Management Don Sweeney V: What do the Bruins do in (what could be) the craziest offseason ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Way below market compared to which team?

Maple Leafs? They are ran poorly ...

To lower level teams that must overpay?

When you compare the Bruins to contending teams like Tampa, Blues, Stars... they are in line with $$ paid out

So you think Brad/Pasta/Bergeron are $6 mill guys? Because I got news for you they’d each be making at least $3+ Mill more on the open market. He deserves credit for locking up his core at cheap rates

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
So you think Brad/Pasta/Bergeron are $6 mill guys? Because I got news for you they’d each be making at least $3+ Mill more on the open market. He deserves credit for locking up his core at cheap rates
Fair, but they were locked up before contracts got Matthews level.

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Jacobs has plenty of money. Yes, everyone has taken a hit, but if he wants to spend he can.
Sure but won’t put more fans in the seats. I think all the talk is coming from the financial Issues. Not all teams have owners who will spend with little return or certainty

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Don't hold your breathe for OEL to Bruins, I'd bet a 6'er that he's a Canuck before the end of the day.
I still think one of Nurse/Hanifin will end up in Boston
I sure as hell hope Krug does not get money that we should have been spending on Taylor Hall

Seems like both teams are playing the wait and see game. Maybe if Canucks go for Hanifin for example, Coyotes will have no choice but to accept what the Bruins offer is. And vice versa

Or Bruins have someone else in mind ... and not willing to offer more than 2021 1st , Vaaka, Zboril - max

Which can bring back one of Hanifin or Ghost

Reactions: Gordoff

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Based on the comments around here to load up and get OEL/Hall, I guess I'm in the small minority that thinks the Bruins window is closed. The rational:

1) The health, age and offensive decline of the #1 Center
2) The durability, age of the 2nd line Center
2) Mental state and the possible departure of the Bruins #1 goalie
3) The potential departure of the Captian, who IMO the Bruins should move on from.
4) Lack of development from players the FO thought would have taken the next step: namely Debrusk, Bjork, Senyshyn, Zboril.
5) The failed attempt by Sweeney this past season to shore up the secondary scoring.
6) Potential departure of the Bruins best offensive defenceman.

Worst case scenario, the Bruins do land a big fish or two, losing prospects and cap space and they still fall to win the Cup. The next year with their 1st and 2nd line Centres another year older, chances would be even more slim. Can't help but flash forward to this scenario.

I relish and hope for a reload in all major areas of the team - Goalie, Centre and Defence. Bring in players and prospects on the cusp and in three years go full boar. Bergeron is not asked to be the scoring centre and can become the best checking centre this league has seen. One of the kids steps into the 2nd line center position. Bruins hit on a trade for a #1 centre #1 goalie, or land one a couple of years from now via UFA. McAvoy & Pastrnak begin to enter their primes.

With the chatter of letting Rask, Krug and Chara walk, and Neely/Sweeney's call for major changes, I'm wondering if the front office is on the same page as me.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Based on the comments around here to load up and get OEL/Hall, I guess I'm in the small minority that thinks the Bruins window is closed. The rational:

1) The health, age and offensive decline of the #1 Center
2) The durability, age of the 2nd line Center
2) Mental state and the possible departure of the Bruins #1 goalie
3) The potential departure of the Captian, who IMO the Bruins should move on from.
4) Lack of development from players the FO thought would have taken the next step: namely Debrusk, Bjork, Senyshyn, Zboril.
5) The failed attempt by Sweeney this past season to shore up the secondary scoring.
6) Potential departure of the Bruins best offensive defenceman.

Worst case scenario, the Bruins do land a big fish or two, losing prospects and cap space and they still fall to win the Cup. The next year with their 1st and 2nd line Centres another year older, chances would be even more slim. Can't help but flash forward to this scenario.

I relish and hope for a reload in all major areas of the team - Goalie, Centre and Defence. Bring in players and prospects on the cusp and in three years go full boar. Bergeron is not asked to be the scoring centre and can become the best checking centre this league has seen. One of the kids steps into the 2nd line center position. Bruins hit on a trade for a #1 centre #1 goalie, or land one a couple of years from now via UFA. McAvoy & Pastrnak begin to enter their primes.

With the chatter of letting Rask, Krug and Chara walk, and Neely/Sweeney's call for major changes, I'm wondering if the front office is on the same page as me.
1) He was on pace for 65 points this season which would be his 5th best offensive season and that is after having his best offensive season last year.
2) He played 81 games last season so durability isn't much of an issue.
3) The only concern is if the season is played in the bubble for him.
4) You said the Bruins should move on from him but list that as an issue?
5) Debrusk shouldn't be on that list and you ignored the players that have namely Studnicka and Lauzon.
6) At this point we don't know what we really have in Kase after getting 6 games this year and that farce of a postseason.
7) I don't think that part hurts as much as people make it out to be.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Nordstrom is out 2PK winger as well. Unless he's getting paid more than 1 mil he's kind of a must sign IMO. No way one of the kids is killing penalties, unless he wants Bjork to?

Nordstrom is redundant. He tries hard but the 4th line must be able to score as well. I wish we hadn't extended Wagner and started over with Kuraly, Frederic, and someone with true size/physicality. At minimum hits to hurt like a Blidh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad