Veleno
Hayton
Noel -ugh
Sandin
Farabee
McIsaac
Ty Smith -wow
Akil Thomas

Notables: Wilde (17), Groulx (20), K Miller (23), Jack Drury (27), Merkley (45), Pivonka (105)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Look at those risers. Bouchard and Dobson 4 5 and kaut flying to 4 for the euros. I was really really hoping a few months ago that kaut would be sitting there easy at our third first rounder or first 2nd rounder. Now be lucky he gets passed 20 overall.

Reactions: Ola

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
In what world will Wilde drop to late 1st or EARLY 2ND?!
Honestly, I can see it.

There are a lot of risers that may jump over him. A lot of teams in the 10 to 20 range may look to get a safer player like Hayton, Lundestrom, Veleno, Smith, or McLeod.

Wilde's ability is not being questioned. The likelihood of him putting it all together and being an NHL'er is lower than those aforementioned safer picks. His ceiling is higher, but his floor is much lower.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Central scouting released their new rankings. Top 15 from eaxh:

International skaters:
Dahlin
Boqvist
Kravtsov
Kaut
Ginning - why?
Kotkaniemi
Denisenko
Lunderstrom
Olofsson
Filip Johansson
Kupari
Bokk
Hallander
Lundkvist
Fehervary

NA:
Svech
Tkachuk
Zadina
Bouchard
Dobson
Hughes
Wahlstrom
Veleno
Hayton
Noel -ugh
Sandin
Farabee
McIsaac
Ty Smith -wow
Akil Thomas

Notables: Wilde (17), Groulx (20), K Miller (23), Jack Drury (27), Merkley (45), Pivonka (105)
Ginning, lol

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Yeah, lotta risers around it seems. Don't get me wrong I'll gladly take him low 1st. Totally.

Just stay put with the picks. Maybe try to get a 4th ... 1st round pick? (I'd like that)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Tkachuk being listed over Zadina is interesting. They are two different players, but the top end skill of Zadina is at another level from the small amount I've seen both.

If the Rangers could win the lottery (getting the 3rd pick), is there a chance that some team that really wants Tkachuk wants to move up and they could slide down a pick or two, grab Zadina and more assets?

I could also see us moving up to ##4-5 to get a Zadina or Boqvist, if they don't land top 3.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Almieda intrigues me a lot.

He was a kid who came in with high expectations and treaded a bit of water for a while. But this season he put a lot of pieces together and showed why he was a high WHL draft pick. Of course the question is whether he can continue that progress moving forward without Howden, Burke or Halbgewachs next season, but he’s certainly back on the radar.

I would entertain using a second on him.

Day, Duclair, McColgan, etc. The Rangers always seem to identify a guy like this they can take in the mid rounds. Given that he's a year closer to turning pro, I could see him going with their extra second but maybe more likely their own 3rd. Either him or Jake Wise. Hell, maybe both.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Day, Duclair, McColgan, etc. The Rangers always seem to identify a guy like this they can take in the mid rounds. Given that he's a year closer to turning pro, I could see him going with their extra second but maybe more likely their own 3rd. Either him or Jake Wise. Hell, maybe both.

It would seem that he would be a kid they’d have spent some time seeing, especially considering their familiarity with Howden and I’m goong to assume the research they did on Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad