Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd do Dougie for Point straight up, but other than that I'd rather keep him

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You don't trade Hamilton because you have too many RHD. That's like saying you don't date Kate Upton because she's too pretty.

Or because we already have enough Dougie going on.

b653c102e8a29b5776c7e324fc94942a.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The only reason to trade Dougie Hamilton is, if it is a huge huge and I mean huge overpayment, something like Dylan Larkin and Danny Dekeyser, if you don't get a offer like that, than just keep Dougie Hamilton.

Question for you guys:

You are Brad Trevling, you have worked very hard to get trades going and you have an offer from the Red Wings:

Dougie Hamilton
Sam Bennett
Mark Jankowski
Adam Fox
1st round pick in 2019

For

Dylan Larkin
Danny Dekeyser
1st Round pick in 2018

Do you do that?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The only reason to trade Dougie Hamilton is of it is a huge huge and I mean huge overpayment, something like Dylan Larkin and Danny Dekeyser, if you don't get a offer like that, than just keep Dougie Hamilton.

Question for you guys:

You are Brad Trevling, you have worked very hard to get trades going and you have an offer from the Red Wings:

Dougie Hamilton
Sam Bennett
Mark Jankowski
Adam Fox
1st round pick in 2019

For

Dylan Larkin
Danny Dekeyser
1st Round pick in 2018

Do you do that?

My first instinct is no. DeKeyser is a fine middle pairing guy, Larkin is great, but really boils down to where that 2018 1st ends up.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The only reason to trade Dougie Hamilton is, if it is a huge huge and I mean huge overpayment, something like Dylan Larkin and Danny Dekeyser, if you don't get a offer like that, than just keep Dougie Hamilton.

Question for you guys:

Dougie Hamilton
Sam Bennett
Mark Jankowski
Adam Fox
1st round pick in 2019

For

Dylan Larkin
Danny Dekeyser
1st Round pick in 2018

Do you do that?

Hell no.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Let's say Larkin is the type of forward Hamilton could be traded. That leaves Bennett, Fox, Jankowski, 2019 1st for DeKeyser and 2018 1st.

Reactions: snipetype

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
This is basically it, if it is a top 3 pick, than you take that and run.
Top 4 IMO. I would take any of Dahlin Svechnikov or Zadina, or gamble on Tkachuk with that package, though it is pretty steep. Actually I think it's more fair if you make it only one of Bennett or Jankowski (their choice), as Fox is likely worth a mid 1st at least on his own.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Question for you guys:

Dougie Hamilton
Sam Bennett
Mark Jankowski
Adam Fox
1st round pick in 2019

For

Dylan Larkin
Danny Dekeyser
1st Round pick in 2018

Do you do that?
Treliving would need severe brain damage to do that, jesus christ

Reactions: Rockmorton

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I've got a bad feeling that we trade him and get destroyed in said trade. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they don't trust him as much as the other top 4 D.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The facts:
  1. Dougy is likely the most valuable asset Calgary has to offer. NOT TRUE, Tkachuk and Gaudreau are more valuable.
  2. Calgary has a surplus of right hand shot D-men. TRUE, but only 1 is actually really good, 1 is average, 1 is horseshit
  3. Stone and Brodie have modified NTC's TRUE
  4. Selling on Hamonic right now would not get a fair return. TRUE, but you trade him before Hamilton no matter the circumstance
  5. Dougy was not happy with how Freddy was treated. PURE SPECULATION, unless you are friends with Dougie and have talked to him about it, everything is made up rumours by the incompetent Calgary media.

The Speculation:
  1. The return for Dougy will be a Hoffman and a first, Nylander and one of Kapanen, or Conor Brown with a second, or ORielly/ or Okposo and Sam Reinhart with a second. HORRIBLE VALUE for Dougie
Tre has been noticeably cagey for the last couple weeks and recently mentioned some big changes were on the way. Nothing would be bigger than moving Dougy. Dougy in many ways gave up on the team after his brother was traded. Offensively he ramped things up but that is more for his benefit. TERRIBLE ANALYSIS and untrue. He got way better when Freddie left.

Dougy is a star but he is the most logical move going into summer. He is the player that will get the first line RW the Flames need. HE IS A STAR, would NOT be the most logical move.

Also, his name is spelled Dougie, not Dougy.

Overall OP, I give you 4/10. Hamilton is a young defender you build your team around from the back end, not trade for worse pieces because you had a bad year with the worse coach in the league.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Question for you guys:

Dougie Hamilton
Sam Bennett
Mark Jankowski
Adam Fox
1st round pick in 2019

For

Dylan Larkin
Danny Dekeyser
1st Round pick in 2018

Do you do that?

Hamilton for Dylan Larkin?

WeLwwV4.gif

dQUUINv.gif

JcWcR9P.gif

The General

Mar 11, 2018
Honestly, the fact that the Flames kept Freddie Hamilton for as long as they did should be a positive, not a negative. Freddie Hamilton is not a roster-player on a contending NHL team.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Trading Dougie is pointless unless you get a sure 1st line winger like Marner or Stone. I really don't wanna trade him though. He will be leading our blueline for the next 5+ years.

I really think all we need is a 2nd line RW to replace Frolik for us to be a playoff team. This will sufficiently be achieved by moving Brodie.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Also, his name is spelled Dougie, not Dougy.

Overall OP, I give you 4/10. Hamilton is a young defender you build your team around from the back end, not trade for worse pieces because you had a bad year with the worse coach in the league.

Second I don't think either Dougy or Dougy is correct his name is likely Douglas... Probably goes by Doug. Most men don't like going by a childhood reference so nice try.

As for
The facts:
  1. NOT TRUE, Tkachuk and Gaudreau are more valuable. b>
    • TRUE, but only 1 is actually really good, 1 is average, 1 is horse**** Hamonic is at minimum a second pairing d-man after a horrible start he and Brodie put up reasonable numbers. Stone is a second/third pairing D-man and lastly Rasmus has the skills to be a faster more physical version of Hamilton
    • PURE SPECULATION, unless you are friends with Dougie and have talked to him about it, everything is made up rumours by the incompetent Calgary media. All I can say is watch Hamilton's facial expressions in the press conferences when his brothers name is mentioned. (The last one when playing Arizona was very pronounced)

1. HORRIBLE VALUE for Dougie Um Seth Jones for Ryan Johanson.. 2 or 3 young NHLers for Hamilton will be the rate and not everybody can fleece an idiot like Chiarelli. Picks have less value than players and both Hamilton and Hamonic were acquired with 3 picks.
TERRIBLE ANALYSIS and untrue. He got way better when Freddie left. Thats some kind of revisionists theory crap going on there. The only thing he did better was get some points. CORSI wise he dropped and the x-factor stuff almost completely stopped.

HE IS A STAR, would NOT be the most logical move. So were Kessel, Taylor Hall, Seth Jones, Johansen, O'Rielly and Seguin but sometimes the best thing for both sides is a change. The assets Calgary needs in return require a valuable asset being traded. You do not get a top end forward without giving up something of value and the most replaceable slot is on the right side of the blue line.

FYI The previous player on GIO's right side was also a star.... Brodie. How much of being a star is being paired with GIO???

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Second I don't think either Dougy or Dougy is correct his name is likely Douglas... Probably goes by Doug. Most men don't like going by a childhood reference so nice try.

A) He does go by Dougie
B) His parents call him Dougie.

Reactions: Cyrano

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
To be quite honest, I see a lot more of Shattenkirk in Hamilton than say, Chara or whatever legitimate number one defenceman you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad