Post-Game Talk: Don't worry folks, Andersen won't play tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
NO we were NOT the better team,,Goalies ARE PART OF THE TEAM!

It's no different if our star center wins the game or the star tender
This is a weird stake people are choosing to die on.

The fact of the matter is, if a goalie outplays a goalie - then it’s a pure goalie effort. The first two games the only person that outplayed anyone on the jets was hellebyuck. Based on your theory, even though hellebyuck outplayed only Anderson and was a beast, you’re saying the jets outplayed the leafs? Yes goalies are a part of the team, but when evaluating an effort you don’t say one team was better than the other because of a goalie. You say one team was better than the other, they just couldn’t beat the other teams goalie.

The jets have one position better than ours, and in all games except one have we shown we are a much better team.

Last edited:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Huh? What makes you think they are "refusing" to deal with goaltending? Reports were that they were looking for options in the offseason, and I bet they're trying now.
We've had years to upgrade from Freddie. The fanbase turned on him ages ago. Trades may be hard, they're not impossible.

Unless you leave yourself with absolutely no cap.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Who cares about the Jets. One of the worst teams in the league that the media loves, they suck. Period. Horrible team going nowhere.

They’re going as far as Schieffele, Helleybuck and Morrisey can take them...in this division that can be pretty damn far...

Lowry scores his first goal in 20 games and all I can say in response is...yeah why am I not surprised

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
They brought in more depth and a better backup in the last year, were rumoured to be shopping Andersen but couldn’t get a fit, and have been vocal about getting Campbell more starts prior to his injury.
I don't care what they're saying, they need actions and results. When you pay some players all the money, the majority no money, and only have a few players in the middle ground, you've put yourself in a bind.

The majority of fans don't like Freddy and have known you can't win in the playoffs with him. So why, after the last two (or 3) years is Freddy still here? How long does management need? People keep blaming Freddy game after game after fame after game after gamer after game after game after game after game, but we have a management that won't move him and a coach that won't sit him.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
We've had years to upgrade from Freddie. The fanbase turned on him ages ago. Trades may be hard, they're not impossible.

What? The fanbase literally only turned on him in the last week or two. Until then, the narrative was that he was one of the best goalies in the league and always saving the Leafs asses, and nothing was ever his fault.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What? The fanbase literally only turned on him in the last week or two. Until then, the narrative was that he was one of the best goalies in the league and always saving the Leafs asses, and nothing was ever his fault.
Not sure if you've not been reading these threads, but we've been blaming Freddy for losses for a couple of years now. Last two weeks? The f***?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
They’re going as far as Schieffele, Helleybuck and Morrisey can take them...in this division that can be pretty damn far...

Lowry scores his first goal in 20 games and all I can say in response is...yeah why am I not surprised

BTW, Schieffele was excellent last night. Haven't seen enough of him over the years, I keep forgetting how good he is.

Reactions: Cypruss

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I gave up on him at least a year and a half ago. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Jmo89

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Huh? What makes you think they are "refusing" to deal with goaltending? Reports were that they were looking for options in the offseason, and I bet they're trying now.
these were the names being mentioned on the summer

Markstrom
Lehner
Greiss
Murray
Holtby

only Markstrom is having a better season and Lehner finally got a deal with term then rewarded their faith in him by showing up out of shape according to reports so while i'm all for upgrading on Andy or any position for that matter the facts are it's easier said then done

and the best thing about Andy being the whipping boy is that it distracts away from our 11m dollar Capt who's only visible most nights for his piss poor play

imo the easiest solution to our goaltending issues to to try to hire Trots as coach since every goalie he puts between the pipes gives him quality starts for some strange reason , lol

Reactions: hn777

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why did Dubas say this in post game,
we dont have any flexibility to make any roster changes for tomorrow"

What happened to Taxi squad?
Or what was he trying to say.

Reactions: Garthinater

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Freddy lovers need to see this stat. He's objectively not been good this season, though he wasn't the only problem last night.
Writing is on the wall that no matter how you feel about him, we won't be re-signing Freddie in the off-season. Likely go 1A-1B with Campbell and someone else for around 2-4 million. They'll take the savings and give Hyman his much deserved raise. Kerfoot is also another guy who won't finish out his contract here in my opinion, and we likely re-sign Simmonds as well for something around what he's making now. I'd like to see us move Freddie & Kerfoot before the deadline. But unlikely Freddie goes anywhere this season.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Writing is on the wall that no matter how you feel about him, we won't be re-signing Freddie in the off-season. Likely go 1A-1B with Campbell and someone else for around 2-4 million. They'll take the savings and give Hyman his much deserved raise. Kerfoot is also another guy who won't finish out his contract here in my opinion, and we likely re-sign Simmonds as well for something around what he's making now. I'd like to see us move Freddie & Kerfoot before the deadline. But unlikely Freddie goes anywhere this season.
You can get avg goaltending for alot less
Anybody gives Freddie a raise is nuts

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I know where this is going.

Please, by all means, defend our sub .900 starter.

I will note that Brossoit allowing two weak-ish goals doesn’t make Andersen’s shite play any better. This whataboutism is embarrassing and just goes to show how hard the barrel has to be scraped to defend Andersen. “Well the other teams backup allowed some soft goals, so we shouldn’t hold our starter to a high standard.”

Lot of extrapolation.

So you thought the Leaf goals were weak?

Reactions: Garthinater

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Last night I died
Today I am sad
So many questions
So much sadness

"Last Night I Died" - a poem by ottomaddox 2021

I have to say coach Keefe needs to take a look in the mirror. Some of this is on him.

A rubber match and a 2-1 lead in the game? Would it kill you to go into a defensive posture?

Stastny 2 goals
Appleton 3 points
Ehlers 6 points (!!!!¿?¿?WTF?¿?¿!!!!)

WOULD IT KILL YOU TO WIN THIS SERIES WITH A FEW ADJUSTMENTS AND THE LAST CHANGE?!!

why is the game plan to exchange chances in a fire fight?

This serious was a disgrace!

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
I don't like that one bit. It sounds a lot like Babcock.
Nah, Babcock would rather complain that Muzzin isn’t a RHD, that Spezza can’t kill penalties apparently, and attempt to turn Barrie into Zaitsev 2.0 despite the fact he’s been in the league for a decade.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
You may be right, but hasn't Andersen, in every playoff series he's played with us, always given up one seemingly backbreaking goal that eventually lead to us getting ousted in the 1st round (or like last year, having us miss the actual playoffs)? And the opposing team's goalie would do the same thing in letting in a weak goal, but when the chips were down, and a save had to be made, would make the save.
Hindsight is 20/20, but I believe Dubas and Shanny's biggest mistake was a combination of signing Tavares AND signing the other 3 to those huge contracts, leaving far too little wiggle room to upgrade in other areas. I do not blame them for giving Matthews, a franchise center, that contract (although more term should have been there). The biggest mistake was giving Marner the money he got.
And I am probably in the minority here, but I hope we don't resign Rielly, but if we do, the salary should not be higher,
I didn't see enough of Lehtonen, but would he have been any worse than Dermott? His mistakes always seem to cost us a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad