News: Doug Armstrong given full backing to make splash for center.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Doug Armstrong has been given the ability to spend as much as necessary to acquire center, according to NHL.com. Writer lists Tavares, Stastny, Bozak, Thornton as possibly on radar.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Must not be a reliable source, considering Joe Thornton has already stated that he will not play for any team other than San Jose.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Must not be a reliable source, considering Joe Thornton has already stated that he will not play for any team other than San Jose.
I get what your saying but it was an NHL.com article. This article is basically saying Tavares will get a blank check if St. Louis is an option for him.

Not really a mainboard topic though unless fans want to discuss trades, because that's an alternative route to take too

Reactions: TarasenkosForearm

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can you link the article?

EDIT: There it is, nevermind.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Targeting Bozak is like targeting urself to lose ur job
I dont think Armstrong is "targeting" Bozak. That's just the writer listing FA centers. I dont think Armstrong can actually name someone

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
LOL.

‘Guys I made a huge splash, I landed us a centre’

‘Sweet! JT? Please say it’s JT!’

‘Stastny’s back!

‘... yay.’

Guys guys guys... look I know it wasn't as expected the first go around here but look at it this way we got a first and Erik Foley and also we signed Stastny for 6.5 x 4 instead of 7 x 4.

See now that I gave you guys a second to let it sink in it's pretty much just as good as JT!

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
I highly doubt Stastny would even consider going back to St. Louis. He never fit in well and didn't have the nicest of things to say when he left. I think this at least assures the Blues will do everything they possibly can to get Tavares.

Another thing you could take out of these comments, is that the ownership may be willing to take on dead money that doesn't have a big cap hit attached to it. I don't know if there's anything out there that would fit the bill but it's possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->