Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They look better with him on RW when we assume Strome can be a full time contributor to the top 6 next season. I've said it before and I will say it again, this entire rebuild depends on his success
It will certainly be critical, which is why we should give him the opportunity to adjust with talented linemates.

Keller -Stepan-Galchenyuk
Grabner-Dvo-Vinny
Perlini-Strome-Panik
Crouse/Cousins-Richardson-Fischer

Top two lines can take heavy minutes. Fourth line is sufficiently sticky. Strome can play with talent, and he and Perlini get sheltered a bit.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It will certainly be critical, which is why we should give him the opportunity to adjust with talented linemates.

Keller -Stepan-Galchenyuk
Grabner-Dvo-Vinny
Perlini-Strome-Panik

Top two lines can take heavy minutes. Fourth line is sufficiently sticky. Strome can play with talent, and he and Perlini get sheltered a bit.
That looks great to me, but I think after the quotes following the trade we're going to give Chucky a long look at C. What if we move some RWs, and let Strome and Chucky switch who plays C?

Keller -Stepan-Panik
Grabner-Dvo-Vinny
Perlini-Strome/Chucky

Pretty balanced top 3 lines, and Strome and Chucky both get some time at C and wing. Best case scenario they both succeed and push Richardson to the wing, or out of the lineup if Crouse steps up.

Keller-Stepan-Vinny
Grabner-Dvo-Panik
Cousins-Chucky-Perlini
Crouse-Strome-Fischer

If Chucky is a huge success, like 1C status:

Keller-Chucky-Vinny
Grabner-Dvo-Panik
Crouse -Stepan-Perlini
Cousins-Strome-Fischer

I really hope Crouse makes the lineup and is a legit 3rd line forward. I don't think he's ever going to be a top 6 winger skill wise, but if he can have average 3rd liner skill with his package of skating, size, and defensive acumen, that's a useful player. Plus it would make our worst everyday forward cousins. When's the last time our worst everyday forward wasn't an AHL level player?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Galchenyuk is going to get his shot as 2C. Unfortunately, I think that they aren't going to give Strome a real shot. They'll try him at wing on the fourth line, or a couple of shifts at 4C with Cousins and Richardson, decide it isn't working and go sticky.
My lineup is just what I would like to see, not what I think is going to happen.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That looks great to me, but I think after the quotes following the trade we're going to give Chucky a long look at C. What if we move some RWs, and let Strome and Chucky switch who plays C?

Perlini-Strome/Chucky

Pretty balanced top 3 lines, and Strome and Chucky both get some time at C and wing. Best case scenario they both succeed and push Richardson to the wing, or out of the lineup if Crouse steps up.

Galchenyuk has issues with is two way play, and Perlini isn't exactly strong in his own zone. Even as a mismatch line it's probably not going to work. I can tell you right now that Fischer is way better than 4th line duty stats wise. He's the strongest possession forward the team has.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Galchenyuk has issues with is two way play, and Perlini isn't exactly strong in his own zone. Even as a mismatch line it's probably not going to work. I can tell you right now that Fischer is way better than 4th line duty stats wise. He's the strongest possession forward the team has.
Fortunately the latter two lineups don't have a normal shitty 4th line. The first one would be rough for Fish though. Who plays 4th line RW instead of Fish in that first group, Panik? Upgrading one of Richardson or Crouse/Cousins (unless Crouse steps up bit time) would make that 4th line a lot better.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Sorry about Hab fans coming in here and giving ill informed information on Galchenyuk. These are the same people who think Alzner was a great signing and MB is a good GM take it all with a grain of salt.

I really am interested to see how Raanta and your D holds up this year should be fun to watch.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sorry about Hab fans coming in here and giving ill informed information on Galchenyuk. These are the same people who think Alzner was a great signing and MB is a good GM take it all with a grain of salt.

I really am interested to see how Raanta and your D holds up this year should be fun to watch.
If Raanta and the blue line stay healthy they should be really solid. We have a lot of question marks up front though, Chucky is one of the biggest. I have no idea who to beleiev, and what will happen, but I'd say this season will probably settle the "is he a center" debate once and for all. For our sake I hope he's a 1C. If not hopefully he can pot 30 with Keller and Stepan.

I hope Mad Max rediscovers his scoring touch, he'll be my favorite non coyote for a long time. As much as I like the value we got, losing Max is really tough. I think he'll be a fan favorite very quickly for you guys.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Galchy made big strides in his all around game from december to the end of the year. That's a part of why I'm not feeling this trade as a Habs fan. That and he's shown tremendous offensive upside as a center and on the PP.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Galchenyuk at his worst was better than all but 3 of our forwards IMO. It's a question of just how much of an upgrade he might be. As for Domi, I like the kid. One fiery ball of emotion. I hope that Montreal finds a Yoda to mentor him and teach him control.

Reactions: Price is Wright

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I think people are too fixated on Stepan being in the first line. Yes he did have a strong second half last season but he has never been and will never be a true 1C, rather a 50-60 point guy who would ideally be in the second line in a strong team. Galchenyuk on the other hand is a potential 70+ point guy with a high-end skill set. He prefers the middle, so IMO it would be foolish to not see what he can do in that role with Keller just because Stepan is the "safe option" based on last season. The other winger would need to be someone who gets his nose dirty in tough areas while still being skilled enough take part in plays, maybe Fischer could be that. Panik maybe.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think people are too fixated on Stepan being in the first line. Yes he did have a strong second half last season but he has never been and will never be a true 1C, rather a 50-60 point guy who would ideally be in the second line in a strong team. Galchenyuk on the other hand is a potential 70+ point guy with a high-end skill set. He prefers the middle, so IMO it would be foolish to not see what he can do in that role with Keller just because Stepan is the "safe option" based on last season. The other winger would need to be someone who gets his nose dirty in tough areas while still being skilled enough take part in plays, maybe Fischer could be that. Panik maybe.
If Chucky can take the 1C spot and score 70 points I don't anyone here will complain haha. He's an unknown still though, we don't even know if he's a center yet. I think that's why most people(myself included) keep putting Stepan at the 1 spot. I'd LOVE for Chucky to take that spot though, love it.

Reactions: Name Nameless

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
There are plenty of minutes at the 2nd line level of TOI to be effective anyway.

Stepan getting 1C minutes just seems likely based on what Tocchet did last season. It would be more likely Keller spends time with him on the second line than Galchenyuk actually playing 19-20 minutes @ C I think. We already saw that last season when Keller played with Dvorak for a couple months.

But the only player who never really got shook up last season? Stepan. He played 1C minutes the whole year. Galchenyuk would have to unseat him over the course of 2-3 months before that changes.

I think it's likely we end up leaning pretty heavily on 2 lines and the 3rd and 4th fight it out game to game on who gets more. Where as last season we leaned *REALLY* heavily on one line and the other 3 fought it out, until the Sticky bois took it over for a couple months.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If Galchenyuk has 1C potential, Montreal would have figured that out. I don't see him being able to handle the tough 1C minutes on D like Stepan has been doing for years. I think its a reach for him to be a C, I know they will try it and I hope it works.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If Galchenyuk has 1C potential, Montreal would have figured that out. I don't see him being able to handle the tough 1C minutes on D like Stepan has been doing for years. I think its a reach for him to be a C, I know they will try it and I hope it works.

Most HFers would tell you Montreal couldn't figure out how to cross the street.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You could be right, but Chayka feels he can play C, so I sure hope he is right and Montreal was wrong. He has the talent, my fingers are crossed.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You could be right, but Chayka feels he can play C, so I sure hope he is right and Montreal was wrong. He has the talent, my fingers are crossed.
They tried Domi at C too. Galchenyuk might make it as a C, I just doubt it. My point was if he makes it as a C, he won't be a 1C, Montreal wouldn't have missed that bad on him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They tried Domi at C too. Galchenyuk might make it as a C, I just doubt it. My point was if he makes it as a C, he won't be a 1C, Montreal wouldn't have missed that bad on him.
That is not a fair comparison. Chucky produced very well when he played C in Montreal until his injury. Most feel he can't make it as a C, but Chayka thinks he can as does Galchenyuk. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad