felt confident. No way the Edmonton Oilers, of all teams would win AGAIN. They literally changed how the lottery works because they kept getting 1's.

Then that God Damned golden Oilers card. I'm still shocked.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
The market for a perennial Hart contender like David Moss should be positively booming.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Off the present Coyote's roster who would suggest you could actually package to get any 2 decent NHL centers?
OEL is the only thing strapped to the floor. Everything else can go in the name of getting two top 6 centers.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Reinhart I'm fully on board for. I don't want a contractual nightmare like ROR though, and I bet Maloney doesn't either.

Fair enough, but we have to reach the floor next year, and I would be happier giving ROR what he wanted than paying that equivalent money to any combination of the players on this year's roster not named OEL

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Maloney doesn't have the genital fortitude to trade a top 3 pick. Should he? Absolutely. Move the pick and whatever else and get this team a prime or young number one center. We need to be a good team right now, not in 3 years.

He should move the pick, but he won't. We are categorically ****ed.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I would say **** it, let's tank so hard next year that it's embarrassing, and get #1 or #2 overall, but then I realize we can't do that because of the very clowns who just ruined us.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
zOVfzWn.gif

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
<insert stupid ****ing low effort Dave Moss joke here>

Now where were we...oh yeah...the hockey gods proving they're either cruel beyond our wildest dreams or they don't exist whatsoever.

Hail satan!

**** I'm mad.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Off the present Coyote's roster who would suggest you could actually package to get any 2 decent NHL centers?

Hanzal, Boedker, Gormley, Stone, Moore. Trade return for Tippett, Doan, all the futures the Coyotes have (6 picks in the first 3 rounds), including 3rd overall.

3rd OA+ for Reinhart

Hawks pick+ for ROR

If you leave the kids out of it, there's probably no proposal that's fair that would make me uneasy or say no. I literally do not give a **** about the current roster beyond OEL and maybe Murphy. I would make offers those teams couldn't refuse if I was GM, because getting not one but two strong, young top 6 centers in an offseason is exactly what this team needs to do.

Faschinating

Apr 9, 2015
NC
Sorry guys. Genuinely feel bad. Going into tonight, I really just wanted to see Buffalo and Arizona hold onto 1 and 2 - no matter the order

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The franchise can't afford to tank again. I'm sure IA and Barroway have their hands hovering over the outclause button as it is. They have to make some god damn money, and McEichel would have gone a long way towards that. Instead, DM is going to have to grow some balls and trade the pick. If he doesn't, RIP.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I was already fond of this idea before the lottery, but now more than ever I really want to trade our first round pick plus whatever we need to add (within reason) to get Reinhart.

What would we have to add? Chicago's first? Too much? Too little?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00