GDT: Draft Lottery

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Not to diminish from his disappointment, but I absolutely do. I have had the good fortune of watching this fortune be **** on from above on a semi-annual basis for nearly forty years. He suffered a moment of disappointment, and he's going to be rich. **** him.

I was speaking in jest, but yea I get it.

Desertdog214

Feb 18, 2009
AZ
As a fan of this franchise since they started in 1972, I think this is the saddest "dirty trick" that was ever pulled in this league. Change for change sakes? [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We're nothing more than a place keeper for the NHL. They want us marginally viable. Nothing more.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
You guys got ****ed. It makes me sick to see the Oilers get the #1 yet again. The lottery system is broken. I wanted to see you or Carolina get rewarded. :(

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
If this is the case, then I don't like the long term chances of the Yotes staying in the desert.

I will say it again: as of right now,

We NEED Austin Matthews......... for the purposes of survival.

We won't get him. Our franchise has garbage luck and even if we were the worst team in the league we would draft third under the new lottery.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm sure I'll feel a lot better about this when McDavid leaves Edmonton as a free agent.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Everyone send DM an email thanking him for signing Dave Moss, who was instrumental in our fight to not get to draft a generational prospect

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
DM needs to trade the pick. Strome and Marner won't see NHL ice for a year or two, or make that several years with Tippett at the helm. Going through with it and picking Hanifin would literally be the most comical suicide in history. Trade the pick for an NHL ready C, or it's sipping latte's in Seattle. Literally cannot afford to tank another season.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The Royal Half ‏@theroyalhalf

I’m not saying he doesn’t want to play in Edmonton but Connor McDavid just hired Eric Lindros’ dad as his agent.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't consider this Franchise the old Winnipeg. They have a team. They should have their history.

It's not that I want them to have their history. I don't give a rat's ass what they have. There's been enough acrimony regarding Winnipeg and I'd just as soon forget that they exist when we don't play each other. It's that I don't want US to carry Winnipeg's history.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Getting Reinhart and ROR would save this team next year and beyond. Just make it happen. Price be damned.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It's not that I want them to have their history. I don't give a rat's ass what they have. There's been enough acrimony regarding Winnipeg and I'd just as soon forget that they exist when we don't play each other. It's that I don't want US to carry Winnipeg's history.

We are of the same opinion in that regard. This franchise started when they became the Coyotes as far as I'm concerned.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I've only put up with this crap for 20 years. Can't imagine what 40 would be like.

Were you in diapers when you stated watching the Coyotes? I'm not trying to be a smart---, just wondering, as I thought you were a student.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
It hasn't moved yet because they were waiting for a major shot in the arm to make the local market worthwhile. McDavid or Eichel could have not only been a huge boost on ice next year but likely would have sold a couple thousand season tickets all on their own.

Marner or whomever just becomes another player in the system for a team that's not going to be ****** enough to pick Matthews and not good enough to make the playoffs. You know what those teams do? They lose a ton of money in weak markets. That's us. The writing is on the wall.

Sounds about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad