Prospect Info: Dominik Bokk (2018 Draft - 25th overall)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks for the update. When Armstrong traded up with Dubas at a very small price a 3rd to get Bokk. I thought it was one of the biggest steals of the draft. This kid is going to a pleasure to watch one day in the NHL.

Keep them highlights coming!

Reactions: STLomacneko

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks for the update. When Armstrong traded up with Dubas at a very small price a 3rd to get Bokk. I thought it was one of the biggest steals of the draft. This kid is going to a pleasure to watch one day in the NHL.

Keep them highlights coming!

Market inefficiency. I think we are seeing it here, and the fair amount of NCAA picks the last couple of years. I think it's a strong talking point in the draft room.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Thanks for the links. The no-look pass from behind the net on the assist was sick!

Glad to see him getting off to a hot start to the regular season. I was able to watch a couple of his SHL pre-season and championship league games live a few weeks ago before he came over for Traverse. I was a bit underwhelmed, but you can definitely see flashes of high end talent. He's got a lot of learning to do when of comes to rounding out his game, but that's to be expected for someone who grew up playing in "lesser" development leagues in Germany.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Thanks for the links. The no-look pass from behind the net on the assist was sick!

Glad to see him getting off to a hot start to the regular season. I was able to watch a couple of his SHL pre-season and championship league games live a few weeks ago before he came over for Traverse. I was a bit underwhelmed, but you can definitely see flashes of high end talent. He's got a lot of learning to do when of comes to rounding out his game, but that's to be expected for someone who grew up playing in "lesser" development leagues in Germany.

Oh my, his skill set and that line combo with Pontus Holmberg and Jonas Röndbjerg are going to rock.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
He tries to pull that **** in the big leagues and he will be summarily slammed to ice.

I was just thinking that! Bokk has a long way to go. Cute dipsy-doodle moves like that will get him killed in the NHL (or even AHL!).

The play at 6:30? I mean he was in the middle of the ice so yeah there’s a better chance somebody puts a body on him in the NHL there, but as soon as the puck got to him he dished it off.

Reactions: Bluesnatic27

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Are you guys really getting worked up over a little flash of skill by Bokk? Plays like that happen in the NHL too and I have yet to see the perpetrator get slammed to the ice. If ROR made that play in the NHL, everyone on this board would be going nuts over it. God forbid a young player decides to show some creativity.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Are you guys really getting worked up over a little flash of skill by Bokk? Plays like that happen in the NHL too and I have yet to see the perpetrator get slammed to the ice. If ROR made that play in the NHL, everyone on this board would be going nuts over it. God forbid a young player decides to show some creativity.
I agree.

I'm also going to point out that the majority of those highlights are Bokk doing simple, correct passing plays. He's not making a habit of throwing the puck through a crowd of people hoping that it connects to his target. He's using his superb puck-handling effectively. Even the between-the-legs play was a smart move to make, if not the right move, in that situation. He's a right-handed shot on bad angle with the majority of the defensive line to his front. A shot there would have a low chance of going in because it would have either been a backhand or would have taken too long to readjust. Instead, he passes it to open space for a brilliant scoring chance.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Cool that he's playing for Rogle BK next season. That's where our 2nd round pick this summer - Nils Hoglander - will be playing. Maybe we see them play together?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad