Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Mark Siedel was just on The Power Play on NHL Network Radio. He says he’s got the dropoff at 15, meaning, in his words, there are 14 blue-chippers in this draft. And by blue-chipper he means top line forward or top pairing Dman (again, his words).

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Mark Siedel was just on The Power Play on NHL Network Radio. He says he’s got the dropoff at 15, meaning, in his words, there are 14 blue-chippers in this draft. And by blue-chipper he means top line forward or top pairing Dman (again, his words).
That might be fair. But that also doesn't mean they all go from 1-14.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

8, 9, 10, 12, 14.

There are enough thoughts on lottery dropoffs to fill out a Powerball ticket.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Wahlstrom: Ovechkin....
Yes please

I'd be happy with Boeser but all of those comparisons are a little over the top except Tkachuk, maybe more play style but still these comparisons are unfair.

I'm hoping for Walhstrom, I just have a feeling we won't get him.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
But if he’s correct, it confirms my belief that the Rangers are hoping to get a 2nd pick inside the top 15.

How does that confirm anything? It might confirm that your hope/strategy has merit, but it in no way confirms anything about what the Rangers might be planning or what they can accomplish.

If others feel this way, why would they trade one of those picks?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If we're going to compare Wahlstrom to a notable RH Russian sniper, I've always felt he was a little like Alex Semin. A lot of the elite traits, but there are a few of the concerning ones as well.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Comparing a guy not slated to go top 5 to the best goal scorer in NHL history is not super reputable. Nor does Wahlstrom throw his weight around like a prime Ovechkin, besides the other obvious problems.

Reactions: NYR

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
How does that confirm anything? It might confirm that your hope/strategy has merit, but it in no way confirms anything about what the Rangers might be planning or what they can accomplish.

If others feel this way, why would they trade one of those picks?

I’m not in the mood to draw you a map.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If we're going to compare Wahlstrom to a notable RH Russian sniper, I've always felt he was a little like Alex Semin. A lot of the elite traits, but there are a few of the concerning ones as well.
Yeah..wahlstrom to semin is almost perfect imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA