Post-Game Talk: Don't worry folks, Andersen won't play tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
BTW, Schieffele was excellent last night. Haven't seen enough of him over the years, I keep forgetting how good he is.

Dude is one of the best two way centres in the league bar none...he was actually a treat to watch...the rest of that team is a bit of a steaming pile unless they are focused in which case them + Helleybuck are a scary team to run into

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Dude is one of the best two way centres in the league bar none...he was actually a treat to watch...the rest of that team is a bit of a steaming pile unless they are focused in which case them + Helleybuck are a scary team to run into

The Jets are a well coached team with a decent mix of skill, tenacity and at times a lights out goalie. If the Leafs play as they did the first two games however and receive solid goaltending, the Jets would need a miracle to survive a seven game series.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
I don't care what they're saying, they need actions and results. When you pay some players all the money, the majority no money, and only have a few players in the middle ground, you've put yourself in a bind.

The majority of fans don't like Freddy and have known you can't win in the playoffs with him. So why, after the last two (or 3) years is Freddy still here? How long does management need? People keep blaming Freddy game after game after fame after game after gamer after game after game after game after game, but we have a management that won't move him and a coach that won't sit him.
How do you know management won’t move Anderson? Perhaps they have tried and there is no team that wants him? You would also think if Keefe had a better option to play instead of Freddy he would. He wants to win just as much as everyone else.
Anderson is just the best option the Leafs have at this moment.
And face it a #1 starting goaltender is not going to come cheap. And if there was a team willing to part with one they are going to want quality in return

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Leafsforever89

Apr 22, 2017
This should be the end of Andersen.

He's no longer a very good goalie and is extremely shaky when it really matters.

This will be our best chance at going on a serious run and you cant let it be ruined by Freddy not being able to hold it together mentally.

Dubas should go get a goalie at the deadline.
He just got one by giving away a good dman.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I was hoping to wake up to see the news “Andersen traded”. Hurry up and get us a real goaltender Dubas you dweeb. That should have been a no-excuses, must get done priority in the off-season. I can’t stand watching this loser play anymore.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
How do you know management won’t move Anderson? Perhaps they have tried and there is no team that wants him? You would also think if Keefe had a better option to play instead of Freddy he would. He wants to win just as much as everyone else.
Anderson is just the best option the Leafs have at this moment.
And face it a #1 starting goaltender is not going to come cheap. And if there was a team willing to part with one they are going to want quality in return

I'm certain Dubas tried to move him in the off season. It made most sense in my opinion for a number of reasons as the team was looking for add bodies up front. Now, it's a tougher trade, especially when other teams don't want to do the Leafs any favours.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Pretty gutzy of Paul Maurice to bench his Vezina MVP goalie for his backup while chasing 1st place in the North.

Jets taking 5 of 6 points was an eye opener on this current season.

Winnipeg has the chops in their top 6 forwards offensively to hang with Leafs Top 4 & $40 mil club and they have the better netminder.

This is the one Canadian team that gives us Leafs fans a little pause for concern if we met in a 7 game playoff series. At present the season series sits at 2-2.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Hope we see a good goalie battle the rest of the way. Heard that Jack's recovery has been a little slower than anticipated but will he be back within the next week?

I feel a lot more comfortable with Jack in net, the way you feel when you have your starter playing.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
You win a few, you lose a few.

Two weeks is a long time in a seven-team league with multi-game sets and only intra-divisional play. Every game is a four-point game, and they are all important ones.

So it turns out that the Leafs actually do play in the same league as the other six teams! Who knew?

Give it another two weeks and see then if they have turned this skid around.

My guess is things will look not quite as good as they did two weeks ago, and not quite as bad as they do now.

The Leafs are a good team that should compete, but it won't be a walk-over.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The game was pretty even until the 3rd and the Leafs got into penalty trouble. The better team won last night, the game might have been closer if not for the poor officiating late in the 2nd and much of the 3rd period, which is why Sheldon Keefe was so upset. Hopefully the Leafs play 60 minutes tonight.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There is a game tonight so I’m hoping there is a new pregame thread up soon. I just want to watch another game. :)

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
Pretty gutzy of Paul Maurice to bench his Vezina MVP goalie for his backup while chasing 1st place in the North.

Jets taking 5 of 6 points was an eye opener on this current season.

Winnipeg has the chops in their top 6 forwards offensively to hang with Leafs Top 4 & $40 mil club and they have the better netminder.

This is the one Canadian team that gives us Leafs fans a little pause for concern if we met in a 7 game playoff series. At present the season series sits at 2-2.
Meh, the Leafs didn’t even play well and still had a great chance to win despite the game being tied thanks to that weak first goal Freddie expectedly gave up.

The horrendous third goal sealed it, you could see it in the teams legs. They’re starting to play so nervous in front of Andersen in fear that any mistake goes in, and as a result they’re making more mistakes.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Meh, the Leafs didn’t even play well and still had a great chance to win despite the game being tied thanks to that weak first goal Freddie expectedly gave up.

The horrendous third goal sealed it, you could see it in the teams legs. They’re starting to play so nervous in front of Andersen in fear that any mistake goes in, and as a result they’re making more mistakes.

Goaltending is certainly our weakest link. Leafs didn't play a very good game Saturday mustering just 20 or so shots on net and very few high danger ones and were much better on Thursday, and almost lost that one also because of soft goaltending as well.

With Hutch likely in net tonight even against the Sens, our goaltending could be a concern even against a lower level team. In hindsight last night might have been better to be the battle of the backups and Freddy in net today to make sure we come away with a W.

But like you, all Leaf fans are left holding their collective breath lately not knowing if Andersen will make a key save at a key time or continue to play average at best. Even if he were in net today I'm not sure fan confidence level would be high despite it being the Sens on the docket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad