Post-Game Talk: Don't worry folks, Andersen won't play tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Anderson is mentally fragile, he loses focus clearly, that Foudy goal vs Columbus in a game with limited chances is a gift to Columbus and a massive moral blow to the Leafs. Any big pressure game, Anderson is average or worse. As if weak goals that he has let in, were not enough proof of mental weakness then look no further than his body language post goal. He looks depressed, rattled, angry, he looks like a spoiled kid who wants to scream at the team vs looking in the mirror. Dubas should have moved Anderson before the season.

I think his failures are primarily mental. If you are going to be relaxed, it has to be Brodeur relaxed. Smiling, laid back, no worries. His relaxed seems a lack of confidence or otherwise.

I'm.not a goalie psychologist, but IMO, Freddie needs to be intense like a Roy or Billy Smith (old school). Bring some fire and brimstone from time to time. Get your focus and will yourself to save the puck. To offset his personality.

When Freddie is too relaxed, to me he seems depressed and unsure of himself. He needs some swagger. Just a couple other of years ago he was an all-star. He hasn't aged that quickly. He has to rise to the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad