Management Don Sweeney V: What do the Bruins do in (what could be) the craziest offseason ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Don't hold your breathe for OEL to Bruins, I'd bet a 6'er that he's a Canuck before the end of the day.
I still think one of Nurse/Hanifin will end up in Boston
I sure as hell hope Krug does not get money that we should have been spending on Taylor Hall
Nurse/Hanifin may end up better long term anyway and not the big cap hit of OEL

Reactions: duffy

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Nurse/Hanifin may end up better long term anyway and not the big cap hit of OEL
Not sure about the offensive side to Hanifin/ Nurse compared to Krug but the Defense of both are a plus and at less dollars. Depending on what Ghostibehere had for an injury last season, I would definitely kick the tires. Philly is trying to clear salary so a bag of pucks probably gets it done! He is defensively ahead of Krug and can actually shoot, plus he's bigger and as good or better skater. Lots of options for the B's and I do like OEL but as others have said that's a lot of dough to lock up on one player, especially since weve needed a 2nd line RW for 8 to 10 years now.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
1) He was on pace for 65 points this season which would be his 5th best offensive season and that is after having his best offensive season last year.
2) He played 81 games last season so durability isn't much of an issue.
3) The only concern is if the season is played in the bubble for him.
4) You said the Bruins should move on from him but list that as an issue?
5) Debrusk shouldn't be on that list and you ignored the players that have namely Studnicka and Lauzon.
6) At this point we don't know what we really have in Kase after getting 6 games this year and that farce of a postseason.
7) I don't think that part hurts as much as people make it out to be.

Doing this is good fun

1) Bergy was ineffective in the playoffs: offensively 5x5 and on the PP with him at the bumper.
2) I'll give you the 81 games, but against bigger defensemen ala Hedman, he is a different player.
3) The leaked comments about Rask potentially retiring early, over the last couple of years, might be an indicator of where his head is at.
4) I guess I mean the Chara of old, who was a beast. Would kill to have that player back. Nobody on this current team intimidates like he used to. The FO and others around here like to reminisce, but he doesn't' move quickly enough anymore, to move the puck out. I'm afraid that he will be re-signed.
6) You think Debrusk has turned into that power forward, consistent 35 goal scorer that the Bruins had hoped they drafted? His name wouldn't be is trade rumours if he was. Stud and Lauzon are on track IMO.
7) I'll give you the small sample size, but want no part of automatically inserting Kase on the 2nd line. Not sure if the scoring ability needed is there.
8) I agree somewhat and am ok with Krug leaving. But go back 2 years ago when the Krug was running the PP like a master. It's easy for some to say McAvoy or Gryz will fill in seamlessly, but deleting all those points from the back end could be a big hit.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
What? No.

Option A costs only cap space. Option B involves giving assets for OEL and hoping his contract and Hall's next contract aren't terrible in a few seasons.

The Bruins are a much better team with option A.

You're okay with Debrusk at 6 million per? Hall is the best player out of all of them

Reactions: Gordoff

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If they trade DeBrusk they need 2 top6 players

Better get Halls rights and see if he’s one of them

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad