Speculation: Does Lucic want out of Edmonton?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I’m sure he does, but unless he’s able to void his contract (and he’s not), he’s stuck where he is.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
He (Lucic) was getting that deal from somewhere, but went to EDM to be with the guy who got him a Cup in Boston. His first year he was a big reason the Oilers got to the 2nd round, and if it weren't for the previous GM picking Darnell fricken Nurse instead of a competent Dman, then the Oilers get past the Ducks, and probably the Preds. Yes, the game changed and so did Lucic. But pump the brakes on the hatred for Chia. The problems in Edmonton have been there for over a decade, No draft picks outside of the 1st round making any impact with the club or in the league, and with the exception of McDavid, missing on every 1st round pick they had
This whole post is nonsense.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Lol it doesn’t matter. If he wants to mutually terminate his contract, I’m sure the Oilers would break the fax trying to jam the paperwork in too fast. Otherwise, he is a 4th liner paid like a 1st liner. He’s going to have live with that.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Lol it doesn’t matter. If he wants to mutually terminate his contract, I’m sure the Oilers would break the fax trying to jam the paperwork in too fast. Otherwise, he is a 4th liner paid like a 1st liner. He’s going to have live with that.

Fax??? What year are you living in?

If the NHL is still using faxes in this day and age, then no wonder it can't market the game.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
He was so excited to come to Edmonton and ride shotgun with McDavid. It must be a terrible feeling to realize he hasn't clicked (while the likes of McDavid and Draisaitl nonetheless put up unreal #'s). His contract and his play have hurt the team. As much as he likely wanted to be a part of something special he's got to realize it's really not working. If he doesn't accept that he's done as an NHLer he has to think that a move to another team will benefit him.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
No? I love the idea of Lucic. He's a liability now.

They cheer him all the time. He scores and the place erupts in cheers. Big hit they chant his name. He is a fan favorite. He is one of the few players I have seen who is thought of completely opposite by fans in the building and fans on Hf.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
There is but that's more for trade proposals.

Spoiler Alert : Oilers want to get rid of him but dont want to include anything worthy for another team to even consider.

This thread is more about Lucic and Edmonton . What happened to the marriage ? Has a player openly talked abou other teams while being under contract ??
A bunch of rando's on the internet arguing over shitty made up trade proposals in no way reflect what the organization and people actually involved in running it may or may not be trying to do.

Spoiler alert: HFBoards users want to get rid of him but don't want to include anything worthy for other HFBoards users to even consider.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
The year in which most legal documents are still sent by fax...

2019 and most legal documents are still sent by fax? A lot of companies / federal departments / etc are using Sharepoint, RPDE and own or other document sharing programs or just plain old e-mailing.

Faxing in black and white in 2019 tells me that the people / law firms / etc... using them are still stuck in the stone age.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
They cheer him all the time. He scores and the place erupts in cheers. Big hit they chant his name. He is a fan favorite. He is one of the few players I have seen who is thought of completely opposite by fans in the building and fans on Hf.
I have never seen more bullshit in one post then this one

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I have never seen more bull**** in one post then this one

The fans do cheer him on often because they want him to succeed. But it's clear the game has long past him (especially with the game faster than ever before). That said it's going to be almost impossible to deal him with his awful contract. Guess we shall see.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Does a team take Lucic for Edmonton's next two first rounders? Think it would be something like that.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
So if I understand this correctly, he can’t be traded unless he waives his nmc, but once that’s done, his nmc is gone and he could theorictically he buried in the ahl by his new team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad