GDT: Draft Lottery

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
7P. COYOTES (24-50-8) vs FATE (82-0-0)
Game 1 @ The League Office, New York City
Our destiny is determined Saturday 18 April @ 5:00 PM AZ Time

Today is the day. After a horri-bad year of grinding and scrapping, everything can change in a minute in New York City. In that spirit, I present four songs, each set in / referencing the Big Apple, and each which could sum up our feelings for the day. PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!!!

The first is Don Henley's "New York Minute," a cautionary tale of how one's entire life can unravel ... in a New York Minute, everything can chaaaange …

Note: this is just a crappy cover because the Eagles are dickheads and you can't find any of their music on youtube. Srsly, screw the Eagles.

But I'm ck26 and 1970's soft rock isn't really my thing, so next up is French Montana, who stole that hook and used it in a song about ... well ... yeah, this song isn't about anything. Catchy tho. NSFW.

Next we'll step into the time machine and meet up with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, rapping about the proverbial struggle, something most Coyotes fans are intimately familiar with.

"My brother's doing bad, stole my mother's TV, says she watches too much it's just not healthy
All My Children in the daytime and Dallas at night, can't even see the game or the Sugar Ray fight,
The bill collectors, they ring my phone, and scare my wife when I'm not home
Got a bum education, double-digit inflation can't take the train to the job there's a strike at the station ...

Last candidate is a deeper cut called "King Of New York" from Dan The Automator ... you'll hear Kool Keith grinding out a living in less-than-totally-legal-ways, something that I'd be more than happy for Uncle Gary to help us out with this weekend ...

"It took a mastermind to put together operations, I started out recruiting at the Greyhound bus station …"

Bps21*

I'd like to win the lottery, but I'll cheer like a mad man if Buffalo does.

Many of us in Buffalo are pulling for you guys if it's not us. Only our two teams and fans know what that last six weeks or so was like to go through.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
COYOTES (24-50-8) vs FATE (82-0-0)
I literally started laughing out loud when I read this part! :biglaugh:

Hilarious and sadly very accurate. Oh and the only real answer here is Grandmaster Flash by a ****ing landslide!

"Don't push me...cause, I'm close to.. the.. edge"

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
It's all McDavid, baby. The kids never been to AZ, so what better time to change that.

Seriously, I'm not worried about this at all. 100% sure we'll pick top 2, and if we fall out, well.. I think I'd prefer Seattle than Quebec :sarcasm:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I thought it was before the game, so I'd assume it would be on NBC at 5pm our time yeah?

In coordination with the League, the results of the NHL Draft Lottery will be revealed in a live television broadcast on CBC and TVA in Canada and on NBC in the U.S. Saturday night at 8 p.m. ET, leading up to the networks' broadcast of Game 2 of the First Round series between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins.

My math agrees with yours.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
For the first time in Coyotes HF history, we all agree something: Who to pick if we get the first or second pick in this draft:) Kind of funny...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
"With the 183rd pick in the draft, the Coyotes are pleased to select, Auston Matthews"

Would be great if the Coyotes tried to find a loophole and argued that he's eligible, like Florida did with Ovechkin.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
It's being held in Toronto, not NY.
Haha, epic failure there ...

Sport: Ice hockey
Founded: November 26, 1917 (97 years),
Commissioner: Gary Bettman
Inaugural season: 1917–18
No. of teams: 30
Countries: Canada (7 teams), United States (23 teams)
Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hockey_League
I vote for the Sinatra song that was mistakenly left out.
That wasn't a mistake. That song is almost as bad as this season and almost as overrated as ... no, on second thought, that song is worse than this season. Four years from now, when we're all at a June parade, we will have forgotten about our time with Craig Cunningham and captain Chipchura, but that song will still be out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad