Speculation: Does Lucic want out of Edmonton?

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Yes that incident plus he was out clubbing on Granville St and some dudes faught Lucic and his boys.

Cops got involved and Lucic was infamously video'd telling " do you kno who Iam...do u know who iam"

The incident was some loser wanna be tough guy was trying to fight Lucic to look tough I guess and wouldn’t leave Lucic alone. It was actually the fan who said “do you know who your f***ing with?” first to Lucic :laugh:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Has a player in his situation (horrible contract) ever asked for a trade? Would be interesting how the team handled it because it’s obvious no one is going to take on that contract

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Like most overpaid players in hockey crazy markets... yes. The scrutiny in today’s social media crazed generation must be a very difficult situation for the player. They sign the contract, but they need to live up to that contract.

I like Lucic the teammate but that contract was ridiculous... AAV, term, NMC and buyout proof structure... Chiarelli will unfortunately never be an NHL GM ever again. I say ‘unfortunate’ because there are a few fan bases I would like to bless with Chia’s talents.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
With Eriksson comments today are Lucic and him trying to arrange a deal?

It would probably be better for Vancouver just to buyout Eriksson rather than trading it for Lucic, he has that much of a negative value due to the expansion draft. The only way Edmonton gets rid of Lucic is if they pay a team to do it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
** Please No Trade Proposals**

This thread is more about discussing Lucic's situation in Edmonton. From an interview he did yesterday, it 100% sounds like he wants out of Edmonton.

Lucic was asked if he still dreams about playing for the Canucks

Summary of his response :

- "that's definitely something I wouldn't rule out "

- It has always been a dream of mine

- All the stuff that happened with me and Vancouver in 2011 is all water under the bridge

- it hasn't gone well for me in Edmonton

- he then goes into full detail about the Canucks team..calling them a very exciting team and complimenting Benning and Coach Green

Seems verry weird and unusual for a player under contract to be discussing his passion and dream of wanting to play for another team and then detailing that team.

It's almost like reverse Tampering.

Does Lucic want out of Edmonton that badly?

Milan Lucic speculates on one day playing for Vancouver Canucks: "That's definitely something I wouldn't rule out."

I listened to that interview on my way to work, and I never once got the impression that he wants out of Edmonton, or at least to the extent that he's trying to get out.

This is why most players give bland interviews because some people like to run with the quotes and turn them into something else.

In context, him being open to possibly playing in Vancouver one day is referring to to his history in that market, and some unfortunate things that have happened in the past when he was with Boston. I think he called it water under the bridge at this point.

He didn't frame the response in a way that would suggest he wants out immediately, or that he would demand a move somewhere else.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can't blame him if he does. Even I wouldn't play for that ****ty organization. Pay me $800K, I don't care. Wouldn't do it. I can't even skate!

Plus he came there after a very succesful Boston tenure and LA made the playoffs in one season there.

Now that I look at it, between 2005-2017 he missed the playoffs only once between juniors/NHL.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Plus he came there after a very succesful Boston tenure and LA made the playoffs in one season there.

Now that I look at it, between 2005-2017 he missed the playoffs only once between juniors/NHL.
He makes the playoffs every year until he comes to Edmonton.

The Oilers make the playoffs for the first time in over a decade when they sign him.

Now the Oilers suck again.

Hmmm.

Peter Easton

Jan 31, 2019
I like Lucic the teammate but that contract was ridiculous... AAV, term, NMC and buyout proof structure... Chiarelli will unfortunately never be an NHL GM ever again. I say ‘unfortunate’ because there are a few fan bases I would like to bless with Chia’s talents.

He (Lucic) was getting that deal from somewhere, but went to EDM to be with the guy who got him a Cup in Boston. His first year he was a big reason the Oilers got to the 2nd round, and if it weren't for the previous GM picking Darnell fricken Nurse instead of a competent Dman, then the Oilers get past the Ducks, and probably the Preds. Yes, the game changed and so did Lucic. But pump the brakes on the hatred for Chia. The problems in Edmonton have been there for over a decade, No draft picks outside of the 1st round making any impact with the club or in the league, and with the exception of McDavid, missing on every 1st round pick they had

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It would probably be better for Vancouver just to buyout Eriksson rather than trading it for Lucic, he has that much of a negative value due to the expansion draft. The only way Edmonton gets rid of Lucic is if they pay a team to do it.
If they are willing to buyout Eriksson they could also buyout Lucic before the expansion draft if necessary. But why would Lucic not wave his NMC for the expansion draft if he was in Vancouver. At the very worst he ends up in Seattle.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Player with no leverage wants out.

Ok good luck with that.

Why doesnt he just play be a pro mode on NHL 18? That way he can play and score goals for his favorite team growing up

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
He (Lucic) was getting that deal from somewhere, but went to EDM to be with the guy who got him a Cup in Boston. His first year he was a big reason the Oilers got to the 2nd round, and if it weren't for the previous GM picking Darnell fricken Nurse instead of a competent Dman, then the Oilers get past the Ducks, and probably the Preds. Yes, the game changed and so did Lucic. But pump the brakes on the hatred for Chia. The problems in Edmonton have been there for over a decade, No draft picks outside of the 1st round making any impact with the club or in the league, and with the exception of McDavid, missing on every 1st round pick they had

Are you insane? Chia completely gutted the Oilers and left them in a terrible spot. I feel sorry for any organisation that employs him as he has proven he has no idea what to do or how to evaluate talent.

Reactions: zar

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I know Looch has had his struggles but I am really looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs for us next season. We’ve seen the extra grit teams need for the post season and Milan is top of the list in that category. If we weren’t so close to making the playoffs this year I would not have been surprised to see a VGK or TB pick him up at the deadline for their run, he could have been the difference for both those squads.

Reactions: Kranix

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Draissaitl was a miss?

Reactions: zar

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I know Looch has had his struggles but I am really looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs for us next season. We’ve seen the extra grit teams need for the post season and Milan is top of the list in that category. If we weren’t so close to making the playoffs this year I would not have been surprised to see a VGK or TB pick him up at the deadline for their run, he could have been the difference for both those squads.

You know it’s a new day when we get to see leduc’s “insight” on these boards.

Reactions: LeonDraisaitl

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
The incident was some loser wanna be tough guy was trying to fight Lucic to look tough I guess and wouldn’t leave Lucic alone. It was actually the fan who said “do you know who your ****ing with?” first to Lucic :laugh:
For some reason I think I seem to remember that the losers were taunting him about losing a fight to Luke Gazdic in Edmonton the night before.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Are you sure your last name is “Easton”, “Peter”. I would reply to your post, but you are so wrong on so many of your opinions/statements... it would be a fruitless debate.

You are correct with one thing... they have drafted like crap outside of the first round. Last few years have been better.

You realize the next best Dman to Nurse at the time of the draft was Ristolainen... a player you can barely call a DEFENCEman. Take a look at the other Dmen drafted in Round 1 in 2013 and tell me who is clearly better than Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad