Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The nice thing is it's also never been easier to skip/cut out all the downtime of watching a game.

Back in the late 90s, it was like being part of a secret society.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Interestingly enough, I don't think it's about the league so much as its about the control. A lot of NHL teams want to be able to control the direction of a players career sooner rather than later. For example, I have no doubt the Rangers would prefer Shesterkin be in a less of a rotation than he's been over the years, or that there's probably a sense that they dodged a bullet by Rykov being traded and jumping right in with his new team.

Having said that, I don't think anyone will balk at Podkolzin going back for two additional years.

If anything, AK stalking him for those 2 years will only prepare him for what I’ll do when he makes the jump.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
If we draft Podkolzin, I am preparing some trips to Russia
You are preparing some trips to everywhere, where our prospect players plays... how many times have you been in Russia, Sweden, Finland, Canada or USA in the last year?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You are preparing some trips to everywhere, where our prospect players plays... how many times have you been in Russia, Sweden, Finland, Canada or USA in the last year?

Ehm, since I moved to Vienna for my new job, my hockey trips have been:

August 2017:
Switzerland for ZSC Lions-Frolunda (Lias)
Klagenfurt, Austria for KAC-Frolunda (Lias)

September 2017:
Finland for work, but got to see 6 games in 6 days, Jokerit, HIFK, Tappara, TPS, Espoo Utd and Lahti Pelicans (Virta, Pajuniemi, Jensen)

October 2017:
Sweden for Linkoping-Frolunda (Lias)
Czech Republic for Bili Tygri-Frolunda (Lakatos, Lias)
Slovakia for Slovan-SKA (Shestyorkin, Rykov)

December 2017:
Switzerland ZSC Lions-Bili Tygri (Lakatos
Buffalo for WJC, Sweden-Czech Republic (Lias, Chytil, Hajek)
Kitchener for Kitchener Rangers-Barrie Colts (Keane)

January 2018:
NYC for the Winter Classic
Phoenix for the Rangers game
Vegas for the Rangers game
Everett for a Silvertips game
Seattle for a Thunderbirds game

February:
Kladno, CZ to see Jaromir Jagr play

March:
Sweden for Frolunda-Brynas (No prospects, but it was my 5th Frolunda game that season)
Brno for a Kometa Brno game (just for fun)

April:
Pardubice for the Euro Hockey Tour to see Lias, Buch, Chytil and Zibanejad

May:
Copenhagen for the World Championships to see Lias and Zibanejad

June:
Dallas for the draft

September:
Finland for Jokerit-Traktor and the now infamous meeting with Kravtsov
Czech Republic for Slovan-Cherepovets (Virta)

October:
Slovan-CSKA (Virta)
Slovan-SKA (Virta, Shestyorkin)

Upcoming:
U20 Four Nations next week in Hodonin (Kravtsov, Lundkvist)
Tampa in December for the Rangers game
World Juniors in December in Vancouver (Kravtsov)
Slovan-Traktor in January in Bratislava (Kravtsov)
Calgary in March for the Rangers game

* In some cases I actually saw our prospects before we acquired/drafted them like Hajek, Rykov, Pajuniemi and Keane haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey Bones and WeRa

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Ehm, since I moved to Vienna for my new job, my hockey trips have been:

August 2017:
Switzerland for ZSC Lions-Frolunda (Lias)
Klagenfurt, Austria for KAC-Frolunda (Lias)

September 2017:
Finland for work, but got to see 6 games in 6 days, Jokerit, HIFK, Tappara, TPS, Espoo Utd and Lahti Pelicans (Virta, Pajuniemi, Jensen)

October 2017:
Sweden for Linkoping-Frolunda (Lias)
Czech Republic for Bili Tygri-Frolunda (Lakatos, Lias)
Slovakia for Slovan-SKA (Shestyorkin, Rykov)

December 2017:
Switzerland ZSC Lions-Bili Tygri (Lakatos
Buffalo for WJC, Sweden-Czech Republic (Lias, Chytil, Hajek)
Kitchener for Kitchener Rangers-Barrie Colts (Keane)

January 2018:
NYC for the Winter Classic
Phoenix for the Rangers game
Vegas for the Rangers game
Everett for a Silvertips game
Seattle for a Thunderbirds game

February:
Kladno, CZ to see Jaromir Jagr play

March:
Sweden for Frolunda-Brynas (No prospects, but it was my 5th Frolunda game that season)

June:
Dallas for the draft

September:
Finland for Jokerit-Traktor and the now infamous meeting with Kravtsov
Czech Republic for Slovan-Cherepovets (Virta)

October:
Slovan-CSKA (Virta)
Slovan-SKA (Virta, Shestyorkin)

Upcoming:
U20 Four Nations next week in Hodonin (Kravtsov, Lundkvist)
Tampa in December for the Rangers game
World Juniors in December in Vancouver (Kravtsov)
Slovan-Traktor in January in Bratislava (Kravtsov)
Calgary in March for the Rangers game

* In some cases I actually saw our prospects before we acquired/drafted them like Hajek, Rykov, Pajuniemi and Keane haha
OMG ... hockey is your life without a doubt...:nod: I envy you a little.

Reactions: Inferno

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
OMG ... hockey is your life without a doubt...:nod: I envy you a little.

That's why I share my adventures here. Not to gloat, but to make you guys part of the experience. And so far, I've only had positive responses to it.

The U20 Four Nations next week will be exciting, not just because I get to see Lundkvist and Kravtsov, but also Podkolzin, Dorofeyev and Hoglander. I might even stick around for the 2nd game which will include Kakko

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
That's why I share my adventures here. Not to gloat, but to make you guys part of the experience. And so far, I've only had positive responses to it.

The U20 Four Nations next week will be exciting, not just because I get to see Lundkvist and Kravtsov, but also Podkolzin, Dorofeyev and Hoglander. I might even stick around for the 2nd game which will include Kakko

If there are any other prospects that jump out to you, be sure to post in here, too!! I'd love to keep track as well. ;)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If there are any other prospects that jump out to you, be sure to post in here, too!! I'd love to keep track as well. ;)

Oh Joey, you were the first person I thought of when I saw the Russia roster today and noticed Dorofeyev. You think I would keep you in the dark on how he does? Of course not. Dorofeyev is our new Brad Morrison (And you and I know exactly what I mean by that!)

Reactions: Joey Bones

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
From the end of the 2016-17 season to this past draft, Gorton added the following young Dmen - Pionk, DeAngelo, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Miller, Lundkvist and Keane. That is one heck of a job stockpiling the defense. I really hope Gorton can do the same thing for the forward group with the upcoming trades and this year’s draft. Yes, he added Andersson, Chytil, Howden and Kravtsov, but that nowhere near compares to the job done on defense.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
From the end of the 2016-17 season to this past draft, Gorton added the following young Dmen - Pionk, DeAngelo, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Miller, Lundkvist and Keane. That is one heck of a job stockpiling the defense. I really hope Gorton can do the same thing for the forward group with the upcoming trades and this year’s draft. Yes, he added Andersson, Chytil, Howden and Kravtsov, but that nowhere near compares to the job done on defense.

I think we can add Virta as a future bottom-6 forward. I'm confident he will make the team within 2 years. But, the 2019 draft will be boom-or-bust for our rebuild

Reactions: Rangers743

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The draft is always some kind of lotery... nobody knows which one is the future star.

Of course, but with where the organization is right now, we need to hit a home-run with our first 2 picks. A lot of pressure on this scouting staff.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Of course, but with where the organization is right now, we need to hit a home-run with our first 2 picks. A lot of pressure on this scouting staff.
You are absolutely right. IMO we need to draft this or next season a big name with high potential to be an elite player, to be a star. It means we need to be as bad as possible .. and we need to win the Draft lottery. But there are very gifted players in our roster .. so we will be average team again with very low chance to win the lottery. So we need very good trades.. complicated situation. I really enjoy it..

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Pionk was FA signing; ADA, Hajek, Rykov and Lindgren came via trades. On the other hand only Howden came via trade so I think that somewhat explains the disparity. Also important to keep in mind that the Rangers were (and IMHO) still are lighter on defense than forwards if your scope includes young vets.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Unknown.png

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Boldy at #3 is interesting

If I was running this draft I'd be focusing on the USDP and the USHL, there's just so much talent there right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad