Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If the Rangers want Kravstov they're going to have to take him at 9 or make a move to get up into the teens, IMO.

I remember there was a rumor floating around that the Rangers had a deal in place with Dallas for the #13 pick in 2012 if Grigorenko was there. Of course he went to Buffalo as 12. Maybe the Rangers and Dallas could rekindle that deal if Kravstov or Farabee are still there at 13.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If the Rangers want Kravstov they're going to have to take him at 9 or make a move to get up into the teens, IMO.

I remember there was a rumor floating around that the Rangers had a deal in place with Dallas for the #13 pick in 2012 if Grigorenko was there. Of course he went to Buffalo as 12. Maybe the Rangers and Dallas could rekindle that deal if Kravstov or Farabee are still there at 13.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they took him at 9.

Reactions: Bozle

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Seems like right now, going off of Gorton's comments, that they're waiting for something wild to happen/"their guy" to drop before they make a move. Will make all three picks otherwise. I feel like this is what half of the teams are thinking right now, waiting for teams like Montreal to shake things up with their pick.

And remember, "their guy" will change, depending on how far down we go down the draft board.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
His ceiling is worth the risk.
Not at 9. If the big 7....
Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Tkachuk
Dobson
Hughes
Bouchard
...are all gone..then you go with boqvist or wahlstrom or j.k.

I'd be pissed if they took kravtsov over those 3
..and I'm not even big on jk

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
It’s probably easier to say “guys” at this point.

They’re going to be looking, and teams will be seeking them out. There’s too many picks, too many available roster players and too many possibilities for teams not to be hounding the Rangers tomorrow.
I fully expect every team to be contacting them with offers and I fully expect Jeff to be playing teams against each other because the Rangers are LOADED with assets.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mark Siedel was just on The Power Play on NHL Network Radio. He says he’s got the dropoff at 15, meaning, in his words, there are 14 blue-chippers in this draft. And by blue-chipper he means top line forward or top pairing Dman (again, his words).

I'd say its more like 25 or so.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

1. There is no comparison
2. Not exactly. Tough to find a good comparison. A combination of Kovalchuk and Matthews is my comp.
3. Lazy comp, but somewhat good. I'd compare him more to Hornqvist.
4. Another lazy comp. I can't think of a good one, but not Pastrnak. Better skater than Zadina.
5. Maybe. Unlikely he'll be as good, but could have a similar playing style.
6. Not bad. I'd say more Pietrangelo, but Jones isn't bad.
7. Obvious is obvious. This is also who Bouchard compares himself to whenever he's asked.
8. No, I just don't see it. Rielly's four inches taller and much heavier. Torey Krug is my comp.
9. Why isn't he 1OA then?
10. Obvious is obvious.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
1. There is no comparison
2. Not exactly. Tough to find a good comparison. A combination of Kovalchuk and Matthews is my comp.
3. Lazy comp, but somewhat good. I'd compare him more to Hornqvist.
4. Another lazy comp. I can't think of a good one, but not Pastrnak. Better skater than Zadina.
5. Maybe. Unlikely he'll be as good, but could have a similar playing style.
6. Not bad. I'd say more Pietrangelo, but Jones isn't bad.
7. Obvious is obvious. This is also who Bouchard compares himself to whenever he's asked.
8. No, I just don't see it. Rielly's four inches taller and much heavier. Torey Krug is my comp.
9. Why isn't he 1OA then?
10. Obvious is obvious.

saying he plays the same style as ovechkin isn't the same as saying he will be as good

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
saying he plays the same style as ovechkin isn't the same as saying he will be as good

I know, but I just don't like that type of comparison to a legend when we aren't likely talking about a legend. Its dumb, in my opinion.

Recently, people here were comparing Chytil to Malkin, and I thought it was pretty dumb. Said as much when that was happening. I was guilty of doing that type of stuff in the past, as well. Its easy to do, but I just don't think it helps give proper perspective to say "similar to this player but a million times worse."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad