Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Zegras is a good one, and more realistic pick seeing that we'll probably be drafting around 9 or 10.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
All these C's are nice and all but i'm still picking Byram 3rd if i have the chance.

And Lavoie isn't sniffing my top 10, he's #3 among these Q guys for me after Legaré and Pelletier.

not all in on byram at all and certainly not over the top 5 forwards in this draft.

dont disagree on lavoie. i have him as 4th or 5th on my top 5 draft targets. i absolutely take him mid 1st round. hell go top 15 no doubt. i think his upside is tremendous.

after hughes i have dylan cozens as the #1 guy to build around. love this kids overall skill set and hes absolutely my #1 choice - assuming we draft in the top 5. hoping he falls to us.

cozens blend of size and skating- kid has blazing speed and with that size, hes a handful.

hughes
kakko
podkolzin
byram
cozens

would be my hope for out first 1st rounder. if it goes like that and we have cozens there, you gotta grab him.

love newhook mid 1st as well. another excellent second 1st round choice.

after that art kaliyev and then lavoie.

cozens
newhook

cozens
kaliyev

if we come away with 2 of any of those 5 i would be very content.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Where we currently stand,
Krebs
Zegras
Turcotte
Newhook

Hitting the lottery for a 1-3 and then using accumulated picks to move up to get one of the aforementioned, would be amazing.

Hughes/Kakko/Podz + Krebs/Zegras/Turcotte/Newhook

I know it's fantasy land

Reactions: bl02

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think sakic wants to hold on to both first-round picks so he can get Byram with one of them. Just a guess.

Agreed. If he doesn't wind up getting #1 or #2 I'd be shocked if Byram wasn't his first pick. He can still get another good C with Colorado's pick assuming they don't have a miraculous push back into the playoffs.

Reactions: Sarge13

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I think im going to just stay focused on players I think might be there 10-15 range. Last year I had such high hopes on a lotto pick. I don’t want to expect that this time around. So…if it happens it’s Christmas in June!

Early favorites for that range are Krebs, Turcotte, Boldy, Zegras, York. Lots of hockey yet to watch before June.

Below are legitimate sources, rankings of draft eligibles from 10-15 position.

NA Central Scouting
10) Boldy
11) N Robertson
12) Krebs
13) Kaliyev
14) M Robertson
15) Harley

THN (Kennedy)
10) Zegras
11) Knight
12) Soderstrom
13) Caufield
14) Hoglander
15) York

Steve K
10) Krebs
11) Dach
12) Soderstrom
13) Lavoie
14) Hoglander
15) Suzuki

Redline Report Kyle Woodlief
10) Mironov
11) York
12) Suzuki
13) Robertson
14) Seider
15) Krebs

ISS
10) Newhook
11) Zegras
12) Robertson
13) Lavoie
14) Soderstrom
15) Turcotte

Dobber Prospects

10) Dach
11) Soderstrom
12) York
13) Broberg
14) Caufield
15) Brink

The Athletic (Pronman)
10) Turcotte
11) Broberg
12) Krebs
13) Robertson
14) Suzuki
15) Tomasino

McKeens
10) Zegras
11) Boldy
12) York
13) Turcotte
14) Lavoie
15) Newhook

Hockey Prospect
10) Knight
11) Byram
12) Seider
13) Soderstrom
14) Broberg
15) Brink

Future Considerations
10) Zegras
11) Lavoie
12) Suzuki
13) Soderstrom
14) York
15) Robertson

Sportsnet (Cosetino)
10) Lavoie
11) Kaliyev
12) York
13) Knight
14) Zegras
15) Caufield

TSN (Button
10)Byram
11) Pelletier
12) Nikolaev
13) Caufield
14) Lavoie
15) Knight

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I think im going to just stay focused on players I think might be there 10-15 range. Last year I had such high hopes on a lotto pick. I don’t want to expect that this time around. So…if it happens it’s Christmas in June!

Early favorites for that range are Krebs, Turcotte, Boldy, Zegras, York. Lots of hockey yet to watch before June.

Below are legitimate sources, rankings of draft eligibles from 10-15 position.

NA Central Scouting
10) Boldy
11) N Robertson
12) Krebs
13) Kaliyev
14) M Robertson
15) Harley

THN (Kennedy)
10) Zegras
11) Knight
12) Soderstrom
13) Caufield
14) Hoglander
15) York

Steve K
10) Krebs
11) Dach
12) Soderstrom
13) Lavoie
14) Hoglander
15) Suzuki

Redline Report Kyle Woodlief
10) Mironov
11) York
12) Suzuki
13) Robertson
14) Seider
15) Krebs

ISS
10) Newhook
11) Zegras
12) Robertson
13) Lavoie
14) Soderstrom
15) Turcotte

Dobber Prospects

10) Dach
11) Soderstrom
12) York
13) Broberg
14) Caufield
15) Brink

The Athletic (Pronman)
10) Turcotte
11) Broberg
12) Krebs
13) Robertson
14) Suzuki
15) Tomasino

McKeens
10) Zegras
11) Boldy
12) York
13) Turcotte
14) Lavoie
15) Newhook

Hockey Prospect
10) Knight
11) Byram
12) Seider
13) Soderstrom
14) Broberg
15) Brink

Future Considerations
10) Zegras
11) Lavoie
12) Suzuki
13) Soderstrom
14) York
15) Robertson

Sportsnet (Cosetino)
10) Lavoie
11) Kaliyev
12) York
13) Knight
14) Zegras
15) Caufield

TSN (Button
10)Byram
11) Pelletier
12) Nikolaev
13) Caufield
14) Lavoie
15) Knight

better to use 5-10 i believe

thats the range for us once we make the moves that are expected.

this team is going to struggle big time to score goals once 13 and 36 are gone.

still predicting we finish 5

Reactions: jas

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
There's four points separating 4 from 13, three points separating 5 from 13.

Hayes and Zucc haven't been traded.

Yeah, not really concerned.

Agree they are still close however. The rest of the bottom dwellers are all likely sellers as well.

Ott is as bad as it is now, what happens after Duchene, Stone or even Dzingle move?
Devils just unloaded Boyle. They are probably not done. Johannson, maybe Lovejoy as well.
Wings have Nyquist. Hes on TSN's top 10 list to be moved.
LA Sucks and is looking to move Kovalchuk. They are old as dirt that team, and looking to rebuild.
Anaheim is just in self-destruct mode. They are good on paper but on the ice they are as useless as tits on a bull.
Coyotes are perennial losers with 9 players on the IR. I don't see them resurrecting themselves.
Chicago i could see catching up to the Rangers after the deadline.
Doesn't matter where Edmonton finishes, they are the luckiest team in the history of the NHL with their Draft positions.
Florida can, and should leap frog the Rangers. Trochek is back. they have a game in Hand. Then again they are looking to sell on Brassard.
Colorado is a one trick pony that ran out of material after the MacKinnon/Bednar fight. Now they are looking to sell Barrie.
The Nucks are in the middle of their own rebuild.
Flyers went on an epic win streak. They are selling Simmonds out. Are they going to keep the W's once their Netminders...all 7 of them come back to reality?

Just not convinced the clubs below the Rangers are going to win more games going forward then the NYR's are. Even after the selloff.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
My guess is 10 wins with some shootout losses, 78 points?

I can't see us getting anything lower than eight or nine.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Agree they are still close however. The rest of the bottom dwellers are all likely sellers as well.

Ott is as bad as it is now, what happens after Duchene, Stone or even Dzingle move?
Devils just unloaded Boyle. They are probably not done. Johannson, maybe Lovejoy as well.
Wings have Nyquist. Hes on TSN's top 10 list to be moved.
LA Sucks and is looking to move Kovalchuk. They are old as dirt that team, and looking to rebuild.
Anaheim is just in self-destruct mode. They are good on paper but on the ice they are as useless as **** on a bull.
Coyotes are perennial losers with 9 players on the IR. I don't see them resurrecting themselves.
Chicago i could see catching up to the Rangers after the deadline.
Doesn't matter where Edmonton finishes, they are the luckiest team in the history of the NHL with their Draft positions.
Florida can, and should leap frog the Rangers. Trochek is back. they have a game in Hand. Then again they are looking to sell on Brassard.
Colorado is a one trick pony that ran out of material after the MacKinnon/Bednar fight. Now they are looking to sell Barrie.
The Nucks are in the middle of their own rebuild.
Flyers went on an epic win streak. They are selling Simmonds out. Are they going to keep the W's once their Netminders...all 7 of them come back to reality?

Just not convinced the clubs below the Rangers are going to win more games going forward then the NYR's are. Even after the selloff.

I don't see us catching the likes of Ottawa or New Jersey. But I think anyone after them is at least plausible.

Right now, you could argue that the Rangers are looking to move 2 of their 4 most dangerous skaters. That's a huge drop and something that not a lot of the other teams on the list are looking to do.

If anything, the Rangers are in a somewhat unique position as they suck, and yet still have major pieces (with value) that they're looking to trade.

Most of those other rosters are what they are, or at best, are looking to move players who aren't matching the game-to-game impact that Zucc or Hayes are having right now.

And that, probably more than games played or schedule, has the potential to be the biggest factor.

Reactions: Lion Hound

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Point on the side, if teams can pick Barzal or Pasta outside the top 10, so can we.

I won't need a top 5 pick. Obv, would be nice to have Kakko or Cozens, but we don't need that pick to find elite talent.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
My guess is 10 wins with some shootout losses, 78 points?

I can't see us getting anything lower than eight or nine.

I think everyone in the west is fair game, so I could see the Rangers as high as fourth. They’re about to move half of their reliable offensive players. I’ve given up on Ottawa, Detroit and NJ.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Byram and Zegras. Just figure it out, Jeff.
Man that would be nice. Unfortunately, that is Tantamount to us wanting both Dobson and Kravtsov last year. Its nearly impossibly acquiring another top 10ish pick. That's why i'm so envious of the Avs this year. they get to cash in on a certain top 3 pick and now they are dropping perfectly for another top 10 pick.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I agree with @Edge that once some guys get moved, this team will be plummeting a bit. But if they keep the pace of these continous OT games it does hurt the chance for a top 5 pick.

TBH, I’m okay with the compete level they’re showing, though. Helps lead to a winning culture with positive & progressive mindset. But it would be nice to bring in a superstar talent like Kakko or Hughes.

Or maybe they’re focused on that massive 2020 draft!! :popcorn:

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
How would you guys rank the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 drafts? What's setting them apart (or potentially setting them apart since one draft is 4 months away and the other over a year off)?

After reading these posts sounds like the 2017 was pretty bad. 2019 has more top end talent and depth than 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad