Prospect Info: Dominik Bokk (2018 Draft - 25th overall)

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Nvm, Vaxjo it is for Bokk next season!
Prefer Växjö to OHL.

Let me expound. In his situation, playing in the SHL is going to be more beneficial than the OHL imo. He goes to the OHL he’s going to be a top 6 forward who tears it up offensively but doesn’t have to cover defensively near as much. In Sweden he will have to work hard, play defensively and push himself just to get in the lineup.

Last edited:

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Prefer Växjö to OHL.

Let me expound. In his situation, playing in the SHL is going to be more beneficial than the OHL imo. He goes to the OHL he’s going to be a top 6 forward who tears it up offensively but doesn’t have to cover defensively near as much. In Sweden he will have to work hard, play defensively and push himself just to get in the lineup.
Good points but I'd rather him get adjusted to North American ice size

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I would much rather have him play in a professional setting.

I don’t think the junior leagues are as dominant in player development as the once were. I have nothing to substantiate this feeling, but I do look at how good the Swedish and Finnish development programs have become.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Good points but I'd rather him get adjusted to North American ice size
I think that is beneficial but he’s a great skater who can create his own space with his moves and creativity. I think the ice size will have less of an impact on him dude can stickhandle in a phone booth.

To further describe by reasoning, Bokk isn’t a guy who needs the confidence boost of being THE man he would get in the OHL. He’s been THE man in Germany. He needs to learn humility and hard work and the pro style of play not loose defense juniors.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
You can always get him adjusted to NA ice in the AHL once he's eligible to go there, instilling a better work ethic is better to start earlier.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I didn't see this mentioned before but apparently his parents are from Russia and he speaks four languages ( English, Swedish, German and Russian). Had no idea.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Bokk will probably play 3 games for the German U20 team in a tournament in Zurich from July 26-28. Besides Switzerland and Germany, Slovakia and Czech Republic will be the other two teams in this tournament.

I have no idea if there will be a stream for these games or any footage at all.

EDIT: Boxscores will be available here

Last edited:
Reactions: Celtic Note

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Bokk will probably play 3 games for the German U20 team in a tournament in Zurich from July 26-28. Besides Switzerland and Germany, Slovakia and Czech Republic will be the other two teams in this tournament.

never mind doesn’t look like the right tournament. Involves Russia Sweden Czech and Finland

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey Blues fans. Neutral fan from the Main Boards here. I think you guys got one of the steals of the draft. Bokk was a terrific pick. Brilliant move up by Armstrong to make the trade with Leafs GM Dubass to get this kid for only a 3rd.

Had him much higher. I think this pick potentially has the makings of the steal of the 2018 draft. Will be following this kid closely. Congrats.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

EDIT: Boxscores will be available here

So Germany lost all 3 games, with Bokk scoring one goal in the tourney; one that made it 2-0 at the time against the Swiss.

5-1 Slovakia
2-0 Czech Republic
5-4 Switzerland.

Stat-sheets don't track ice-time and it's impossible to know how he looked without video or folks who have seen commenting. Anyone see any of these games? We're looking for a German masochist, by all indications. Anyone? Anyone?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So Germany lost all 3 games, with Bokk scoring one goal in the tourney; one that made it 2-0 at the time against the Swiss.

5-1 Slovakia
2-0 Czech Republic
5-4 Switzerland.

Stat-sheets don't track ice-time and it's impossible to know how he looked without video or folks who have seen commenting. Anyone see any of these games? We're looking for a German masochist, by all indications. Anyone? Anyone?

I have not seen any of the games, the only information I can add is from short recaps on the DEB homepage. Although those barely contained more information than the box score. But in the recap for the last game (1-5 vs. Slovakia) they mentioned that Bokk hit two posts in the first period of that game.
Overall it seems that the team managed to create quite a number of chances in all three games and Bokk was probably one of the main reasons for that.

I wish I could provide more insight but this is all I got, sorry.

Reactions: stl76 and CoMoBlues

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I was very happy with the Bokk pick. I think he'll be a difference-maker if all goes right. I thought the Perunovich pick was a reach, and a big gamble. I hjope that one turns out okay. I think we will all be happy with the Bokk pick in 2-3 more years.

Reactions: rumrokh

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I was very happy with the Bokk pick. I think he'll be a difference-maker if all goes right. I thought the Perunovich pick was a reach, and a big gamble. I hjope that one turns out okay. I think we will all be happy with the Bokk pick in 2-3 more years.

I was happy with the Bokk pick the moment we made it. Kid has huge upside, great move up the board by Army and company.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Seems to make quick decisions. Might need to work on making the right ones. Lots of talent there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad