Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
With all the attention on Strome, Dvorak got off easy as far as fan/media scrutiny. I did not see a lot out of him last year and wonder if he will ever achieve more than 3rd line center status.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
With all the attention on Strome, Dvorak got off easy as far as fan/media scrutiny. I did not see a lot out of him last year and wonder if he will ever achieve more than 3rd line center status.

I said from the get go he’s got 3rd line upside, so I’m not upset with his production so far

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
.47 PPG, plays a respectable two-way game, can play special teams, had 37 points while passing to Domi a good portion of the season, had 33 points his rookie year in a nondevelopment role, is only 22 on an ELC.

What exactly are/were your expectations?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Dvorak will be fine. That is the one player that I am not worried about. I think he is a fringe #2 C in the league - I don't know if he gives you the offensive production of a 2nd liner, but he plays the 200 ft game and will give the minutes for it.

Reactions: rt and hbk

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Dvorak will be fine. That is the one player that I am not worried about. I think he is a fringe #2 C in the league - I don't know if he gives you the offensive production of a 2nd liner, but he plays the 200 ft game and will give the minutes for it.

For a team that has had center problems for more than a decade, I don't really get why there's buzz around potentially moving someone who has made the jump into becoming an everyday center in the NHL and can play tough minutes, is at a 0.45 PPG through his first 150 games, and is only 22 years old.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I see a lot of Lars Eller in Dvorak.

As they are right now there's something to that, though I think Eller has another gear/intensity Dvorak lacks yet and more veteran savvy of course. I hope his upside is higher. But like I said the other day if he stays more or less what he is I think that's okay.

Dvorak hit the scene and had a season it took Eller 3 years to have. So hopefully even better things to come :)

Reactions: Katie Connauton

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
For a team that has had center problems for more than a decade, I don't really get why there's buzz around potentially moving someone who has made the jump into becoming an everyday center in the NHL and can play tough minutes, is at a 0.45 PPG through his first 150 games, and is only 22 years old.

People have lost their shit because the team was competitive down the stretch. How quickly people abandon the principles of team building, especially in a budget market...

Reactions: IPreferPi

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
From a Hab fan:

Galchenyuk is a very talented player. He’s equally a very good playmaker and goal scorer. His skating is average or below average. He’s a bit lost in the defensive zone and chasing the puck. He doesn’t often win board battles. He can score highlight goals and has a deadly shot from low right side.

He is a top 6 player but is better suited on the wing. He can produce his own points and is not a complimentary player. I would say he’s a 25-25 guy meaning 25 goals 25 assists 50 points range.

Reactions: Yandover

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He is a top 6 player but is better suited on the wing.

As someone who has probably watched Galchenyuk 200 times, this statement is not true. He plays a centreman's game. He can move to either wing during a play. He skates better down the middle. When he played with Drouin it was getting obvious that Drouin would shift to wing after a faceoff and Chuck would work down the middle to get in position for shots on the right.

He is a centre in the way he plays hockey. He's just a poor backchecker.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He is a centre in the way he plays hockey. He's just a poor backchecker.
Thank you! Time will tell as to how well he plays and where he plays in Tocchet's system.

It looks like we've finally turned the corner down here. How's your tyre fyre going??:D

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Thank you! Time will tell as to how well he plays and where he plays in Tocchet's system.

It looks like we've finally turned the corner down here. How's your tyre fyre going??:D

I used to be an Islanders fan. Saw them during their dynasty. Left when Charles Wang took over and kept Mike Milbury as GM.

I went with no team, then followed the Canadiens as a big fan of Subban and others. After the past few years with Bergevin, decided it wasn't worth it to go through that again. So I don't follow them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad