Speculation: Does Lucic want out of Edmonton?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
** Please No Trade Proposals**

This thread is more about discussing Lucic's situation in Edmonton. From an interview he did yesterday, it 100% sounds like he wants out of Edmonton.

Lucic was asked if he still dreams about playing for the Canucks

Summary of his response :

- "that's definitely something I wouldn't rule out "

- It has always been a dream of mine

- All the stuff that happened with me and Vancouver in 2011 is all water under the bridge

- it hasn't gone well for me in Edmonton

- he then goes into full detail about the Canucks team..calling them a very exciting team and complimenting Benning and Coach Green

Seems verry weird and unusual for a player under contract to be discussing his passion and dream of wanting to play for another team and then detailing that team.

It's almost like reverse Tampering.

Does Lucic want out of Edmonton that badly?

Milan Lucic speculates on one day playing for Vancouver Canucks: "That's definitely something I wouldn't rule out."

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I think both the player and the organization/fans would like a split. Unfortunately, with another expansion draft on the horizon I don't see how they're able to move his full NMC contract out of town unless they're willing to significantly sweeten the pot. Unless the team is willing to pay another team to take him I don't see Lucic being traded until after the expansion draft.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think both the player and the organization/fans would like a split. Unfortunately, with another expansion draft on the horizon I don't see how they're able to move his full NMC contract out of town unless they're willing to significantly sweeten the pot. Unless the team is willing to pay another team to take him I don't see Lucic being traded until after the expansion draft.

So another few more years of the Alex Chiassons and Drake Caggulias of the world playing with Connor Mcdavid

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of course he does, and the feeling is mutual i'm sure.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I believe there's already a thread on this in the Trades board.

There is but that's more for trade proposals.

Spoiler Alert : Oilers want to get rid of him but dont want to include anything worthy for another team to even consider.

This thread is more about Lucic and Edmonton . What happened to the marriage ? Has a player openly talked abou other teams while being under contract ??

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Would be nice to see him go, but at that cap hit and our lack of assets to attach to him I don't see him going anywhere for at least 2 years.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Would be nice to see him go, but at that cap hit and our lack of assets to attach to him I don't see him going anywhere for at least 2 years.

Can the Oil really afford to have him negatively effect the depth of the team and go 2 more yrs of no success for McDavid without having McDavid saying enough is enough

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For him wanting out is not surprising. But for him to want to go to another Canadian market and bear the brunt of a huge cap hit and low production seems strange? Fans in Vancouver are no nicer about it than Edmonton fans are about his production to cap hit.

He’d be better off in a us market where the scrutiny isn’t as bad.

But the terms of his contract make it difficult unless he agrees to waive all trade and movement protection when he goes to the new team. Meaning no ED protection and the chance to be sent to the A.

If he doesn’t do that I don’t see his chance being good to leave Edm.

kovnik

Zadorov for Norris
Mar 28, 2008
Lucic stated a while ago he'd never play for Vancouver, I believe it was after some idiots vandalized his church. Even if he changed his mind, I hope Vancouver doesn't sign him. No need for him.

Reactions: Voight

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lol part of the interview Lucic also talked about how its snowing in Edmonton in May and how he has to stay there for now as his daughter Is in kindergarten

Lol dude is hating it there 100%

Reactions: Nihiliste

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lucic stated a while ago he'd never play for Vancouver, I believe it was after some idiots vandalized his church. Even if he changed his mind, I hope Vancouver doesn't sign him. No need for him.

Yes that incident plus he was out clubbing on Granville St and some dudes faught Lucic and his boys.

Cops got involved and Lucic was infamously video'd telling " do you kno who Iam...do u know who iam"

Reactions: Nihiliste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad