Don't look now, Edmonton is 3rd last

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That's one 1st, not 4 in 6 years lol can't compare the two. Yes we have had better picks than most, but Edmonton is on a different level.

The year you got Makar, the Avalanche were worse than any Oilers team has ever been.

That 2016-17 Avalanche team was utterly pathetic.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The year you got Makar, the Avalanche were worse than any Oilers team has ever been.

That 2016-17 Avalanche team was utterly pathetic.
Yah. And we picked 4th because the system was changed the year before, because Edmonton sucked so bad and constantly won the top pick. Lol

It was a blessing in disguise, though. Makar is amazing.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yah. And we picked 4th because the system was changed the year before, because Edmonton sucked so bad and constantly won the top pick. Lol

It was a blessing in disguise, though. Makar is amazing.

That’s kind of the irony that makes me laugh as a die hard fan. They changed the rules to spite us, and we got McDavid anyways.

Makar is the real deal, I’ve seen him live a few times. His skating is unreal.

It’s funny, when he signed with UMass-Amherst he caught a lot of flack. Not anymore, he’s the “guy” for UMass as well.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The funny thing is, they've only lost 5 points in the standings because of it.
They were 1 point out before the streak started (Jan 18)
Yeah dude that's the marvel of it. How can a team have such a horrid stretch and still realistically be in the playoff mix?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
That’s kind of the irony that makes me laugh as a die hard fan. They changed the rules to spite us, and we got McDavid anyways.

Makar is the real deal, I’ve seen him live a few times. His skating is unreal.

It’s funny, when he signed with UMass-Amherst he caught a lot of flack. Not anymore, he’s the “guy” for UMass as well.
Yah he's bringing them into the playoffs for the first time in I think 12 years? He's 1st or second in the league in points and is a Dman.

I haven't followed college hockey, but I've seen highlights. I can't wait until he joins the Avs. There's Norris-level buzz about him. We could sure use the help.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
They might as well go all the way, and get that Jack Hughes guy. I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yeah dude that's the marvel of it. How can a team have such a horrid stretch and still realistically be in the playoff mix?
That whole West thing is just an amazing thing to watch.
It's like, 5 teams want to make the playoffs and 10 teams are trying really hard to not make it.

I just have this Musical Chairs analogy in my head where there's 3 vacant seats, the music stops and 10 people are still running around, bumping into each other and falling down.
Just a joke.

Reactions: I am not exposed

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I'm well aware of which team you support lol.

You said the following:

"I'm sure Sens fans will be thrilled when we take their place."

Considering Colorado have their pick, why should they care?
It prevents them from giving up a first overall pick. Granted, they will probably be giving the second overall pick up, but still better than giving first.

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
How do people still cheer for the Oilers? Don't you have any self respect?

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Really is amazing that EDM will miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in Mcdavids 4 years. Crazy

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Actually, 8th place Minnesota has lost 6 more games than than have won, so they are well under .500. It's the fallacy of the loser point.

Except there is no such thing as a loser point. Last time I checked, both teams can't lose.

The fallacy exists due to the winning point the OT winner gets. Teams that win in OT actually think they "beat" their opponent, and I find it funny.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I disagree with that personally but I can see why the argument is made.
No you were right the first time. The fact that three teams in the race have lost like 20 of their last 25 and are still in a race tells you most of the western conference is playing like absolute garbage this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad