Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Samuel Fagemo with another goal last night, points in four straight now for a total of 10+8 in 32 SHL games. If we have a late 1st from trading Hayes/Zuccarello I'm not sure I'd dare to wait longer than that to pick him, he is having a "post draft" season you would be very happy with from a pick in the 10-20 range. He has now passed Kravtsov and is 2nd to only Kupari in NHLe among the players eligible for the 2018 draft (NHLe does not take Kravtsov's crappy team into account).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Samuel Fagemo with another goal last night, points in four straight now for a total of 10+8 in 32 SHL games. If we have a late 1st from trading Hayes/Zuccarello I'm not sure I'd dare to wait longer than that to pick him, he is having a "post draft" season you would be very happy with from a pick in the 10-20 range. He has now passed Kravtsov and is 2nd to only Kupari in NHLe among the players eligible for the 2018 draft (NHLe does not take Kravtsov's crappy team into account).

5 games in a row if you include the CHL.

And yeah. They don't go as far as to look at team production when counting NHLe but I feel I am the only one taking that into account

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
5 games in a row if you include the CHL.

And yeah. They don't go as far as to look at team production when counting NHLe but I feel I am the only one taking that into account
I forgot to write "2nd in NHLe among 2018 draft eligible players outside the NHL". Dahlin, Svechnikov, Kotkaniemi and Svechnikov are all ahead of course.

Reactions: Ola

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
I like Brink, is he going to Denver or is he going to play in the WHL for Portland? I think right now he's still committed to Denver but I don't know if that's a gimme.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I want Shane Pinto, he played Youth Hockey where I play beer league. I was talking to his Youth Coach the other day and we had a conversation about him and Dzhaniyev and John Lundy, who are the latest in a growing number of NYC kids pushing to make pro hockey their career. Pinto went nuts one day and decided to look at hockey as a job and now he is in the gym working on his skillset or his frame every single day. One of those guys that really works his ass off when he is not on the ice. Dzhaniyev is on the USNDP U17 squad playing on the 4th line right now, he's 5"4 so unless he hits a spurt it's going to be really difficult for him. Slick player but it just gets harder and harder to play your game if you dont grow with the rest of the guys. Lundy is going to play D1 at Umass Amherst or Lowell I cant remember. Pinto is definitely the best of the 3 and I think will turn out to be a great middle-6 or bottom-6 player with that pesty style.

Reactions: Sarge13

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
I'm telling ya, he's gonna sky rocket up the charts come June!!

Idk about skyrocketing up the charts.... he's between 20 and 30 on most lists right now, where do you think he'll actually get drafted? 15? I think that'd be my guess right now, though there's always a chance of someone going off the board, it's been a long time since we had a Blake wheeler huh? :D

Reactions: Joey Bones

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Watching Muskegon vs Chicago tonight to catch some of Mastrisimone who has a goal and an assist. Kid's a really explosive skater in short ice and has that waterbug quality that's really fun to watch. He's an East Islip kid and is a BU recruit, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's well on the Rangers radar for the draft.

Luke Reid is a 2020-eligible, and he's got a really good offensive skillset on the backend too. It's been really amazing at how much the USHL has improved in these last 5 years. There are so many kids here who are fantastic skaters and really discipline within their systems. US hockey has moved forward lightyears in regards to player development.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Brink goal from last night:

I like this kid a lot. Been a dominant force the last couple of months. Don't know much about him, but I heard he's not a top gear skater. Do you think the offense will translate? Because the head and the heads are clearly there.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Watching Muskegon vs Chicago tonight to catch some of Mastrisimone who has a goal and an assist. Kid's a really explosive skater in short ice and has that waterbug quality that's really fun to watch. He's an East Islip kid and is a BU recruit, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's well on the Rangers radar for the draft.

Luke Reid is a 2020-eligible, and he's got a really good offensive skillset on the backend too. It's been really amazing at how much the USHL has improved in these last 5 years. There are so many kids here who are fantastic skaters and really discipline within their systems. US hockey has moved forward lightyears in regards to player development.

It's all the skating training they're getting. I know of some programs that play very few games, but spend a ton of time on skating and puck drills for kids in the 13-15 range.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I like this kid a lot. Been a dominant force the last couple of months. Don't know much about him, but I heard he's not a top gear skater. Do you think the offense will translate? Because the head and the heads are clearly there.
It's a tough read since I haven't seen him outside of some highlights since he returned from injury. He's skilled and shifty enough to compensate for his lack of skating, and he's physical enough where you won't have to worry about him fighting for open ice. When I see a kid that can score that proficiently, I tend to always lean towards yes for these kids translating to higher levels.

Going to Denver should help a lot. It's been a great environment for MEP, and I can see Brink following a similar scoring curve. I like him a lot more than a lot of the OHL kids that are being thrown around as late 1st round options.

It's all the skating training they're getting. I know of some programs that play very few games, but spend a ton of time on skating and puck drills for kids in the 13-15 range.
Well whatever they're doing is working because these kids all have translatable skills. It's really fun hockey.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If there is a guy that's going to climb the rankings this year but not get any fanfare it's Kaedan Korczak. Nothing stats but he's on the radar now. Another guy whose sliding, but has a lot more ability than he's shown is Billy Constantinou.

He got the raw end of the deal on a trade. Plays on a terrible team. He's much better than the stats will show.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If there is a guy that's going to climb the rankings this year but not get any fanfare it's Kaedan Korczak. Nothing stats but he's on the radar now. Another guy whose sliding, but has a lot more ability than he's shown is Billy Constantinou.

He got the raw end of the deal on a trade. Plays on a terrible team. He's much better than the stats will show.
The cream of this entire CHL crop is from the WHL this year. There's a bunch of really solid dmen that'll be available in the middle rounds. Jake Lee is another kid I'm a fan of this year.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's a tough read since I haven't seen him outside of some highlights since he returned from injury. He's skilled and shifty enough to compensate for his lack of skating, and he's physical enough where you won't have to worry about him fighting for open ice. When I see a kid that can score that proficiently, I tend to always lean towards yes for these kids translating to higher levels.

Going to Denver should help a lot. It's been a great environment for MEP, and I can see Brink following a similar scoring curve. I like him a lot more than a lot of the OHL kids that are being thrown around as late 1st round options.

Well whatever they're doing is working because these kids all have translatable skills. It's really fun hockey.

Yeah it's a weak year for the OHL. That sort of offensive creativity isn't going to stay on the board for long. I could easily see him going around.

The skating is defintely working. A lot of ex NHL guys coach these kids, and they're gearing them up for how the rules are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad