GDT: Draft Day Bonanza - All rumors/speculation/draft talk here ( Poll Added!)

Who do we take with the 9th OV tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Frankly, once the draft is over, this is the only way to do it, as far as I’m concerned.

Everything else is just blather.
I agree 100%

When it comes to Pronman, I think his methods are very good and his research is very good too - I think that some of his analysis when it comes to the particulars of players (especially after they are drafted) can be quite lacking; but I think his objective view of the bigger picture when it comes to the draft and team results (as well as his ability to not assign outright bs statements like how terrible certain teams' drafts were the next day) is very good.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I would venture to say that some of their perceived success is due to the turn over. They had to keep it simple and likely drafted close to the consensus because the lack of trust and intimate knowledge with each other. Their draft closely resembled what people expected, hence why people like their picks.

I'd like to remember this little factoid later. If they do well, it would be an interesting hypothesis that teams overthink the draft.

Of course, they had a lot of great prospects fall into their lap.

Lou said in an interview at the draft he had nothing to do with it. his teams in Jersey also had like a 7 year or something complete garbage run that made David Conte go from someone spoken in hushed tones to a joke.

no one actually knows anything.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
It's frightening to think that I don't trust this regime to take Hughes if we win the lottery next year. They'll probably have someone else higher on their board.

if they do, its because they get paid to do their jobs and they actually did them.

if they don't, they might not be doing their jobs, DUCY?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I wouldn't give Grabner more than 1 year. I don't think I would sign any of the FA available for more than 1 year to be honest. Maybe JVR if he would take a 3-4 year deal.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Grabner might have had a bad postseason, but we still have to bid against 31 teams for his services. If he blocked even a Lettieri I say it isn’t worth it.

I mean sure, kids and improving and all. but he's a legit top 9 player and Lettieri isn't even a guy who should be the 13th forward atm.

No one factors in org depth when doing their line projections, you need like 15-16 forwards and 10 defensemen in a given year. I don't want Lettieri as my 9th guy, thats a disaster.

Reactions: pld459666

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
if this is what happens to this place after one HALF YEAR of rebuilding after like ten straight years of being competitive we're gonna need some netting for the building.

what is this woe is me **** lol
Facts are we have been spoiled with consistently good hockey for awhile now. If we don't make the playoffs for another 2 seasons or so, heads are going to roll. Lol

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I see us drafting around the same spot again next year. I also expect to have a 2nd 1st rounder from a deadline trade. Odds are Tampa doesn't win the cup. I think fair expectations for draft picks next year is another in the 9-12 range, another pick in the late 20s, 2 2nd rounders, and probably acquire an additional 3rd rounder.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I see us drafting around the same spot again next year. I also expect to have a 2nd 1st rounder from a deadline trade. Odds are Tampa doesn't win the cup. I think fair expectations for draft picks next year is another in the 9-12 range, another pick in the late 20s, 2 2nd rounders, and probably acquire an additional 3rd rounder.

Excellent. More opportunities to go off the board and pick the 8th best goalie in Europe. :towel:

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I mean sure, kids and improving and all. but he's a legit top 9 player and Lettieri isn't even a guy who should be the 13th forward atm.

No one factors in org depth when doing their line projections, you need like 15-16 forwards and 10 defensemen in a given year. I don't want Lettieri as my 9th guy, thats a disaster.
He spent some games on our third line last season and looked fine.

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Delusion lol

Even if you think we had a "bad" draft it is incomprehensible to think that a team like Calgary or Tampa had a better draft than ours. Unless you're making some argument about who you drafted relative to what picks you had, which just seems kind of silly.

That is exactly what it is about, you rate depending on who you take where and who else was available.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Any UFA names out there ? Guys they can sign and flip at the deadline ideally

A guy like Calvert, Komorov or Rousell ? Although they may get too much

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
What did he say wrong?

He praised Kravtsov and Lundkvist. He blasted the ridiculous move of giving away a 2nd rounder to move 4 spots then giving away another 2nd on a goalie. We completely blew the second round. And he didn’t even mention not finding a trade or 2 to add picks. we deserve an F

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Even if you think we had a "bad" draft it is incomprehensible to think that a team like Calgary or Tampa had a better draft than ours. Unless you're making some argument about who you drafted relative to what picks you had, which just seems kind of silly.
Exactly. Vitali Kravtsov is the wrong choice according Steve Kourniakos? In a few years he can be a star... who knows. Miller can be very good defender - SK wrote "don’t be surprised if a less-heralded kid like Miller has the best NHL career out of any from his defense corps". Lundkvist played against men....
I wanted Wahlstrom, but Kravtsov may be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad