Management Don Sweeney III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm reacting to the negative Nellies around here. If you want to call that whining, I'll leave it as is.

I have a feeling we end up with Simmonds for a 2nd.

And then a smaller signing that no one sees coming.

If it's a pick, I'm good with that since they already have a ton of prospects in the pipeline. I don't want to be dumping guys with actual value that are potentially ready to contribute up on the big club, you know?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If it's a pick, I'm good with that since they already have a ton of prospects in the pipeline. I don't want to be dumping guys with actual value that are potentially ready to contribute up on the big club, you know?

That works for me.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I agree, but every indication we're hearing has them doing something

Maybe, and I'm sure this opinion will get me shit here, but this team is way too well versed in the PR game. When they've typically made a move, you never heard a single word about it until they announced it. With this deadline, there are rumors of them being in on a lot of players. That there are stories and rumors out there is what gives me pause and makes me think they're done and that this is all just PR spin from them as a way to justify not getting a player. They can say they were in on guys, but that the costs went to high.

Reactions: Strafer

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Maybe, and I'm sure this opinion will get me **** here, but this team is way too well versed in the PR game. When they've typically made a move, you never heard a single word about it until they announced it. With this deadline, there are rumors of them being in on a lot of players. That there are stories and rumors out there is what gives me pause and makes me think they're done and that this is all just PR spin from them as a way to justify not getting a player. They can say they were in on guys, but that the costs went to high.

Well in a few hours we'll see

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yep, then we can at least put this to bed. I'd love for them to add, but grossly overpaying at the deadline is what I'd have an issue with. That would be worse than getting a guy like Stone, IMO. Get someone if you can, but don't give away the farm to do it.
Exactly. Especially when you can sign him over the summer and retain your assets.

Reactions: LSCII

Jamie Rodgers

Feb 7, 2019
There is a better chance of me signing with the Bruins then there is for Stone to sign with the Bruins over the summer...lol
Jacobs has always allowed his GM to spend near the cap but there is no way in H**L he is going to allow a player to be signed for 10 million per season...no way.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
There is a better chance of me signing with the Bruins then there is for Stone to sign with the Bruins over the summer...lol
Jacobs has always allowed his GM to spend near the cap but there is no way in H**L he is going to allow a player to be signed for 10 million per season...no way.

What’s the cutoff? $7m? $9m?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Assuming nothing is reported this late....very disappointing.

He's just too timid to make a bold move. Even the Coyle move was vanilla and a tease. It was a good start to what should have been a big trade deadline.

You're likely not going to get a better year from Krejci going forward, Bjork, JFK, may end up being serviceable, but they certainly don't seem like they'll be tremendously impactful.

This was the year, IMO.

Overpay for a top 6 guy...if not Stone...find someone to help this team get over the top.

Edit

Marcus Johansson isn't enough to change my mind.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I hated Sweeney as a player....definitely among my top 5 least liked Bruins of all time, but I gave him a fair shake as GM and liked some of what he did. I like some of the contracts he got done and I bought into the Donato/JFK/Bjork hype.

I was actually looking forward to this deadline being where he would make his mark by really improving the team. Coyle was a good pick up...provided they also got a top 6 guy as well.

Right now, I've pretty much given up on Sweeney ever being able to bring this team to a championship and would not care in the least if he was let go soon.

This was his chance and he blew it, IMO.

Reactions: Strafer and TheBigZ

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
You guys, Stone is signing an 8 year, $9.5m/yr deal with Vegas.

There is no way the Bruins are doing that. There is also no way any of you on here with stay silent about that contract when he goes 3 games without a goal. Look at all the hate and contract talk Rask and Krejci get.

No one has talked about Rask in a couple months, mainly because he hasn't lost a game in regulation in 2 months. It will start up again as soon as he looses 2 in a row though.

Now, how bad will that be for a guy making $2m more than the 2nd highest paid player on your team??? lol

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad