Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I could see him going somewhere between 5 and 10 because teams drafting higher than that generally want the help sooner rather than later
All of this again just hits home for me that in my view it is imperative that the Rangers get at least another first rounder. Two picks in top 15 would be ideal, with one being around 5-7.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
All of this again just hits home for me that in my view it is imperative that the Rangers get at least another first rounder. Two picks in top 15 would be ideal, with one being around 5-7.
I think any of the other first rounders they acquire will be in the 20’s, and I think they’ll be able to get some good players around then too, especially if any of the USNTDP kids slip a little bit

Reactions: Joey Bones

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Do you think the worries that he is not leaving Russia for a while make him slide? If so how far?

It'll probably keep him from the top two spots, but I don't know if I see him slipping much past maybe 6th or 7th. You have to figure at that point you might not be getting immediate help anyway, and so the time period doesn't matter as much.

But taking him ahead of the top two talents, both because of their ability and their timetable, would be difficult. Anything after that is pretty fair game IMO.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Unknown.png

Lassi Thomson and Matvei Guskov are getting robbed here. Seems that Dorofeyev is starting to get some love. Think Podkolzin is better than the group he has him in, same with Byram.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Podkolzin does a lot things Kakko cant. Multiple. Only clear edge Kakko’s got is size and that’s it. All the talk is glowing but nobody mentions how he’s usually gassed after a minute. I’m banking on him improving that eventually, but Podkolzin is 150% every shift and doesnt run to the bench after a 30-second cycle.

Love Kakko but I want Podkokzin for my Game 7. He’s an animal. Reminds me of Graves but more explosive.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Lassi Thomson and Matvei Guskov are getting robbed here. Seems that Dorofeyev is starting to get some love. Think Podkolzin is better than the group he has him in, same with Byram.
Interesting... Vasili Podkolzin is ranked 18.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Kaliyev at 17 is way too low. Since the likelihood of getting Hughes/Kakko is exceedingly low, Kaliyev is the guy I want if he continues to play like he has.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Podkolzin does a lot things Kakko cant. Multiple. Only clear edge Kakko’s got is size and that’s it. All the talk is glowing but nobody mentions how he’s usually gassed after a minute. I’m banking on him improving that eventually, but Podkolzin is 150% every shift and doesnt run to the bench after a 30-second cycle.

Love Kakko but I want Podkokzin for my Game 7. He’s an animal. Reminds me of Graves but more explosive.

Podkolzin needs to start turning his skills into points in MHL/VHL before i'm truly on that bandwagon.

Kakko is scoring at a higher pace in a much better League, that matters more to me.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
So who are the Rangers taking with the 13th pick in the June draft?

Maybe that player will be a quality 3rd liner by 2023.

It depends on ranking.
Matthew Boldy, Alex Newhook, Trevor Zegras, Cole Caufield, Philip Bromberg or Arthur Kaliyev.. or someone else.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
The Rangers won't be in position to select Kaliyev or another difference making forward with the way the Rangers are raking up those points.
IMO:
1. tier: Hughes
2. tier: Kakko, Cozens, Dach, Podkolzin, Krebs, Turcotte and maybe Byram and Lavoie
3. tier: Boldy, Newhook, Zegras, Caufield, Bromberg, Kaliyev, Broberg, York, Honka, Robertson, Soderstrom, Bjornfot, Pelletier, Foote...

In our 3rd tier there are interesting names..

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

You’ve been preaching about how the Rangers need patience for years and now the sky is falling because they won 4 games before they’ve even traded anyone. You knew they weren’t going to be 0-82, and you should’ve known there’d be some win streaks along the way, just like there will be some win streaks for all the other bottom feeders

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You’ve been preaching about how the Rangers need patience for years and now the sky is falling because they won 4 games before they’ve even traded anyone. You knew they weren’t going to be 0-82, and you should’ve known there’d be some win streaks along the way, just like there will be some win streaks for all the other bottom feeders

I will repeat what I’ve said close to 20 times already.

Let’s assume this team finishes with the 5th pick in the draft, that stills equates to around 35 wins.

I think there’s this weird misconception that a team with a high pick only wins like 20 games.

In most cases a 35-40-7 record gets you a pretty high pick and doesn’t look eye-catchingly terrible at a glance. This team was never looking at a 20-60-2 record.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

It's just a fact that there'll be wins like this. Still will have a high pick but you can't be upset when the goal scorers ages are: 27, 23, 23, 23 & 25. There will be a few wins like this even after the deadline as we saw last season.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

The Rangers won't be in position to select Kaliyev or another difference making forward with the way the Rangers are raking up those points.
Love to think that standings now, not even 1/4 through the season, will be what they are by the end of the season. There are plenty of teams below the team now that will likely pass in the future.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I will repeat what I’ve said close to 20 times already.

Let’s assume this team finishes with the 5th pick in the draft, that stills equates to around 35 wins.

I think there’s this weird misconception that a team with a high pick only wins like 20 games.

In most cases a 35-40-7 record gets you a pretty high pick and doesn’t look eye-catchingly terrible at a glance. This team was never looking at a 20-60-2 record.

Like I said in the other post, there has to be some form of development shown. You want your young players that you’re counting on to lead the rebuild to prove that they can do just that such thing.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Like I said in the other post, there has to be some form of development shown. You want your young players that you’re counting on to lead the rebuild to prove that they can do just that such thing.

Exactly, even in a season where I expect the end result to be a high draft pick, I want the team to at least be hanging close, competing hard, and developing.

It doesn't do anyone any good if the team gets a top 5 pick and every younger player we have was the drizzling shits.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad