Management Don Sweeney III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I gave him an F, but I sure wish I could give him a lower grade than that.

I have to think there was a better plan in place than Coyle and Johansson and, yet again, failure by Don to make a real move. Do either of these moves threaten Tampa? :laugh:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Another thing. Supposedly we were in on Stone, Kreider, etc, etc, etc. Can ownership be happy with these two moves instead of the names previously being tossed around? Doubtful.

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
tar_feather-e1520530614639-800x445.jpg

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You guys, Stone is signing an 8 year, $9.5m/yr deal with Vegas.

There is no way the Bruins are doing that. There is also no way any of you on here with stay silent about that contract when he goes 3 games without a goal. Look at all the hate and contract talk Rask and Krejci get.

No one has talked about Rask in a couple months, mainly because he hasn't lost a game in regulation in 2 months. It will start up again as soon as he looses 2 in a row though.

Now, how bad will that be for a guy making $2m more than the 2nd highest paid player on your team??? lol

Why does anybody care how much Stone makes vs. Bergeron or Marchand? Those guys signed those deals with their eyes open. You telling me you're okay with your team getting a great deal on players only to use the saved money for nothing? That's good asset management? I'd have signed Stone for that deal.

And let's not forget David Backes got a $6M/5yr deal 3 years ago. Something tells me the Bruins players would be much happier with a top 20 NHL talent making them a Cup contender but costing $9M/year than a guy making $6M/year who should be a healthy scratch.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I gave him an F, but I sure wish I could give him a lower grade than that.

I have to think there was a better plan in place than Coyle and Johansson and, yet again, failure by Don to make a real move. Do either of these moves threaten Tampa? :laugh:
Looks like Tampa is going to have to make it past the Blue Jackets first :popcorn:. Love what Columbus is doing this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Backes looked really good with Coyle last game. Maybe to help him get going, Backes just needed an NHL level talent playing with him. We'll see going forward; if not, Cehlarik can play in that spot.

It's still 1 game and he would have to be able to be good for a good amount of time, what are the honest odds for that?

Johansson- Coyle is a start for a potential elite 3rd line but Backes hasn't had the best history on the Bruins.
These 2 will help in the match up game against Toronto.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Why does anybody care how much Stone makes vs. Bergeron or Marchand? Those guys signed those deals with their eyes open. You telling me you're okay with your team getting a great deal on players only to use the saved money for nothing? That's good asset management? I'd have signed Stone for that deal.

And let's not forget David Backes got a $6M/5yr deal 3 years ago. Something tells me the Bruins players would be much happier with a top 20 NHL talent making them a Cup contender but costing $9M/year than a guy making $6M/year who should be a healthy scratch.

How would you fit Stone in next year at 9.5 mill?

Reactions: 00BW

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Simmonds has more points than Johansson this year. Not to say I want either of them, but lets not make Johansson out to be some star player. He is an average NHLer at best.

They both have 27 points but Simmonds has played 14 more games.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
They both have 27 points but Simmonds has played 14 more games.
still beating him though and Johansson has 26 points..though again comparing an aging worn out power forward vs an oft injured defensive forward is moot. Neither are providing enough boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad