Speculation: Dougie Hamilton and the Logic Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Second I don't think either Dougy or Dougy is correct his name is likely Douglas... Probably goes by Doug. Most men don't like going by a childhood reference so nice try.

As for

FYI The previous player on GIO's right side was also a star.... Brodie. How much of being a star is being paired with GIO???
Hamilton goes by Dougie, because his father's name is also Douglas and goes by Doug. It's pretty common knowledge.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I hope my logic and spelling didn't frustrate you as much haha

Nah. Not frustrating at all. I enjoy reading your content laden posts. :)

Some of the captain obvious rant posts though, I skip. ;)

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Nah. Not frustrating at all. I enjoy reading your content laden posts. :)

Some of the captain obvious rant posts though, I skip. ;)
why you little....
giphy.gif

Reactions: Fig

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd be fine with him being dealt if it meant bringing in a top line winger. Shift Brodie to the right side again, and sign a LHD. Would love Marner, Stone, or Nylander.

Tkachuk - Monahan - Marner/Nylander
Gaudreau - Bennett - Ferland

OR

Tkachuk - Monahan - Ferland
Gaudreau - Bennett - Stone
(I know, Bennett as the 2C may not seem ideal, but he's done really well there with Gaudreau in small samples, and having a legitimate RW for that line would make them a threat)

Gio - Brodie
??? - Hamonic
Kulak - Andersson

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Lol @ when the thread title changes

The logic train plows on

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Dougie Hamilton
Adam Fox

For

Dylan Larkin
Anthony Mantha
2nd round pick in 2018

Yay or nay?(add or subtract from each team to make it work.)

Gaudreau-Monahan- Sam Bennett
Tkachuk-Larkin-Mantha
?-Backlund-Frolik
?-Janko-?

Gio-Brodie
?-Hamonic
?-?

What do you all think?

Only think I don't like is Janko on the 4th line, I am just throwing out ideas because it is very depressing reading the playoffs threads and seeing no Flames. I have no idea right now, I am just very confused, are we this screwed?

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Dougie Hamilton
Adam Fox

For

Dylan Larkin
Anthony Mantha
2nd round pick in 2018

Tkachuk-Larkin-Mantha
?-Backlund-Frolik
?-Janko-?

Gio-Brodie
?-Hamonic
?-?

What do you all think?

Only think I don't like is Janko on the 4th line, I am just throwing out ideas because it is very depressing reading the playoffs threads and seeing no Flames. I have no idea right now, I am just very confused, are we this screwed?

Don't think it makes any sense to trade Hamilton as well as what looks like our best bet to replace him in the future.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Dougie Hamilton
Adam Fox

For

Dylan Larkin
Anthony Mantha
2nd round pick in 2018

Tkachuk-Larkin-Mantha
?-Backlund-Frolik
?-Janko-?

Gio-Brodie
?-Hamonic
?-?

What do you all think?

I know Detroit needs defense, but this really REALLY guts their offense. There is no way they'd make this trade. Larkin is basically a #1 C at this point.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Dougie was noticeably absent in the interview scrums. Not inferring anything but as a star on the team that was a little peculiar.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Dougie was noticeably absent in the interview scrums. Not inferring anything but as a star on the team that was a little peculiar.
Noticed that as well from the interviews - maybe he has lost some motivation? Seems weird that he would duck interviews at the end of the season.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
I wouldn't trade Dougie unless it was a major overpayment. He's one of the rare big offensive defenseman who is still solid defensively like Hedman. Would only trade him if we're getting someone like Marner or Nylander and a first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I wouldn't trade Dougie unless it was a major overpayment. He's one of the rare big offensive defenseman who is still solid defensively like Herman. Would only trade him if we're getting someone like Marner Nylander and a first.

Even a prime Karlsson signed to a 8 year 5 million cap hit deal wouldn't get Marner, Nylander, AND a 1st.

Reactions: Bronco Horvat

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Remember when Burke said he'd probably trade Dougie for 20 first round picks?

You start there in negotiations apparently.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
The Flames are pressing hard to trade Dougie Hamilton. In addition to Dreger, MacKenzie, Lebrun, and Friedman here are some links:

2018 NHL trade candidates: 24 players who could get dealt this summer - Sportsnet.ca

Reportedly the Flames are looking for a top 6 forward, a prospect and a first round pick.

Teams reportedly interested:

TSN has been reporting for days now something between Carolina and the Flames. Several report Lindholm is the target.

Initially Ottawa was in with Hoffman but the story exploded and everything dried up.

Buffalo, Toronto, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, New Jersey, Philly and Washington have been linked.

Carolina's new owner wants to change the team fundamentally and Dougie does that. If the Flames do indeed end up moving Dougie I suspect Lindholm will be the main piece back.

The other main players will be Buffalo and Toronto. Buffalo will likely involve Mittelstadt or Reinhart.
Toronto Marner or Nylander.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lindholm better not be the main piece back in such a deal. Hanifin would need to be included or else I’d be livid.

With the Peters connection, I could see it. But that also makes for easy media speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->