Speculation: Don Sweeney at Oilers/Flames game

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I’d Sweeney is targeting someone on Edmonton, then I really hope that it’s not Lucic or Kassian. I hope that it’s Pool Partty or Yamamoto. As for Krug, he has a modified NTC, and I bet that one of the teams that he chose not to be traded to is Edmonton. Bjork, I imagine, is unavailable. Sweeney wooed him out of college early and is a very loyal person.

On Calgary, the target for Boston is probably Bennett.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
James Neal maybe .rest this year 3.7 caphit but 4 more there at 5.7 yuck.

Contract aside, I think it’s a bad look for Calgary if we move a guy 30 games into his first season after signing him long term. Free agency suicide

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins would be crazy to give up Krug for Nurse. Boston is the best defensive team in the league and Nurse isn't very good anyway.

Krug for RNH is something I could see.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Bruins would be crazy to give up Krug for Nurse. Boston is the best defensive team in the league and Nurse isn't very good anyway.

Krug for RNH is something I could see.

Not with Edmontons offense.

I as well hope Sweeney stays well away from Lucic/Kassian, the goal should be to make the team better.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Contract aside, I think it’s a bad look for Calgary if we move a guy 30 games into his first season after signing him long term. Free agency suicide
Except Neal would gladly accept a trade right now. He can’t be happy with the fit right now. He takes heat everyday on radio and in the city because he’s not producing. He left sunny Vegas for a prairie Province with snowy winters. He’s already had some beef with Mike Smith in the dressing room.

I’ve heard a few interviews of his where he talks about leaving Vegas as the toughest decision he’s had to make and you can tell there’s some regret that he didn’t accept their deal instead.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
My guess

Sweeney looking at RHN and/or Nurse from Oilers and Neal from the Flames.

Players that may interest the Oilers - Krug, Rask, Bjork, Heinen, Donato

Players that interest Flames - shorter contract plus prospect or picks. Bruins most likely offer Backes and say Bjork if interested ... but Neal off to a horrible start and his contract looks like is one of the worst in the league

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Just wanted to remind people that Neal got a 5 game suspension for kneeing Marchand in the head as he was skating by and Marchand was on the ice.
Really hope they don't even think about adding him to the dressing room.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
My guess

Players that interest Flames - shorter contract plus prospect or picks. Bruins most likely offer Backes and say Bjork if interested ... but Neal off to a horrible start and his contract looks like is one of the worst in the league

RNH won't be moved because we'd then have no secondary scoring. Rask while he's been a great goalie in the past is not currently needed with Koskinen playing lights out and Talbot having 2 solid starts in a row.

What the Oilers need is offense from the blueline and another top 6 forward. IIRC the Bruins are looking for 2nd line offense as well which is why I'm wondering if they may want Spooner due to his familiarity there or since we've heard that Chia covets Krug if that is who we are looking at assuming that he wasn't there scouting Calgary.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
My guess

Stay away from our Nugey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->