News: Doug Armstrong given full backing to make splash for center.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There was a proposal in this thread that was Duchene for Fabbri and the 2019 1st. Some Blues fans were amenable, I would absolutely pass. Hard. Duchene would be a rental.
A late first and a question mark forward is not a high price to pay at all for a very fast, legit top 6 center.

Armstrong would be insane not to do that.

Duchene played on a bad Avs team and now a weak Ottawa team. All I’ve heard him say is he wants to win. We’d be a playoff team with him. I wouldn’t be too concerned about getting him signed.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
A late first and a question mark forward is not a high price to pay at all for a very fast, legit top 6 center.

Duchene played on a bad Avs team and now a weak Ottawa team. All I’ve heard him say is he wants to win. We’d be a playoff team with him. I wouldn’t be too concerned about getting him signed.

Agreed. Duchene on the Blues puts them back in the playoffs. We have no idea what Fabbri will be going forward, but he's got a long road ahead to get there. You definitely take that deal.

Reactions: BlueDream

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
Ditch Sobotka and Berglund's contracts and trade Fabbri, Thompson, Walman, Winn 1st, 2018 2nd for Duchene and Hoffman. I know people will probably say too much but it's really a fair deal imo. Top 9-

Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Hoffman-Duchene-Tarasenko
Steen-?????-Kyrou

3rd line center should come from one of Barbashev, Sanford, Sundqvist, Brodziak, etc. They have plenty of bottom six center options and if one doesn't work they could always give it to Thomas. And btw I have Thomas on RW on the top line because I think he'll be centering it by seasons end.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Ditch Sobotka and Berglund's contracts and trade Fabbri, Thompson, Walman, Winn 1st, 2018 2nd for Duchene and Hoffman. I know people will probably say too much but it's really a fair deal imo. Top 9-

Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Steen-?????-Kyrou

3rd line center should come from one of Barbashev, Sanford, Sundqvist, Brodziak, etc. They have plenty of bottom six center options and if one doesn't work they could always give it to Thomas. And btw I have Thomas on RW on the top line because I think he'll be centering it by seasons end.

I don’t mind getting both of them, I’d just rather keep Berglund or trade him and a pick/prospect in a swap for a guy like Silfverberg.

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Thomas-Berglund/Silfverberg

Reactions: 67Blues

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Steen-?????-Kyrou

Too much?! Try not enough. The best piece in there is the WPG 1st. That package does not get you Duchene AND Hoffman. There's no way a deal like that gets done without Thomas/Kyrou coming the other way. Maybe even both in my opinion. But it'd never happen and I think Duchene is staying in Ottawa long-term.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Too much?! Try not enough. The best piece in there is the WPG 1st. That package does not get you Duchene AND Hoffman. There's no way a deal like that gets done without Thomas/Kyrou coming the other way. Maybe even both in my opinion. But it'd never happen and I think Duchene is staying in Ottawa long-term.

Not that I think that deal is plausible, but there are good pieces there. Thompson was a 2016 1st rounder who is huge, skates well, and has a terrific shot. If Fabbri can stay healthy and look like his old self (question mark) he's definitely worth more than that WPG 1st as well.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Minor point, but we do not know that it will be a late pick. I just think trading 1sts for one year rentals is a bad practice. What guarantee do we have that Duchene re-signs?

Reactions: 67Blues

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
No way anyone would trade top 5-10 forward prospects for players with no term. I think my offer was more than fair.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
No way anyone would trade top 5-10 forward prospects for players with no term. I think my offer was more than fair.

Duchene has a year and Hoffman has 2. Also neither Thomas or Kyrou are top 10 prospects in the league. Very good prospects, don't get me wrong. But you pray that Thomas turns into Duchene and you pray that Kyrou turns into Hoffman.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Duchene has a year and Hoffman has 2. Also neither Thomas or Kyrou are top 10 prospects in the league. Very good prospects, don't get me wrong. But you pray that Thomas turns into Duchene and you pray that Kyrou turns into Hoffman.
Where's the official list? Because the last couple lists I've seen had Thomas as a top 10.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Where's the official list? Because the last couple lists I've seen had Thomas as a top 10.

A) that's Button's list. He has some pretty wild takes.

B) I'm counting this year's draft prospects as quite a few would jump into the top 10 immediately.

Maybe Thomas is in there. Definitely around 10. I think he's gonna be a stud. I'd hold onto him. But you can't say neither of them are on the table for two guys that you virtually hope they become. Both fairly consistent 55-70 point guys who are currently in their prime.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

B) I'm counting this year's draft prospects as quite a few would jump into the top 10 immediately.

Maybe Thomas is in there. Definitely around 10. I think he's gonna be a stud. I'd hold onto him. But you can't say neither of them are on the table for two guys that you virtually hope they become. Both fairly consistent 55-70 point guys who are currently in their prime.
It was more then Buttons, Pronmann had him high and I think another.

I do agree that if the Blues are getting both Hoffman and Duchene, they would have to be on the table

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If you want both Kyrou and Thomas added to that trade, then Duchene would need an extension along with Hoffman in the trade. That is too much to pay for a 1 year rental with no guarantee that he doesn't walk. Just too risky for the Blues to give up their top two prospects and then give up on Fabbri too. If he returns to his form, OTT wins this trade by a mile, especially if Duchene then walks. At that point, the Blues would have given up a 1st, our top 3 offensive kids and our cupboard would be bare and our window slammed shut and we'd be in a worse situation than we are today looking for a center and a RW.

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-tsn-go-1.989926
This list was in February and both players have actually increased their prospect standings since. And I could see Kyrou included in the deal instead of Fabbri but not both players. Thomas doesn't go for anyone that isn't an young elite 1C with plenty of term. Duchene and Hoffman are consistently 50-60 pt players not 55-70. Neither has gotten close to 65 since Duchene's 70 pt year 5 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->