Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I just don't get the Tkachuk angle.

Almost everyone agrees he is not the most talented prospect, they also agree he is not without talent, to me the Rangers need to focus on talent.

With that being said I have made the argument many times that if the Rangers want to be a tougher team they need a player who plays up the depth chart who also has those traits, but I did not mean they should use a good amount of drafting assets to get that player. Much rather see them try to find a similar player to Lowry with a pick later on.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Don't want to trade next year's picks to move up, but I hope we move up. Seems like the only way to get one of Tkachuk, Dobson, or Wahlstrom.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I think the Rangers will explore a lot of possibilities to trade up for Tkachuk if he's there at any point beyond four.

Cost and willingness TBD.
I don't want to be in the "anti Tkachuk" camp because I actually like the kid and think he will be a very good pro. But I guess on NY's board they have him in that top 5 so I get it. But I also wonder where they rank Zadina and Wahlstrom on their board.

Reactions: Off Sides

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't want to be in the "anti Tkachuk" camp because I actually like the kid and think he will be a very good pro. But I guess on NY's board they have him in that top 5 so I get it. But I also wonder where they rank Zadina and Wahlstrom on their board.

Thinking Wahlstrom is 6, but not necessarily a guy they'd trade up for.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I really hope we don’t trade up for Tkachuk.. I think it’s a waste of assets.
Assets are there for use. I think tkachuk is..at absolute worse a power forward 3rd liner who can out in 15 goals 25 assists and piss everyone off on the other team.. that's his floor...to me.

His ceiling? 30 goals 50 assists and the most hated player in the nhl. That's a player you want.....badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->