Speculation: Don Sweeney at Oilers/Flames game

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
RNH won't be moved because we'd then have no secondary scoring. Rask while he's been a great goalie in the past is not currently needed with Koskinen playing lights out and Talbot having 2 solid starts in a row.

What the Oilers need is offense from the blueline and another top 6 forward. IIRC the Bruins are looking for 2nd line offense as well which is why I'm wondering if they may want Spooner due to his familiarity there or since we've heard that Chia covets Krug if that is who we are looking at assuming that he wasn't there scouting Calgary.

Oilers are not getting Krug for Spooner

seriously?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Stay away from our Nugey

Gollum__3515567b.jpg

Reactions: ivanlwan

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
RNH for Krug is pretty much a fair trade

To Oilers: Krug, Bjork, Cehlarik (all players Chiarelli is farmiliar with)
To Bruins: RNH, 3rd, 4th round picks

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
RNH is a good player and all, but is there really a need on the Boston roster for four centers making more than $6M/season?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oilers are not getting Krug for Spooner

seriously?

That is not what I meant, clearly Spooner doesn't even come close to Krug's value. What I meant is that if they aren't looking at trading Krug then maybe Spooner is of some interest as a far smaller move.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RNH is a good player and all, but is there really a need on the Boston roster for four centers making more than $6M/season?

He can also play LW very well. That said we simply cannot afford to move him unless it is a clear upgrade.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Just wanted to remind people that Neal got a 5 game suspension for kneeing Marchand in the head as he was skating by and Marchand was on the ice.
Really hope they don't even think about adding him to the dressing room.

If everyone that hated Marchand outside of Boston didn’t want to get traded to Boston then Boston would never acquire anyone via trade

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Krug has a NTC with a list of eight teams to which he can refuse a trade. I bet that Edmonton is one of those teams.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krug has a NTC with a list of eight teams to which he can refuse a trade. I bet that Edmonton is one of those teams.

I bet you Krug will waive that clause yesterday if the Bruins relay a message to him that it is unlikely the team is interested in signing him to an extension (2 years left)

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Joke's on you, Backes is actually incapable of playing a top-9 center role in the NHL consistently, now.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Wonder what this could mean. There’s been rumors swirling about Edmonton and Krug for a while now

the fact he was sitting in press row means he wanted to be seen and because whether you want to admit it or not--if a GM or any top scouts are watching the oilers--it will cause a media stir that will get back to the other team and send that team a message

Reactions: wintersej

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Krug would be great in Edmonton. Kinda surprised if he is being shopped, good player.
Boston needs to upgrade their forwards and they have a plethora of D, with Krug likely being the most valuable that they can afford to lose (not MaCavoy or Carlo)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't move RNH if I am the Oilers. There are basically three forwards you can depend on there.. RNH, Drai and Mcjesus. That's already thin and RNH also is one of their better, if not their best, defensive forwards.

They are already 1 injury away up front from their season being over.. Getting thinner up front isn't worth it.

Now if they can move a Nurse who has looked.. Not great for a RD who can contribute offensively that is a massive win for them.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I don't move RNH if I am the Oilers. There are basically three forwards you can depend on there.. RNH, Drai and Mcjesus. That's already thin and RNH also is one of their better, if not their best, defensive forwards.

They are already 1 injury away up front from their season being over.. Getting thinner up front isn't worth it.

Now if they can move a Nurse who has looked.. Not great for a RD who can contribute offensively that is a massive win for them.

Pretty spot analysis on for an opposing fan. Good job.

I personally would be very hesitant to make the Nurse for Krug deal*, but it certainly has its merits.

* With Hitch getting the team to 7-2-1 since taking over, I am loathe to pull the trigger on a deal that helps (a lot admittedly) in the short term when 1) trade deadline is coming up, we could get a rental and 2) Nurse can be a very unique piece of a championship team that is still a year or two away, and 3) Bouchard I do expect will be able to put up Krug-like offense as early as next season...

Krug's a great player, and certainly great value for present-day Nurse, but long term I like the look of a Larsson, Klef, Nurse, Bouchard top-4 better.

Reactions: McVespa99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad