Does Barzal deserve a suspension? (Update: fined $5k)

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Tend to agree and I’m an Avs fan cheering for the Islanders against the Bolts. No respect for Bolts either going with PP1 on the major like that with the game already well in hand. Needless and classless.

Fly - respectfully disagree - I understand your POV but you can't let up - momentum can carry over - in my opinion you are showing that you respect your opponent by not letting up.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
If someone did that to Barzal - I sure would want to see 1 full game. That is why players the league tries to protect should not do that.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Crosscheck to the head should always be a suspension. Doesn’t matter if they haven’t in the past, they were wrong.

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wheel of Justice so who the heck knows...

Cross check to the face (called) AND "abusing" the official (not called).

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
I’ve seen worse done by Vegas and not even get a penalty
ZG8rszu.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
In the regular season, I think he gets a game. I don't think they're pulling him out of a Game 6 though.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We need a new NHL DOPS flowchart

Who committed the action?
Kadri->7 games
Wilson->Flip a coin, if heads, 10 games, if tails, pretend it didn't happen
Anyone else->$5000 fine

Reactions: Fatass

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The league needs to clean this stuff up. In the end, I blame this on the league and it's "playoff reffing" which is neanderthal and an insult to basic Rule of Law (in a sports context) and consistency of the sport.

I didn't watch the game, but generally, some action begets another. As a prime example, when Kadri was suspended in his final game as a Leaf it was preceeded by him taking a low hit to the knees if I recall correctly, right at centre ice without a call and then a hit on Marleau hard into the turnbuckle, again, without a call.

So Kadri wrongfully lost his cool and paid the price for his infraction while the Bruins got away with far too much. When you let some blatant acts go, players stew and act out.

Call the damn games straight or be forever known as a goon league that sports bettors will distrust and only MMA fans will be interested in. Give me hard hitting, intense hockey with the odd scuffle when someone crosses a line, the game shouldn't be players constantly going over the line, mocking the rulebook and refs never punishing.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Stick to the head.

Deserves a game.

It won't matter either way.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Considering a similar play happened last round and all the Bruins got was a $5000 fine, no.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't think the cross check is suspension worthy - they may look at the way he shoved the referee - Dan Carcillo was suspended a few years ago for touching the ref.

That’s a suspension penalty the Refs have to apply in their game report. Not something the DoPS retroactively applies on its own.

Reactions: drewcon40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad