News: Doug Armstrong given full backing to make splash for center.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I dont think Armstrong is "targeting" Bozak. That's just the writer listing FA centers. I dont think Armstrong can actually name someone
There was also an article or speculation that Army said he may be making a Schenn type deal bringing in another center. I really think we should just find a temp fix. Thomas is looking to be a Good Center. We shall see with time.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
The writer named the names.

Army didn't mention any of these players specifically.

It means management is willing to match any offer given to JT

Yeah these types of stories are leaked on purpose to let JT's camp to not sign anything to quickly, we are willing to pay big. Some times they work, but JT's camp would have to be idiots to not already know the Blues need him way more than he needs the Blues

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So what about missing the playoffs. The Avalanche were a historically bad team and made the playoffs this year. This league has massive shifts year to year.

Goaltending deffinently isnt something I'd mention to him, but the Blue can make a move if Allen still struggles again. The goaltending issues aren't solely based on the position, some of it came from the anemic offensive support.

I hate to say this because I hate the blues, but antti rantta would fit you guys like a glove... great year this year

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
If the Blues go after Tavares, they better get rid of Yeo. He will neuter most of JT's offense.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I hate to say this because I hate the blues, but antti rantta would fit you guys like a glove... great year this year
Well hes not available lol. I do think Allen will get a very short leash this year if hes still on the team.
If the Blues go after Tavares, they better get rid of Yeo. He will neuter most of JT's offense.
would not argue this. Does sound like Armstrong took his keys to the PP though, thank god....

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
My gut says its going to a poop show, he sings with Leafs for 9-9.5 a yr while news of other teams offering 11+ leaks and everyone goes nuts crying conspiracy re Lou and Dubass.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
My gut says its going to a poop show, he sings with Leafs for 9-9.5 a yr while news of other teams offering 11+ leaks and everyone goes nuts crying conspiracy re Lou and Dubass.

So, why would Tavares take 2.5 to 3 million less (which is also even worse after taxes) to play in Toronto. He has openly admitted he doesn't want to be in the spotlight. I just don't see Tavares going to Toronto based on his character.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Boy.... he wont make much after taxes and agent fees

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Weaker conference? Hahahaha you’re hilarious.

What ridiculousness is this?

Vegas carved its way through the West and then got bopped by the Caps who had to claw their way through the East.

And you can't even use the bs points argument because that only works with the fact that the two actual cup contenders in the West, Winnipeg and Nashville, were able to stream roll through a much, much weaker set of teams.

Florida even set a new record as finishing with the most points in NHL history without making the playoffs.

The only pretender who made the playoffs this year in the East was NJD, and to a much lesser extent CLB or TOR.

None of MIN, ANA, SJS, LAK, or COL had an actual shot at winning anything. C'mon now.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well hes not available lol. I do think Allen will get a very short leash this year if hes still on the team.
would not argue this. Does sound like Armstrong took his keys to the PP though, thank god....

Coyote’s will trade anyone for picks. And can you blame them?

Reactions: Dbrownss

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
What ridiculousness is this?

Vegas carved its way through the West and then got bopped by the Caps who had to claw their way through the East.

And you can't even use the bs points argument because that only works with the fact that the two actual cup contenders in the West, Winnipeg and Nashville, were able to stream roll through a much, much weaker set of teams.

Florida even set a new record as finishing with the most points in NHL history without making the playoffs.

The only pretender who made the playoffs this year in the East was NJD, and to a much lesser extent CLB or TOR.

None of MIN, ANA, SJS, LAK, or COL had an actual shot at winning anything. C'mon now.
Detroit Montreal Ottawa Buffalo...my goodness...yeah that's some gauntlet you have over there

Last edited:

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Detroit Montreal Ottawa Buffalo...my goodness...that's some gauntlet you have over there big fella

Oh so we're going by our worst teams? Weird, but okay.

Buffalo was the worst in the league, yes.

Arizona should be equal to Ottawa (if not considered worse) because Arizona spent most of the season being historically bad (on pace to match '17 COL bad).

Montreal was no more of a pushover than Vancouver was.

And then Chicago was better than Detroit, but they (and EDM for that matter) were not even as good as NYR.

So congrats. Our cellar was a bit deeper, but that's about it. I don't even get how this is a discussion with how big of a joke the Pacific was and how nobody in the Central besides than WPG, NSH and COL (for diff reasons) were being talked about positively by the end of the season.

Either way, weird thing to pick a fight about now that 2017-18 is in the books. If you wanna throw all that money at Tavares, go ahead. Take him outta my conference and neuter your team.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Oh so we're going by our worst teams? Weird, but okay.

Buffalo was the worst in the league, yes.

Arizona should be equal to Ottawa (if not considered worse) because Arizona spent most of the season being historically bad (on pace to match '17 COL bad).

Montreal was no more of a pushover than Vancouver was.

And then Chicago was better than Detroit, but they (and EDM for that matter) were not even as good as NYR.

So congrats. Our cellar was a bit deeper, but that's about it. I don't even get how this is a discussion with how big of a joke the Pacific was and how nobody in the Central besides than WPG, NSH and COL (for diff reasons) were being talked about positively by the end of the season.

Either way, weird thing to pick a fight about now that 2017-18 is in the books. If you wanna throw all that money at Tavares, go ahead. Take him outta my conference and neuter your team.
Lol somebody did not pay attention to the season Arizona just had. :eyeroll:

The east is top heavy, but significantly worse at the bottom. That should not be a controversial statement...

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Pick a fight? You joined in and called our franchise stupid for going after the best free agent on the market and then made some completely subjective claim that the western conference is weaker knowing it would get a response. Who's picking fights?

You're a Panthers fan, trying to lecture a team with more points than anybody in the Central or Atlantic division the past 7 years, on how to value cap room and assets...

laughing

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Pick a fight? You joined in and called our franchise stupid for going after the best free agent on the market and then made some completely subjective claim that the western conference is weaker knowing it would get a response. Who's picking fights?

You're picking a fight. As you said, I made a "completely subjective" claim on an opinions board, and then you came in and acted like my claim was completely invalid and got all pissy when I defended it.

And yea, your franchise would be incredibly stupid for throwing "Top Player in the League Money" at a guy like Tavares. Every single team would. Seriously, when is the last time overpaying for a big fish FA worked out well? Stamkos signed for 8.25 for God's sake...

You're a Panthers fan, trying to lecture a team with more points and playoff appearances than anybody in the Central or Atlantic division the past 7 years, on how to value cap room and assets...

laughing

I don't see what my fandom has anything to do with anything, but if that's what you need to feel like you won the argument, go ahead. At least Cats fans have the mental fortitude to recognize when our management is doing something suicidal.

pawnjohn

Jan 27, 2017
When was the last time this big of a fish actually hit FA? The Stamkos contract isn't a good comparable for what JT is worth on the market due to both the tax benefits and the 8th year option. You're looking at 11/year someone else would need to offer to rival the 8.25 he is getting in Tampa. If Stamkos would have signed elsewhere, he definitely would have been signing for a lot more than 8.25.

With the Blues current cap and their cap structure moving forward, they could offer up to 12/year without putting us in any jeopardy of losing any core pieces due to cap casualties. We have alot of money coming of the books next year, with no major signings needed unless we do a 1 year bridge on Edmundson/Fabbri this year. The year after we have a Petro/Schenn/Dunn but by that time Sobotka's contract is off the books (if he still even here), Steen only has 1 year left on his deal and is only due to be paid 3.5 in actual salary, Berglund only has 2 years left with both his salary and NTC dropping off signifcantly, and Allen's contract will be down to 1 year (if he makes it that far).

That doesn't factor in the cap increasing or the next expansion draft taking some salary that summer. We also have prospects that will still be on cheaper contracts during this time that will be able to step up into these roles as well.

Would signing JT to a high salary make things interesting and affect some of our financial decisions going forward? Yes. Would it be suicidal? Absolutely not. Could we run into trouble in years 5-7 Maybe, depending on other moves that happen. But it is 100% worth it to fill our biggest hole we have had in forever, especially when if it only costs $$$.

Reactions: phlocky and Colt55

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
When was the last time this big of a fish actually hit FA? The Stamkos contract isn't a good comparable for what JT is worth on the market due to both the tax benefits and the 8th year option. You're looking at 11/year someone else would need to offer to rival the 8.25 he is getting in Tampa. If Stamkos would have signed elsewhere, he definitely would have been signing for a lot more than 8.25.

With the Blues current cap and their cap structure moving forward, they could offer up to 12/year without putting us in any jeopardy of losing any core pieces due to cap casualties. We have alot of money coming of the books next year, with no major signings needed unless we do a 1 year bridge on Edmundson/Fabbri this year. The year after we have a Petro/Schenn/Dunn but by that time Sobotka's contract is off the books (if he still even here), Steen only has 1 year left on his deal and is only due to be paid 3.5 in actual salary, Berglund only has 2 years left with both his salary and NTC dropping off signifcantly, and Allen's contract will be down to 1 year (if he makes it that far).

That doesn't factor in the cap increasing or the next expansion draft taking some salary that summer. We also have prospects that will still be on cheaper contracts during this time that will be able to step up into these roles as well.

Would signing JT to a high salary make things interesting and affect some of our financial decisions going forward? Yes. Would it be suicidal? Absolutely not. Could we run into trouble in years 5-7 Maybe, depending on other moves that happen. But it is 100% worth it to fill our biggest hole we have had in forever, especially when if it only costs $$$.

Just think With JT we could be dangerous

Fabbri Taveres Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Steen Thomas Thompson
Berglund Barbashev Jaskin

Two 1st lines and two 2-3 lines

not to mention D

Edds Petro
Dunn Parayko
Jaybo Schmaltz
Gunner Borts
Wallman Mikola